• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

smash 4 achievements?

androsss

Smash Rookie
i think it would be nice to have some kind of achievements like the ps3 and xbox do in smash,

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Did they not already have something like that in Brawl?

Kid Icarus Uprising had one too. (Three in fact)

I never owned a PS3 or Xbox 360 so I don't know how those worked. But I think we will likely get something similar to Brawl and Kid Icarus Uprising in terms of an "achievements system" in smash 4.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Brawl's challenges were different in that they actually rewarded you with stuff. Achievements are usually whacky stuff that you get nothing for, like "KO 2 opponents at once with the same Falcon Punch," no rewards.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Brawl's challenges were different in that they actually rewarded you with stuff. Achievements are usually whacky stuff that you get nothing for, like "KO 2 opponents at once with the same Falcon Punch," no rewards.
Hmm... Sounds like I maybe rather have the Brawl/Kid Icarus Uprising "Achievement system" then... It feels a bit more like you actually earned something than nothing at all. then again, I never tried out the PS3 and Xbox 360 ones so I wouldn't really know.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The Xbox360/PS3 achievement system is pretty much just something to do to waste time for 100% completionists. I don't mind it too much, but I wouldn't miss it in a Smash Bros game either.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
I would love it if SSB4 had a checkerboard achievement system like Kirby Air Ride and Kid Icarus Uprising.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Smash Bros. had achievements since the first installment, basically.
The "You made 100 matches! Bravo!" thing is one of them, isn't it?
Brawl's way of making achievements is the best. They're not meaningless and they reward you with something, even if only a sticker.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Smash Bros. had achievements since the first installment, basically.
The "You made 100 matches! Bravo!" thing is one of them, isn't it?
Brawl's way of making achievements is the best. They're not meaningless and they reward you with something, even if only a sticker.
Oh yeah that's actually true. Smash had that achievement thing since the very beginning. 64 congratulated you on anything you've done to unlock something, Melee also gave you a noticeboard list to tell you what you've achieved so far and Brawl went as far as also showing what you unlocked (and can unlock although hidden) as well as telling you what you did/should do in order to unlock said thing so far.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Yep. I just hope in Sm4sh some of them aren't so boring or hard.
I don't know anyone who unlocked the Stickers trophy/achievement without the hammer. Me too, I play this game since 2008 but I have still only 697 of the 700 total stickers. It's just plain impossible. I had to use one of the hammers because at least I wanted to get all the trophies.
I also used the hammer to the task that required to make the All-Star mode with every character. After that, I made the mode with two players even though I was the only one actually playing to unlock every trophy at double speed.
I also had to use the hammer for the Boss mode at Impossible. I just couldn't do it. Lol.

SupahLink

Smash Cadet
I'm fine with what Brawl has. The only major difference between the two systems is that achievements add to your "gamer score", and the completed achievements are public for your friends to see. I don't really bother with it, though. I prefer Brawl's in-game rewards.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Maybe something a Smash Bros. logo next to your username when you play online to show that you completed stuff would be nice.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Who knows what kind of online features will be added to the wiiu in the summer. The wiiu's online functionality isnt quite complete yet, but in the summer they are adding alot of new tools that developers can use to integrate the miiverse into their games, like setting up tournaments and being able to share content and presumably alot of stuff that they'll use that wont involve opening up miiverse, but will be passively activated without opening up miiverse in the game. Like online lobbys for games so you can set up matches with friends. Achievements might not be out of the question.

Maybe something a Smash Bros. logo next to your username when you play online to show that you completed stuff would be nice.
In Brawl ( and Injustice, Tatsunoko Vs Capcom, and many other fighting games) you could unlock new symbols that would be placed next to your name on online lobbys after achieving a certain objective in the game, like unlocking a character or winning a certain number of matches.
In Brawl, you got a pic of the character or their logo and even some pics of the bosses and subspace enemies that could be placed next to your name, gave me a reason to play the subspace to get that ridley icon.

Tylerflipz

Smash Rookie
Well the kind of achievements your speaking of you actually do get, like "punching bag" or "item-less" or "star man ko" these are things you receive points for at the end of each match, they are in your description after a game. But I'm not exactly sure what the point system is for.

Top Bottom