• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Small characters vs the Captain

Dr. Krumm

Smash Apprentice
This is my biggest problem when playing Falcon; he has trouble hitting small targets. I'd really appreciate tips on this front. When up against Kirby or Olimar, how do you guys handle them being small?

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
You just don't.

You pick someone else against a scrubby Kirby.

****ing Kirby.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Against Kirby you space Dtilts. If he likes to go in the air then his size is not a problem so don't use Dtilt.

Against Olimar idk, I don't have size problems with him. It's more a global range thing.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Utilt takes forever to reach the ground. It's good if the Kirby is often in the air above you, but then so is Uair/Bair/everything else.
Dtilt reaches still very far and can't be dodged by crouching, unlike Ftilt.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
I also discovered that kirby can't be grabbed when he happens to crouch.

Not that i find this surprising or anything.

Kirby has always been silly in my mind.

Lionman

Smash Champion
Olimar destroys Falcon, because he is Olimar and Falcon is really bad vs him (Falcon gets camped, grabbed easy, Oli has higher priority etc...)

Your only choice vs Olimar is to pressure him and kill him offstage

I dont know about Kirby, but he should be easier than Olimar, just dont get hit, most Falcon moves have longer range, try to use tilts vs him, im not sure if those moves work vs him but thats the stuff i usually do vs those kind of chars, also, kirby´s shield isnt really strong, you can try to Falcon kick from above and land the 2nd hit (when you touch the ground)

i hope this helps

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Kirby is dumb for the poor captain. Kirby's bair shuts a lot of falcons options down solid. I find platforms, mainly stages like battlefield are good sense you can juggle him with up air and stay relatively safe.

Olimars are hated because they cover pretty much all options and force us to play his game. You could be getting camped with pikmin nair to get them off of you and suddenly you have an olimar up smashing you into oblivion. jabs beat grabs, some side b's and olimar dsmash so cover your landings with jabs.

PZ

Smash Lord
I am more worried about usmash and grab in the olimar mu. Purple usmash is just so unfair. Kirby is outranged by us pretty much and well timed utilts or falcon kicks beat out bair camping pretty well.
Our only advantage in most of the top tier or high tier battles is our uair besides that most of our moveset is not going to help us at all except grab/throws and jabs.

Top Bottom