• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Small Pointer...I guess

Mythol

Smash Cadet
Whenever I'm Pit and I'm facing a decent opponent, I tend to get all of my recovery abilities taken away when I'm far away from the edge... :urg:

But instead of just dying or trying to get close using my side b, to get one last hit with that stock, I use my arrow, point upwards, and I die I can still control my arrow and so I try to hit my opponent, not much but it's an extra 5-6% of damage I don't mind having.

Idk how many of you do this, just sharing...

henrytran

Smash Apprentice
Yes, if you have no recovery anymore, there's notihng you can do but arrow. But that in itself is a problem. No matter how good your opponents are... you're Pit. You have pretty much the godliest recovery in the whole game. You either are not utilizing all of your options (gliding variations, hop variations, good timing of up-Bs and maneuvering around platforms). Mix it up and make it a priority to just get on stage. Improve your gliding game so that it is both a recovery and a pressure move on your way back to the platform. Pit doesn't have the best priority sometimes despite his disjointed hitbox, but he can definitely dictate where he moves at any moment.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
I agree if you have no more options you should try always to damage as much as you can with a stock but henry is right most of the time the only way pit dies is from being knocked off or sky death. Try mixing around jumps, dodges and glides. also if ur stuck your up-B lasts for a little bit wait it for than come back. USually at FInal D when im forced to up B my opponent knows if im hit i cant do anything esle so i get stuck under the edge. most times they cant hit me by jump off so i recover and if they try a more precise hit thats enough time to make it to the edge where you have many more options.

Mythol

Smash Cadet
Yes, if you have no recovery anymore, there's notihng you can do but arrow. But that in itself is a problem. No matter how good your opponents are... you're Pit. You have pretty much the godliest recovery in the whole game. You either are not utilizing all of your options (gliding variations, hop variations, good timing of up-Bs and maneuvering around platforms). Mix it up and make it a priority to just get on stage. Improve your gliding game so that it is both a recovery and a pressure move on your way back to the platform. Pit doesn't have the best priority sometimes despite his disjointed hitbox, but he can definitely dictate where he moves at any moment.
Like I said...I tend to fight good players who are amazing at edgeguarding, glide can be stopped easily if the opponent times his attacks right, my 3 jumps can be used up quickly, and my up b isn't that good really.. get hit once and you die, These people are honestly hard, people like UL and such, I knot it's not a huge deal but like I said, It's extra damage I'm sure you would like

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
If anything for recovery you can utilize both DI and Air Dodges to move close enough to the stage safely, then glide back where your opponent wouldn't expect you to go ie: Instead of gliding back to the edge, glide over or under to the other side of the stage. That normally helps. But if you do get knocked down, feel free to spam the arrows for the extra damage.

Mythol

Smash Cadet
Yjanks for that but I' just trying to say, if you opponent is an awesome efgeguarder sometimes air dodging, gliding, up b wont help you, nvm :(

Top Bottom