• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sm4sh Rage Calc: An application that calculates the equivalent knock back percent from 'rage'.

DuckDuckPony

Smash Rookie
NNID
DuckDuckPony
Hi all! I started this project about a week ago and finally have something to share with the community. After putting a lot of work into recording specific percentages for certain kill confirms on each character, I realized none of it accounted for rage (cause training mode), which would eventually cause some of the confirms not to connect. Rather than spending hours trying to simulate rage in vs. mode and record those results, I decided to create this program, which calculates what percent it's like hitting an opponent at with a certain move due to rage. Ex. I hit Mario with Pac-Man's f-air when he has 130% and I have 110% (about 2/3 of max rage). The knock back he experiences is the same as if I hit him at 147% when I have no rage.

Here's a link to the github release page, with downloads for a Mac .app, or Windows .exe, or Python source if you're into that: https://github.com/duckduckpony/Sm4shRageCalc/releases

While this utility is super niche in its functionality, it's been helpful for me for finding out when I can start going for those certain combos or kill confirms that normally only works at higher percents. For example, Pac-Man's f-air to key kill confirm starts being a true combo on Mario at 135%. However, if I hit him at 120% when I have 110%, it's essentially the same thing, meaning I can get the kill confirm earlier. This has helped me clutch some games out, when trying to rack up that extra 15% for the kill confirm might have gotten me killed.

All move data can be found on http://kuroganehammer.com/smash4, which is what you'll need to enter for a specific move for the calculator to work.

Let me know if you guys run into any problems or bugs and I'll update the apps as well as I can. Besides potential bug fixes, the only features I can think to add are a menu/library of characters and their moves that would automatically enter in that specific move data for you, instead of having to look it up and type it in.

Ps. I know kuroganehammer has a similar calculator on their site, with many more variables, but it didn't give me a specific percent from their calculations. It only told me the extra knock back from rage, which is cool, but not quite as practical as what I was looking for.

Top Bottom