• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Save Editor Concerns

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Lately I've been feeling quite disturbed with how random the equipment drops are in Smash Wii U, and I've been trying to look for a way that I can set up the equipment that I want. I've heard about a Smash 3DS save editor, which can modify your equipment data, but my main concern is that it involves using Homebrew, and as such, I'm also afraid of losing the hard work that's stored on my 3DS because of it.

My intention was to make legal equipment, and I've gotten down all the equipment formulas. However, I've read some reports that the save editors themselves have their set of flaws that I'm not comfortable about.

Simply put, I'm kind of looking for some feedback in regards to the save editor stuff, and whether or not they're safe to even be using.

Plague von Karma

The Resource Mogul
NNID
chippy2000
3DS FC
1848-2511-8044
Switch FC
SW-0980-5769-9485
Lately I've been feeling quite disturbed with how random the equipment drops are in Smash Wii U, and I've been trying to look for a way that I can set up the equipment that I want. I've heard about a Smash 3DS save editor, which can modify your equipment data, but my main concern is that it involves using Homebrew, and as such, I'm also afraid of losing the hard work that's stored on my 3DS because of it.

My intention was to make legal equipment, and I've gotten down all the equipment formulas. However, I've read some reports that the save editors themselves have their set of flaws that I'm not comfortable about.

Simply put, I'm kind of looking for some feedback in regards to the save editor stuff, and whether or not they're safe to even be using.
Pretty sure that Save Data is on the CARTRIDGE, while everything else is on the CONSOLE. DLC unlocks and updates for example are on the SD Card. If the 3DS were to be formatted usage licences on the SD card would be destroyed, including save data for the game if it's a Downloaded Copy. However, if you were to back it up using your SD Card, it should be safe if the 3DS itself isn't formatted.

I think it should be fine. Go without any worries.

Top Bottom