• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Slow loading on SD Card?

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
Let me explain. I use an 8gb SD HC card with codes such as File patch (The newest Brawlex one), ASL, and Stage expansion code for my own modded brawl. They all work fine, but it's just the time it takes is a tiny issue of mine that has grown with each iteration playing the game. When I load a stage, or snap a pic, I wait about 30 seconds for it to show up. This is probably not normal.

First, I thought it was one of the codes, then I saw Brawl- and P:M. They both use some or all of these codes, and the stage loading works fine. So, I ask you all; has anyone else encountered this issue? Maybe it's my SD card... but then again, the SD card that I have Brawl- and P:M on, respectively, are both on SDHC cards. Hmm...

Last edited:

redxslash

Smash Cadet
It's best to use a 2gb or less sd card when running project m. Has faster loading times and such. It could be all the codes you threw in as well, but I know that project m is not really meant to run on sdhc, it usually runs on 2gb or less sd cards. You can still incorporate the latest file patch, asl, and stage expansion on a 2gb sd card as well.

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
I guess that's true, because I transferred my files onto a lower 4gb SD card, and it loads fine now. However, 1P mode stages crash the game. And I believe it has to do with the ASL code. All multiplayer stages work, but stages like Target test, and the "Heal" stage don't boot up, and crash.

The weird thing is, if I pull out the SD card right before it boots, it will load and everything will be good, even if I then put it back in! It's like the initial boot up of the stage causes it to crash.

Top Bottom