• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sm4sh Hell/Banland Solution.

Bob

Banned via Warnings
I am currently in The Isolation Server, also known as "Sm4sh Hell", and "Banland" amongst other things, however, during my time in solitary contemplation, I conceived of a way to possibly eradicate this problem from existence;

The Statistics
There are currently in excess of 252,000 Members here (with the maximum views on this subforum being 272,000+ due to guests and possible re-clicks). While this number is seemingly invalidated by the fact that not all of these people will be online or active simultaneously, a decent amount (about 14,000+) are active almost every day.
For future references, we will call the 14,000(+/-) frequent users, and the remaining 238,000(+/-) occasional/infrequent users.

Member Count: 252,000+
Frequent Users: 14,000+
Infrequent Users: 238,000+

The Estimates
Assuming all 14,000 frequent users won't be present at this particular thread simultaneously, we will play it safe and estimate that about 4,000 people will eventually see this thread.

The Solution
I ask that each individual who clicks this call Nintendo and voice your complaints about the issue. This alone will not do much with only 4,000 people, so, upon finishing your call, ask 2+ friends to also call them, and ask their friends to ask their friends (etc.).

Assuming each individual does this (factoring a minimum of 2 friends), this number would multiply from 4,000 to 16,000 in simply 2 instances as described above. In already doing this twice, we can surpass the estimated daily user count by a value of 2,000. Continue to repeat this process, and eventually the numbers will multiply to beyond 100,000 (the typical point where companies take notice). When calling them, [ tell them that you[1] ] have been placed in a ban server where the rooms are typically empty with the exception of the same 2-4 players, and complain about the laziness of the report system (ie: x amount of reports in y days = ban), and ask them to remove this feature from the game. They will give you a generic answer about informing their higher-ups. Make sure to tell them to ask for it's removal. Collectively, we will call the The Ban Server. It doesn't matter what country or region you live in, or if you actively play the game, all that matters is that you have a Wii U with a NNID (in case Nintendo asks you for it).

[1] If you do not own a Nintendo Wii U Console/NNID, or are not banned, replace the part in brackets with a statement that there have been reports of people being put in this server and that it happened to your friend while you two were playing, and if they ask you for their NNID, tell them that you don't remember it, then proceed with the formula (ban requirements, request for removal, etc.).

This is an individual decision with a huge collective benefit. The ban system is broken, and a ban server is unnecessary. Toleration isn't the only answer; Removal is also an option.

In order that this behavior be discouraged, and that Super Smash Bros. For Wii U and 3DS be freed of needless bans and policies, join us in our attack against the system's Ban Server and help us finally put to an end this unjust and unnecessary problem.

pollo20x6

Smash Journeyman
Dude, it's been more than a year.
They're not going to fix it.

I don't even see anything wrong with reporting anymore. As someone who has been banned 7 times now, if Nintendo is going to have a silly reporting system that can be easily abused, why wouldn't someone take advantage of it?

No one's going to call and this isn't going to get fixed.
Ive seen this post so many times.

Bob

Banned via Warnings
Dude, it's been more than a year.
They're not going to fix it.

I don't even see anything wrong with reporting anymore. As someone who has been banned 7 times now, if Nintendo is going to have a silly reporting system that can be easily abused, why wouldn't someone take advantage of it?

No one's going to call and this isn't going to get fixed.
Ive seen this post so many times.
Never this post, though. It's better to try and fail than never try at all.

The problem with most people is that they are mostly selfish and apathetic, with the few things they do care about never channeling enough of it to be converted into action.

They are like chess pieces falling into play. A perfect alignment with the stages of grieving.

People do as they choose, and through their silence, quarrels end. How pitiful.

This problem has been solved for me, but I truly feel bad for others who may be dealing with it. Rather than holding concealed resentment, convert those feeling into action, otherwise, what use are your emotions?

pollo20x6

Smash Journeyman
Never this post, though. It's better to try and fail than never try at all.

The problem with most people is that they are mostly selfish and apathetic, with the few things they do care about never channeling enough of it to be converted into action.

They are like chess pieces falling into play. A perfect alignment with the stages of grieving.

People do as they choose, and through their silence, quarrels end. How pitiful.

This problem has been solved for me, but I truly feel bad for others who may be dealing with it. Rather than holding concealed resentment, convert those feeling into action, otherwise, what use are your emotions?
Ok

KirbCider

Smash Ace
They aren't going to fix the report system for the current game.

They're already done with it and moved on; however, they may end up adjusting it for the next Smash game when, and if we ever get a next one. So while it could still be beneficial to voice your concerns due to that possibility don't expect them to fix it for the current game. It's a very lousy system that's incredibly abusable, that I can agree with, but I don't think we'll get a fix for this one.

Top Bottom