• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Small theory about her afterlag combos.

Annihilat®

Smash Journeyman
What if it's like ZSS's Down B afterlag kick? Eventually, the cooldown from the move wears off and you'll be able to do other mices. You're free to move, byt if you do nothing, you suffer awful lag.

I was here thinking Bayonetta might be able to do large combos and cancle out her landing lag by doing some other attack. What'd'ya think?

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Hm... I'm pretty sure this won't work, but in the moveset thread there was another idea to avoid the lag: by grabbing the ledge i.e.

Also I think the combos which may have quite some lag mean that you just have to know when you can't get another hit against your ennemy and better retreat to the stage(so the lag may not be punishable, because you launched the ennemy with your last attack). This would somehow be nice, because you would be rewarded(with not being punished) when knowing you should end a combo while you would be punished if you're fishing too much in the air in order to take a combo as far as possible and then missing the ennemy with the last attack.

TippingScales

Smash Rookie
NNID
OrionRedPanda
3DS FC
0404-6223-9305
I believe the lag is always present, yet gets bigger the more attacks you do, and thats why Its encouraging to do a great massive combo that leaves your opponet out of punishing you.

since even when doing the witch twist once in the vid, she still had a lot of lag, so I believe thats her downside as a whole.

Annihilat®

Smash Journeyman
Not even doing an attack like her down air. Maybe she has one of lag cancel moves (like Rosa N-air, Kirby D-air, Samus B-air). Input a lag cancel move right when landing. Maybe her bullets can do it (trading lag).

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I think her dair will be pretty bad and will only have a quite situational use. I am highly supporting the idea that grabbing the ledge after a combo will be amazing to avoid the landing lag.

Also I wonder if the landing lag is only big when using many special moves(Side B, Up B). Has a up-air + nair + fair + upb combo much landing lag and especially less, equal or more landing lag then upb + side b + side b + upb? I think "normal" aerials don't have an influence on her landing lag and only the special moves have an effect on her landing lag.

Also I had the impression that a down-angled side b hasn't much lag when going down to the stage and hitting the stage. If so, she could maybe use the down-angled side b to cancel the after-combo-lag too.

After all, checking how the increased landing lag works will be a major point to lab right at the release date for sure as well as finding ways to possibly cancel the landing lag.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
I really think bayonetta is going to benefit greatly from ledge canceling to reduce lag and extend combos.

DeadLuckChris

Smash Cadet
Yeah im guessing that the more attacks you do in the air increases the amount of lag u get

Mr_Kreep3r

Smash Apprentice
Downward Angled ABK Platform/Edge Canceling might cancel lag... you heard it here first if I'm right.

Last edited:

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
I know that when you play Captain Falcon and you grab someone with Falcon Dive, he suffers landing lag UNLESS you pull out a n-air just before you hit the ground. I'm not sure this can apply to Bayonetta however, especially since she can hold her aerials to make them go on for quite a while (Bullet Art aerials)).

Top Bottom