• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West Smash 4 Cash! 7 : A New Beginning

Smash 4 Cash! 7 : A New Beginning
Posted by Michael Vargas
506 N Union Rd, Manteca, California 95337
Saturday, April 9, 2016 - 11:30 AM
Until: Saturday, April 9, 2016 - 06:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Michael Vargas

Smash Cadet
NNID
mdvargas
7th Tournament Hosted By ApS!

Smash! 4 Cash is a bi-weekly tournament on Saturdays. But this time on we will have tournments for all smash games.

I also own a projector so all grand finals for each Smash 4 event will be shown on the projector.

-One Stock Royale 1$

Your venue fee will be discounted to $2 if supplying a complete set up for Smash 4.

-One Stock Royale 1$

Your venue fee will be discounted to $2 if supplying a complete set up for Smash 64.

-One Stock Royale 1$

Your venue fee will be discounted to $2 if supplying a complete set up for MELEE.

-One Stock Royale 1$

Your venue fee will be discounted to $2 if supplying a complete set up for PM.

Your venue fee will be discounted to $2 only once if multiple set ups are brought.

Where - War Torn Front
Address - 506 N Union Rd, Manteca, CA 95337
Manteca, California
When - 11:30 AM to 6:30 PM

TOURNAMENTS:
Cash prizes for first, second, and third placings for all events except “One Stock Royale”, which has cash prizes for first place only.

RULES: SMASH Wii U RULES:

●Game version: US Nintendo WiiU
●Game Settings: 2 Stock, 6 Minute Time Limit, Items Off, Equipment Off, 2/3 Games
●Customs: OFF (Except for Mii Fighters)
●Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.
●You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to.

STAGE LIST
●Lylat Cruise
●Town & City
●Duck Hunt
●Dreamland 64

THE MII CUSTOMS WILL BE ALLOWED!!!
(THIS IS A TEST I THE SCENE DISAGREES WITH THIS OVER TIME I WILL CHANGE THE RULE.)

SMASH 64 RULES: http://smashboards.com/rulesets/smash-64/

MELEE RULES: http://smashboards.com/rulesets/melee/

PM RULES: http://smashboards.com/rulesets/project-m/

For those who don't know “One Stock Royale” is a tournament type that is single elimination, one stock, 3 mins and only first place will get a cash prize for this tournament.

Sign-ups -11:30 AM. Closes at 2:30 PM.
Starts - 2:45 PM

Presented by Central Valley Smash!
Facebook - https://facebook.com/CentralValleySmash
Community - http://on.fb.me/1E9wbyR
Twitter - @CenValleySmash
YouTube - http://youtube.com/user/CVSmashTournaments

CONTACT

Michael Vargas (Head T.O) - (209) 466-9156
War Torn Front (VENUE) - (209) 824-7777

The Game II

Smash Champion
Hey everyone, there will be an Amiibo tournament in addition to the other events going on this day. I'll post the rules soon! Many thanks to the TOs for making it happen!

--GCII

Michael Vargas

Smash Cadet
NNID
mdvargas
Don't forget about this event. April 9th 11:30 am to 6:30 pm. Now including Melee, PM, 64, Amiibo and Smash 4 tournaments. Also the Amiibo tourney has a $100 pot bonus!!!

The Game II

Smash Champion
Hey everyone, here are the rules for the Amiibo tournament, entry fee $5 per Amiibo, maximum 2 Amiibos per person. The winner of the Amiibo tournament will receive a $100 bonus.

Rules subject to change if one of the TOs or I need to change something ahead of the event. Any questions, hit me up in the replys here or on twitter @thegametwok.

= = =

All Amiibos currently available for purchase are allowed into the tournament.

Each trainer is allowed two Amiibos into the tournament.

Double elimination

Preliminary matches: Best of 3 games

Grand finals: Best of 5 games

Each game is 2 stock, 6 minutes

Omega-style stages only or Final Destination, selected by Random

Items are set to Off and Enabled. If your Amiibo is equipped with an item to start a game, it is allowed. No other items will spawn during games.

All bonuses are allowed, the maximum three allotted per Amiibo

Equipment upgrades/concentrations can go to the maximum 120 positive cumulative points as technically allowed by the game. If an Amiibo has more than 120 positive cumulative points (aka it was boosted via Action Replay), it will not be allowed. You can go into the negative on stats as long as the three categories add up to no more than 120 points.

The Amiibo(s) must be registered prior to the start of the tournament.

The Amiiqo device is not allowed.

An Amiibo's stats and bonuses cannot be altered at any point during the tournament.

Trainers must save after every match.

Trainers are allowed to practice with their Amiibo in between matches.

The bracket will be separated to where the Amiibos by the same trainer cannot meet up until winners finals at the earliest on the winners bracket side.

Double jeopardy will be prevented until it can’t (losers semifinal and beyond).

If two Amiibos by the same trainer meet up in the winners bracket, losers semifinals, losers finals or grand finals, they must play each other.

If two Amiibos by the same trainer meet up in what would be both their first losers bracket match, they will be moved.

If two Amiibos by the same trainer meet up any other time in losers bracket (after first round but before losers semifinals), they will not be moved, and the trainer has the option of skipping the match and choosing which Amiibo to continue. If the trainer chooses to play the match, that result is final.

I am entering the tournament. If there are at least 10 Amiibos (including my two) entered into the tournament, I am disqualifying myself from the bonus. If there are fewer than 10, it's open.

Michael Vargas

Smash Cadet
NNID
mdvargas
Do you have a good idea how many people will come the event?
Yes I do. Usually with only smash 4 around 13 people come. But now with the new games added there will be a lot more people. It seems like there will be 15 for Smash 64, 13 for Smash 4, 5 for PM, and 5 for Melee. But these are not final but are still a good estimate of where we are.

Last edited:

TheNerdyGeek (Blitz)

Smash Rookie
NNID
spencerc
3DS FC
3411-2901-6573
Yes I do. Usually with only smash 4 around 13 people come. But now with the new games added there will be a lot more people. It seems like there will be 15 for Smash 64, 13 for Smash 4, 5 for PM, and 5 for Melee. But these are not final but are still a good estimate of where we are.
Okay thanks. What kind of pot winnings are given? And is the amiibo tournament it's own tournament or an add-on to Smash 4?

And finally, what kind of players show up? (Rookie, amateur, skilled, pro, etc.)

Michael Vargas

Smash Cadet
NNID
mdvargas
60% for first, 30% for second, 10% for third Yes the amiibo tournement is its own event. And we have a wide range of skill. We have a few very good smash 4 players and then a bunch of decent players.

Michael Vargas

Smash Cadet
NNID
mdvargas
Okay, ONE more. Should I arrive at 11:30 or anytime between 11:30 and 2:30?
Here's the schedule

Event Schedule:
11:30 am - Venue Opens/Friendlies
1:30 pm - Smash 4 Singles sign ups close
1:45 pm - Smash 64 Singles sign ups close
2:00 pm - Melee Singles sign ups close
2:15 pm - PM Singles sign ups close
5:30 pm - One Stock Royale sign ups close for all games

TheNerdyGeek (Blitz)

Smash Rookie
NNID
spencerc
3DS FC
3411-2901-6573
Here's the schedule

Event Schedule:
11:30 am - Venue Opens/Friendlies
1:30 pm - Smash 4 Singles sign ups close
1:45 pm - Smash 64 Singles sign ups close
2:00 pm - Melee Singles sign ups close
2:15 pm - PM Singles sign ups close
5:30 pm - One Stock Royale sign ups close for all games

Thanks! Also, if you'd like, I can bring a Wii U with all Sm4sh DLC (and a GC adapter) and a small flatscreen.

Top Bottom