• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Small Melee Smash Tourney in Regina, SK (March 31)

Aside

Smash Rookie
Gah, this should've been planned better... this is quite a last second-thing.

Well, a small video game tournament is being hosted by the Computer Science Students Society at the University of Regina.

Games will include Halo 3, Modern Warfare 2, Starcraft I, and (of course) Melee.

It will be this Thursday, March 31 at the University of Regina in RIC 209 from 4pm-9pm; although the Smash tournament won't be held for the entire 5 hours. The cost to enter the entire event is a only 2 dollars. As well, there are prizes (gift cards to Zone Gaming, if I'm not mistaken) for the winner in each game and a larger prize for an overall winner (a larger gift card).

If you have any questions, please contact me. I know this wasn't well planned and I should have posted it days before... might not even get a post here but I'm throwing it out late than never.

Also, if I'm missing any critical information, please feel free to point it out to me. I am not very accustomed to posting here.

Edit: Why did I forget this? We have a facebook page set up as well: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=138216216246973&index=1

zeriph

Smash Journeyman
If I get more notice I, and possibly some others from here, would probably come if there's another. I would've come to this one if I knew about it lol

zeriph

Smash Journeyman
As Sean is the only person I know who went, and he won, I'm still going to say no one plays lol.

zeriph

Smash Journeyman
The main Regina crew was Sean, Greg, Kat and Mitch. They were all pretty good (probably better than me, at least) when we used to play but that was over 2 years ago. People in Saskatoon at least to play every once in a while. We just don't have big fests anymore.

Aside

Smash Rookie
I have been so busy... gah.

I'd forgotten about this until recently, I'll post whatever I can later today, once I'm done.

EDIT:

Alright, so here are the results... which I will present with as an image... don't know if it means anything. As well, I don't have a character list of what everyone used-we did not have a very organized anything to keep track of anything. Winner was a Jiggs but that was thrown out enough times.

zeriph

Smash Journeyman
The exciting thing about that bracket is the fact that I only recognize Sean. I don't think I've met any of those other peeps so that means Regina could have a dormant scene.

Top Bottom