• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Appreciation thread

qerl08

Smash Rookie
ever since Ultimate(though it looks great) was announced I've been saddened when people compare it to smash 4 as an inferior game. So I made this thread, to share what we like about it as its own game!
So what do you like about Smash 4?

D

Deleted member

Given that the Smash Ultimate Discussion thread is like the city that never sleeps, it feels as though Smash 4 will possibly suffer the same fate as Brawl. But even after Ultimate releases there will still possibly be a few gatherings every now and then.

Sa, the things I loved about Smash 4:
  • :4bayonetta2: :rosalina::4lucina: and :4bowserjr:
  • Umbra Clock Tower and the music that came with it
  • Custom special moves
  • Making Mii Fighters based off of myself (though I am starting to love Soulcalibur series' create-a-soul more)
  • Target Blast
  • Removing random tripping from Brawl
  • The return of N64 stages such as Hyrule Castle
  • Omega stages
  • New Pokèball assistants/Assist Trophies
Sayonara :kirby:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I think it's one of the best Smash games out there for me. I'm not too keen on fast-paced gameplay like Melee or Project M, but I'm not a fan of Brawl's slow-paced gameplay either. Smash 4 is currently the "perfect balance" of those games. Sure, it has its problems like Bayonetta and rewarding defensive plays, but I've never really had an abysmal experience with it. Ultimate may or may not usurp Smash 4 from its throne as my favorite Smash game, but regardless of whatever happens, I'll still consider Smash 4 one of the best Smash games to play both casually and competitively.

qerl08

Smash Rookie
For me the thing I loved most about smash 4 was the event match. those little snippets at the beginning provided a lot of insight for the characters, and the challenges were really fun

Top Bottom