• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sliding Off Edge While Eruption Edge Guarding

• Thread starter Deleted member 269706
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 269706

Hey there, got back into Ike recently and I've been playing him a lot after the latest patch came out. Now I remember when he was still my number one most used character, one of my favorite Edge Guarding techniques was to run up to the ledge charge up Eruption and watch the enemy fly away. Classic Ike edge guards. Seems like after this latest patch, I've been having a real problem of running up to the ledge, charging up Eruption, but I end up sliding right off and going down to my death due to the enormous cool down on that move. I mean, this never happened to me on the 3DS or Wii U in previous patches, but now I've managed to eliminate myself through this happening more times than I'm proud of. Has anyone else been having this issue recently, or is it just me being rusty?

Arrei

Smash Lord
I used to do that a few times before the patch. I don't think anything changed with it. If any change at all happened it should have been made more difficult to do that, because the patch adjusted several moves to make it harder or impossible to slide off with them.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Nope, still works fine for me. I think only very few specials allow you to slide off the edge anymore.

D

Deleted member 269706

Very strange that this only becomes a problem now...guess I'm just rusty from playing so much Falcon/Rosalina. Appreciate the replies.

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
Hm, I didn´t even knew that could happen lol

Top Bottom