• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Community in NC near Thomasville, High Point, Greensboro, e.t.c.

KH1COM2

Smash Boss
Hey all. I'm looking to get into the competitive scene. Problem is I can't find anywhere in NC that has a good competitive scene. Anybody here know where I can find one? It doesn't have to be flashy or nothing, but it's gotta be good for sure. Thanks.

emb1234

Smash Apprentice
Hi KH1COM2!

For more people, check here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ncsmash4/

There's a coffeeshop in Greensboro that hosts tournaments sometimes (Geeksboro). I think there are some legit Smash 4 players in the area too, but I'm not too familiar with the scene (since I mostly play Melee). High Point University has Smashfests about once a week, and would probably be down for some serious Smash 4.

If you ever feel like driving down to Asheboro, I'd be happy to play (though note: I'm not that good), and to try to get some of the others around here involved.

Dsean126

Smash Rookie
If you aren't playing melee then HPU has nothing for you. There's a little group who plays smash 4 for fun in the arcade but it's more for fun. Only one has ever played in a tournament (he won twice) and only three or so people can beat him in a 1v1.

Thamauturge

Smash Apprentice
I'm also interested in this. I live in the Triad area and it seems way more difficult to find tourneys here than where I attend school (Virginia Beach).

Does anyone have details about Smashfests at High Point University? Also, I went to a Geeksboro tournament a year ago during my last summer break, but I haven't heard of them doing anymore tournaments there. How often do they do them?

emb1234

Smash Apprentice
There were some Geeksboro events earlier this year, but I haven't heard of anything planned for a while. The guy who was running the monthly (or bimonthly? I don't remember) events left us. :( I think they still plan to host in the future, but idk when.

Not sure that anything will be going down at HPU during the summer. Some of the guys might be doing summer classes, but the collegiate Smash stuff, and tournaments in general, usually die down pretty hard in this time frame and area. For more details about HPU stuff, look in the Facebook group for a Smasher named Will Toms and contact him. If it's for not Melee, he might at least be able to tell you who to contact or something.

If you guys are just looking to play, feel free to PM me and exchange numbers. If it's Melee I can show up and probably work it out so that Yung Seth joins in. If it's PM/Smash 4/Brawl/64, I can at least show up. I'd generally be up for it most weekday evenings.

Another thing, if you're in this area you aren't too far from Raleigh and Charlotte, where most of the events are. There are weeklies in both cities (that alternate different games each week) on Sundays. And keep an eye on the pinned Facebook post. There's usually something to go to, although it's getting pretty quiet lately.

Last edited:
Top Bottom