• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Slip bomb momentum

Alotoaxolotls

Smash Cadet
NNID
alotoaxiolotls
3DS FC
3969-4797-0441
Hello, just your friendly neighborhood lurker here. I've been using samus as a secondary for a while now and am particularly fond of the bomb drop. I love the fact that it almost doubles your aerial movement speed, but recently I've began to use the slip bomb, and so far it seems terrible. Not only does it not allow you to become more slippery in your vulnerable state, but seems cut movement speed in half and completely destroy any previous momentum. Whenever I use the slip-bomb, I barely have enough time to get far enough away from the blast to actually benefit. I do not understand the hype surrounding this move, is there something about it that I don't understand? Am I using the move wrong?

GdspdUblkprzdnt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GdspdUblkprzdnt
Hello, just your friendly neighborhood lurker here. I've been using samus as a secondary for a while now and am particularly fond of the bomb drop. I love the fact that it almost doubles your aerial movement speed, but recently I've began to use the slip bomb, and so far it seems terrible. Not only does it not allow you to become more slippery in your vulnerable state, but seems cut movement speed in half and completely destroy any previous momentum. Whenever I use the slip-bomb, I barely have enough time to get far enough away from the blast to actually benefit. I do not understand the hype surrounding this move, is there something about it that I don't understand? Am I using the move wrong?
Haven't messed around with customs yet since I'm still working on my fundamentals and my understanding of my character before going off and exploring that realm but from what I've seen/heard what you see is what you get. Mobility gets cut for a bomb that's a kill setup like a banana is for Diddy. I don't think you're missing anything. It's hard to use but a good read with it can potentially lead to a kill. I think it also has pseudo-spike properties when used on airborne opponents.

Top Bottom