• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sliding Techs with Jabs

sjb.dario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
greatdario
Many of your probably know most of these tricks, but I'll post about these techs just so that the newer people can catch on.

As many of you know, jabbing is an essential part of Palutena's gameplay. However, just running up to your opponent and jabbing can quickly lose its edge in the heat of battle. However, you can still jab effectively if you diversify your jabbing game with different techs. Here are the techs that you can use:

1. Perfect Pivot Jab
Perfect pivoting is not the easiest tech to use effectively, especially in the heat of battle. However, this tech will allow you to quickly space yourself backwards and land a jab. It becomes even better if you implement it with an extended dash dance/foxtrot. This segment of the video will give you a visual example of a foxtrot->perfect pivot.

You can technically perfect pivot, turn around, and jab to jab behind you. I personally do not recommend doing this, since Palutena's perfect pivot is relatively slow. Turning around will only leave you more in the open.

2. Run Turnaround Cancel (U-Turn Tech)
This one is relatively easy to use, and it can be very useful while fighting in neutral. You can use this tech to run away from your opponent and bait your opponent to chase you. When your opponent starts to chase you, you can turn around and jab to catch your opponent off guard. You can even do this when your opponent is not chasing you. The more you practice this, the more you'll know when to use this tech.

3. Sliding Pivot
If Run Turnaround Cancel is to the ground, then Sliding Pivot is to the air. For those of you who don't know what this tech is, this video does a good job explaining what it is:

Obviously, when you begin to slide back, you can grab, tilt attack, and of course jab. Another interesting thing about this tech is that you can back full hop onto a platform in Battlefield and slide across the platform. You can even n-air or b-air at the beginning frames of the full hop so that your aerials can autocancel when you land on the platform.

These are all the techs I know you can implement with jabs. If I forgot any other techs, please feel free to comment about it. I'll add them onto this post.

Top Bottom