• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Sm4sh Remix: A Competitive Smash 4 Mod

Combo Wombo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jack_childree
3DS FC
1934-1187-4703
It's still not something that I enjoy though.
Then use a character you do enjoy. That's why there's 58 characters. Or get a hori controller with a turbo button. Not to mention his jumps all get extra height when you use a special move. It's also easier out of side b.

Combo Wombo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jack_childree
3DS FC
1934-1187-4703
how about a cyclone with less end lag or a good Luigi footstool

D

Deleted member

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Drizzlebow

Banned via Warnings
I can't wait to see what Meta Knight will look like when you get to him. I honestly don't know what to expect.

Last edited:

SmasherBandicoot11

Smash Rookie
I was looking through the character changes in this mod, and i have to say that the changes you gave to Kirby are pretty good. I love the small changes to his moveset, though I am sort of confused about his up-throw, specifically the 8% damage reduction. Can i have a bit of clarification?

Guido65

Smash Apprentice
Been a while since we've last updated, so here's our latest update to Phase I until the Melee veterans are completed. Download link/changelist is in the original post, but I'll bring it here too.

v1.04: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KLjNi5_E_kKa8w5vDlcPNfg-0ka3RGueUGoGNMsqNSM/edit?usp=sharing

here's also a link to our Discord! https://discord.gg/tQGKqrz
I have a question regarding link's fair nerf. What exactly was the reasoning behind it? I can see why it would get nerfed but I don't see it as a problematic move. Sure it's overtuned in quite a few ways but it's not an option that completely warps his gameplan around it making it always the best option to go for in almost every situation(:4bowser::4dk:grabs,:4corrin:dragon lunge,nair,fair,pre nerf :4bayonetta2: dAbk combos,). It's also frame 21 factoring in startup + jumpsquat frames and unlike some commonly safe and strong sword moves(:4marth::4robinf::4myfriends:) it lacks arcing hitboxes making it's coverage worse although it still has very good hitboxes and even has surprisingly decent vertical reach but the lack of arcing hitboxes makes it less versatile in terms of how much area it covers.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have a question regarding link's fair nerf. What exactly was the reasoning behind it? I can see why it would get nerfed but I don't see it as a problematic move. Sure it's overtuned in quite a few ways but it's not an option that completely warps his gameplan around it making it always the best option to go for in almost every situation(:4bowser::4dk:grabs,:4corrin:dragon lunge,nair,fair,pre nerf :4bayonetta2: dAbk combos,). It's also frame 21 factoring in startup + jumpsquat frames and unlike some commonly safe and strong sword moves(:4marth::4robinf::4myfriends:) it lacks arcing hitboxes making it's coverage worse although it still has very good hitboxes and even has surprisingly decent vertical reach but the lack of arcing hitboxes makes it less versatile in terms of how much area it covers.
We just thought it'd be pretty strong with only 12 frames of landing lag, especially factoring in Link's better mobility overall.

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
A small note, if a low or mid tier character gets nerfed in one area, they'll most likely get buffed somewhere else to compensate for it.

Guido65

Smash Apprentice
A small note, if a low or mid tier character gets nerfed in one area, they'll most likely get buffed somewhere else to compensate for it.
I saw they did buff links dash attack and made it faster with less endlag and made nair frame 5. The dash attack buff might fix his poor out of dash options which is one of his biggest flaws.

Suggestions for when you reach some more of the characters down the line:

-Cloud: Why the hell is his movement so fast without full charge on Limit Break? His mobility should be reduced greatly so that it's about average (except for walk, which is already pretty average), and then after fully charging Limit Break, he gets the mobility that he has now in the base game. Also, Limit Charge Side-B is disgusting. A hyper fast move that is reliable and even stronger than plenty of slower moves? Ew. Maybe increase the end lag by quite a bit so that there's an actual commitment, and make it kill about, 25% later?
-Also, are you buffing the Miis? If so, are you going off their 1111 movesets or nah?

Top Bottom