• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Small Little Bowser Problems

EarthenPillar

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4399-1441-9789
So I've been playing Bowser a while now, with some tiny little stupid problems I'd like to address. If anybody else got anything to add here for their experience with Bowser go on ahead. We may even find solutions for them.

My most annoyed with Bowser Problems:
1. Random side-B whiffs. Opponent did not spot dodge.
2. F/B-tilt whiffing, resulting in Bowser exchanging positions with his opponent. Happens against small/skinny opponents: Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Lil Mac, Kirby.
3. Random whiffs past ledge.
4. Getting hit out of nowhere. Bowser's dumb hitbox hurtbox placement. ie. Samus's D-tilt facing away hits u if you're just below her.

Mr. Bones Fixed :D

Last edited:

Mr. Bones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bones-kun
3DS FC
3797-8360-5628
So I've been playing Bowser a while now, with some tiny little stupid problems I'd like to address. If anybody else got anything to add here for their experience with Bowser go on ahead. We may even find solutions for them.

2. F/B-tilt whiffing, resulting in Bowser exchanging positions with his opponent. Happens against small/skinny opponents: Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Lil Mac, Kirby.
4. Getting hit out of nowhere. Bowser's dumb hitbox placement. ie. Samus's D-tilt facing away hits u if you're just below her.
1. Hitbox is small as ****.
2. Sakurai hates Bowser.
3. ^
4. ^ (And I think you mean hurtbox here)

I hope this helps. :D But nah...most of this is just the nature of some of his moves. Except for 3. 3 is stupid. But it's easily solved just by making sure you're holding towards the edge.

Anragon

Smash Apprentice
3 never happened OR i don't understand what "whiffing randomly past ledge"

Side-B is meeeeeeh, but i love using it as a mix-up (only in SH auto-cancels)

And 4 is Bowser himself, DDD and DK suffer from this as well.

Last edited:

Flayl

Smash Hero
Default side B really can't be used as an approach anymore, exception being what Anragon mentioned.

I'd like to mention short hop FAir and BAir not being able to hit grounded opponents below a certain height (haven't figured out what the height is yet) without fast-falling. I don't have the dexterity to do SH Fastfall Fair consistently :(

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
I've been screwed over several times by side B completely whiffing on an opponent that's literally brushing up against Bowser's belly. This happens often with like Greninja, Pikachu, Diddy, aka small and fast combo characters that I really need it to NOT whiff on :facepalm:

Mr. Bones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bones-kun
3DS FC
3797-8360-5628
I'm telling you guys, Sakurai hates me Bowser. Story of my life.

EarthenPillar

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4399-1441-9789
I'd like to mention short hop FAir and BAir not being able to hit grounded opponents below a certain height (haven't figured out what the height is yet) without fast-falling. I don't have the dexterity to do SH Fastfall Fair consistently :(
Yea Bowser gets kindda floaty like that. A lot of the times I usually use F/Bair and stick to where my position is and not fastfall. Having that up-B or being able to shield faster is great.

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire

4. Getting hit out of nowhere. Bowser's dumb hitbox hurtbox placement. ie. Samus's D-tilt facing away hits u if you're just below her.

Mr. Bones Fixed :D
1. There's a certain range in front of Bowser where the hit box generates. Any closer and you need to use either up-b, down b (possibly reversed; hard read), d smash (hard read), or u smash. Mr Eh has the right idea on landing the down b if you have the chance.
2. I've taken to up b on reaction to cross-ups. My buddy's megaman is terrifying and he can pretty much land on either side of me at-will, and it's hard for me to see what's going on because of Bowser's big *** body/shield.
3. Yeah, had to start leveling with the ledge and hope I snap to it before the opponent brings out the spike.
4. I like crawling. This has never happened to me.

Last edited:

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
If Bowser does anything other than empty land during shorthops, he lands with hard landing frames, every time, even with no fast fall. I wonder if this is intentional or if it will be fixed in the upcoming patch.

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
If Bowser does anything other than empty land during shorthops, he lands with hard landing frames, every time, even with no fast fall. I wonder if this is intentional or if it will be fixed in the upcoming patch.
That explains a lot. I kept klawing to cancel landing lag because I thought there was universal hard landing or something.

Last edited:

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
That explains a lot. I kept klawing to cancel landing lag because I thought there was universal hard landing or something.
It seems like it's not a Bowser specific thing though, It looks like Rosalina does the same when I checked with her in training mode, I'll test it with other characters too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom