• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Slate Declares the Wii Online"A Smashing Failure"

FerretStyle

Smash Apprentice
Ugh you misunderstand. I am not saying that the wii necessarily MUST be as strong as the PS3 and 360 in order to prevent lag. if you read my post and actually passed English 10100 you would understand that.
I am saying that if the wii were more powerful it would make incidences of game breaking lag less noticable and would possibly decrease the occurance of gamebreaking lag.
What was misunderstood? If you're saying there is a miniscule chance that improved hardware could reduce online lag you're still dead wrong.

If the hardware had anything to do with the lag it would be consistent. It isn't. In fact, get a good connection with a friend who lives no more than a couple states away and you'll have consistently flawless games. It's either people's connections or their servers just aren't up to the task, but nothing to do with the console hardware.

FuLLBLeeD

Smash Journeyman
I would very much like to see if anyone actually takes my suggestions and solves their lag problems with it. *points at everyone else at SmashBoards fervently for a few seconds* Your mission is to learn what the **** port forwarding is and accomplish it! There's a thread explaining how! Quest for it, dammit! And minimalize your **** bandwidth usage!
Console online modes suck compared to PC, but if Xbox Live can have lagless Gaylo 3 games, theres no reason Nintendo can't pull off a 1v1 without lag.

People shouldn't have to port forward to compensate for a ****ty online service.

PhillipthaGoober

Smash Journeyman
I am very disappointed with brawl's online play. No voice chat. No rankings. Laggy. Friend codes are annoying. It sucks.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Completely misses the point on why there is very little communication between players over the WiFi connection.

Imo, it's fine. It does it's job.
I agree with this.

And at the person who said "You can only play with people in your state" Uh.... I live in the south... Ive played with people in Michigan. Thanks.

FuLLBLeeD

Smash Journeyman
I agree with this.

And at the person who said "You can only play with people in your state" Uh.... I live in the south... Ive played with people in Michigan. Thanks.
:urg:

He doesn't mean that YOU CAN'T LITERALLY play people in other states, its quite obvious you can. What he is saying is that the lag is so bad when playing someone cross country that your better off playing someone in your own state.

Read people.

Zek

Smash Ace
It's not fair to blame Brawl's lag issues on Nintendo's service. The reality is that it's because of the kind of game Brawl is. They had to design the netcode so that every signal is received by everyone before the game proceeds, so it doesn't get desynched or mess up attacks. In most online games the players are always seeing a slightly different version of what's happening and it's not a big deal, but in Brawl that would be game-breaking. The input delay is the game waiting to confirm the result of your action before it shows you performing it.

That said, it's definitely not unplayable, you just need a really ideal connection. I've heard using the LAN adapter instead of wireless helps as well.

Top Bottom