• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Small edgegrabbing technique

EWING

Smash Apprentice
School: Nashville, TN Home: Long Island, NY
Sooooo I've been envious of tether characters for being able to gimp characters with bad recovery easily. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, a character like Samus press back then z to tether grab the ledge immediately, then when they press forward they get a few frames of invincibility. They can do this to easily gimp the recovery of a character like Falco's up-b).

Anyway, I've been fooling around with the ledge and Jigglypuff. I've noticed for a long time that Jigglypuff has a humongous ledgegrab range, as evidence by Illi's recent awesome vid. Jiggs is an awesome a fluffy pink puffball, so her fall speed is really slow. These two things combined with the fact that you can ignore auto ledgegrab by holding down is what I've been fooling with recently.

Just press back, jump, tilt down (so as to not fastfall), and then you have like a 1 second window where you can grab the ledge on command just by releasing down.

I've used this to gimp people a lot more recently, since Puff's ****ty dash and falling speed make it harder to do the quickly ledgegrab most other chars can do.

Just make sure that you know that Jiggs can grab the ledge from really far down, which really makes this more useful.

Top Bottom