• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sliding down smash with Squirtle?

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
1. Run in one direction. In this example, we will use left. RUN LEFT.
2. Turn around. In other words, shellshift. If you've been following these instructions carefully, you should be facing RIGHT (I know, these instructions are confusing so far, but please, keep reading)
3. C-stick DOWN and LEFT. Hold Z if you wish to charge your smash. I'm almost positive you don't just hold DOWN. This is because I couldn't do it at all while just holding DOWN, yet I can do it consistently with DOWN and BACK.
4. Watch as your Squirtle slides across the stage :)

I don't know if this known at all, but I was playing around with Squirtle in training mode today and I found this little gem :3 I gave the PT forums a quick search and couldn't find anything on it, but if this has been posted already, please link me.

P.S. Although I have no way to record anything, I will show you what it looks like over WiFi if you want. My friend code is 0817-3462-3306

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
interesting, i hadn't heard about this. O: must practice. dsmash has better range so perhaps it's a better edgeguard

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
It is a Dash Pivot Cancel. Found by Samurai Panda. Any character can do this.... it is just extreme in squirtle's case as he can slide very far. You can also do this with the Foward Smash... not very useful a lot of the times... but very funny to see

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
I'm wondering if I didn't make myself clear in my original post. I'm also wondering if I just don't know how to search forums for a topic that already explains this :x

As far as I was aware, everyone knew you could shellshift a down smash, but it just didn't go as far as a shellshifted up or forward smash. I was just posting this because it goes just as far as your other smashes (as in, 1/2 to 2/3 of FD) and is easy to do consistently.

Also, if this still is old news, could someone please just link me to a topic that explains this? I honestly haven't seen it mentioned anywhere :s

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
Wow.... i didnt know about this, i thought it was just possible with the usmash, this maybe quite interesting, and help squirtles Dsmash for not being so understimated

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
how do you perform a fsmash with this? just jump cancel to c stick forward/smash a?

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
Just shellshift and then C-stick in the opposite way you are going. You have to hold down Z as well to charge it, because Squirtle's fsmash stops his momentum. Fsmashing in the opposite way you are going isn't very useful though :x

Afaik you can't do a fsmash in the same direction you are going. I really hope someone figures out how to do it though, because I've done it randomly a couple times.

PltnmNgl

Smash Journeyman
This thread was unecessary, but I will try to add something to it...

Besides getting SAF's, what's the point of holding the dsmash when I can usmash and possibly dodge an attack?

Bahamut27

Smash Apprentice
This thread was unecessary, but I will try to add something to it...

Besides getting SAF's, what's the point of holding the dsmash when I can usmash and possibly dodge an attack?
direction of knoback...!!! when enemuy are close to edge and low % i prefer use dsmash.. for that reason this informetion has wonderful for me.

Si escribo mal, es porque no hablo ingles.... Aprendan español es mas divertido jaajjaa:chuckle:

Top Bottom