• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS: Lag makes it unplayable

Meyniom

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0834-0466-3699
So i have a 24% win rate in For Glory. There's terrible lag (less than 1 fps) in every second match. Of course my opponent has lag as well but i'm not used to it. I usually just played against COM because i thought i would get destroyed in For Glory and if you play against COM it doesn't lag of course. And i do get destroyed in For Glory. But the lag makes it even worse...
So my question is: Can I do anything about that? Because everybody says 40% winrate is already bad and I'm about to quit this game because of the lag. If it didn't lag i would at least be motivated to get better but with the lag it's just so frustrating and pretty much impossible to improve...

Meyniom

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0834-0466-3699
Sorry i just noticed i should have put this in the online discussion. This was my first post and I'm new here...

Hydgen

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hydgen29
3DS has quite alot of lag online and I don't know a way to fix it. If you want to start playing this game competetively, or just become a For Glory warrior, I highly recomend getting the Wii U version. It has a much better online mode. I have terrible internet, but the Wii U still stays at 40 - 50 FPS compared to the 3DS 5 - 20.

Cya :starman:

Last edited:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Firstly, if you ever post a Thread in the wrong section a Mod will usually move it once they spot it. If it hasn't moved you can always ask a Mod to move it for you if you feel it is needed. Also, please be careful not to double post as that is frowned upon here.

Also, welcome to Smashboards. In any case...

I don't own the 3DS version, so I really can't say much about it's connection issues. It could be your internet depending on how good it is, or it can even be family members if you're in a busy household where a lot of people are online at once or doing things to cause it to slow down (such as Netflix, Youtube, etc). Maybe try testing the connection on your 3DS or maybe resetting it if possible?

If you have other 3DS games that use the online function you could try testing it to see how it does with other games, too.

If you have a Wii U you can always get the Wii U version and try it. I know if the connection is still terrible on the Wii U you can always get an adapter to fix it usually. You also really shouldn't worry about your Win Rate to begin with. You should really focus on having fun rather than keeping your % (that no one is really able to see but you unless they spectate anyways) as high as possible.

Hopefully you can fix the lag issue somehow. If not, there's always the Wii U version.

Glitch_Wiz

Smash Cadet
3DS's online play is not too reliable compared to the wii u. It can't really handle a powerful game being played online at the same time where you need to put in a lot of commands, so it's going through quite a bit. Like mentioned above, the Wii U would be recommended for online play. Games that do have online functionality like pokemon are a bit less powerful than smash, and online play is better received on there than smash from my personal opinion and experience, for the factor where it's not too powerful. But most of the time it may be your wifi.

Top Bottom