• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Tourney Skype Group! Come on and join! (OPEN AGAIN)

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
Heya, I'm ATH and I'm the main leader in a group of friends on skype. We do 3DS tourneys once every three weeks or so. If you would like to join the skype group PM me or respond here!

We're looking for more people as we've had an issue with only a third of the members showing for tourneys, and we'd like these to have more people with more diverse characters. We'll accept most any skill levels, even if you're brand new!

We have a basic ruleset and all we ask of you is to show up to tourneys and follow the chat rules. Chat rules are simple and as follows:

Do not be discriminate towards anyone in any way. Sexism, Sexualism, Genderism, and Racism are not tolerated.
Try to be friendly and give tips to other players! It's always useful.
Do not spam the chat with same or similar messages repeatedly.
Blame nobody but yourself for not knowing these rules
Don't be a douchebag (Up to the 4 mods, which includes myself)

I think that's pretty basic stuff, now I'll post our ruleset we use for 3DS.

General
  • Swiss Rounds
  • Top X Bracket, Single Elimination + 3rd place match. X depending on how many people there are. Double Elimination if top 8.
A. Game Settings
  • Stocks are set to 2 and Time is set to 5 minutes
  • All matches must be played best of 3 (⅔ to win) with the exception of the Top 4 bracket, of which will play best of 5 (⅗ to win).
  • Custom Fighters are turned off
  • Mii Fighters are allowed but must use default Specials.

B. Stage List
FLSS: Stages
  • Final Destination
  • Battlefield
  • Yoshi’s Island
  • Prism Tower
  • Arena Ferox

Stage Striking:
During the pre-game setup, and after character selection, both players will take turns striking a stage from the stage list. The player with the higher seed number will strike first, followed by their opponent striking next, and so on until a singular stage remains. They will then go to that stage in it’s non-omega form. Between games, all strikes will be lifted. In games 2 and 3, the Winner of the previous game will strike 2 stages and their opponent will choose a stage of the remaining 3.

C. Other Rules

Character Rule:
During the setup of game 2 and game 3, the Winner of the previous game will select their character and announce to their opponent who they are picking. Then, the Loser of the previous game will select their character and announce to their opponent who they are picking. Both players MUST select the characters they announce, otherwise the match may be forfeited by those who break the rule.

Gentleman’s Rule/Gentlewoman’s Rule:
Any stage can be played on if both players agree to it. If a player breaks a rule but both players allow it to pass, then they may continue, however this can NOT pertain to the “Game Settings” section.

DSR (Dave’s Stupid Rule):
A player may not pick any stage they previously won on during the set.

Disconnection Rule:
If a player is disconnected due to internet from a game more than 3 times in a match, they must forfeit. The player who is disconnected is defined by who is brought back to the Main Menu and who is brought to the With Friends screen. A player brought back to the Main Menu after receiving a disconnection error will count as the player who disconnected.

Sudden Death Rule: (Sudden Death’s result does not count towards anything)
If the timer runs out during any game, the player with the highest amount of stocks is declared the winner of that game. If the stock count between both players is equal, then the player with the lowest percent is declared the winner of that game. If both the stock count and percentages are equal, then a tie breaker will occur. TIE BREAKER RULES: 1 Stock, 2 minutes on Timer.

Responsibility - All players are in charge of keeping track of their chat logs, replays, and any agreement made between players.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I'm down. You need to let me know when the tourney is though

PowerSauce

Smash Cadet
NNID
shadowlugiaxd
3DS FC
3007-8726-3860
I would like to join. Skype: Shadow.LugiaXD

Jonney

Smash Cadet
NNID
hawkeye721
3DS FC
4253-3982-7075
I'm in, skype is

Last edited:

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
As of now we won't be taking in any more people. Thanks for the responses! You can still respond and I'll add you incase a person leaves.

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
WE ARE OPEN AGAIN FOR SUBMISSIONS! Please be in the USA or in the UK. Timezones are an issue.

Jujuace

Smash Rookie
NNID
Juju
3DS FC
1736-1664-1010
I'd love to join, this is my first time being in a tourney tho, but my skype is respecthefate

Tanark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tanark
3DS FC
4227-4063-6713
This is a 3ds tourney, right? My wiiu is locked unless I figure out locker password. add tanz1107 please.

Top Bottom