• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Slam Dunk

Lyric

Smash Rookie
Flame choke is one of my favorite tools to use especially in the air because you can get up attack quicker (or so it seems). But, my absolute favorite thing to do is flame choke of the stage to slam dunk your opponent. So my question is, what happens if I do this when both my opponent and I have 1 stock? I haven't been able to do this yet, and I'm a little scared to because I'm not sure who would die first.

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
From what I know, it's loss for Ganon (if the character is small) or sudden death for everything else ot at least experienced...

cosmonaut

Smash Rookie
I've done it against a fox before when I've had two stocks, and my opponent had one. I lost one of my stocks before I won. Hope that helps!

Forlorn Penguin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ForlornPenguin
I'm pretty sure that Ganondorf gets the win. As far as I've heard, Ganon's victim is KOd about a nanosecond before Ganon is. I've never ended a match like this myself though, so I have no firsthand experience to go by.

Also, the technique is a sacrificial KO that is specifically referred to as a "Ganoncide" (Ganondorf suicide).

Lyric

Smash Rookie
So does anyone think this is a viable tactic? I mainly use this for fun, but I can land it almost 100% now. It really freaks out my friends and it's a good finisher if you have an extra stock. So questions above aside, what do you think of the dunk?

DarkMagicX2

The Worst Ganondorf Ever
NNID
DarkMagicX2
3DS FC
5386-7375-0560
I've done it a couple times. Ganon always gets ko'd before his opponent, resulting in a loss.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Sometimes its controller port priority sometimes its the size of the opponent. In most cases though the TO sets up a rule for Ganoncides, Kirbycide, and Dedede Blowjobs to where the person who initiated the move wins.

Mithost

Smash Ace
Locked in a safe floating in the Atlantic Ocean.
Protip: If you do an aerial slam dunk in a certain area before the ledge, you will land on the edge of the stage but your opponent will fall. This is a great gimping tool. It's not a guaranteed stock on really good vertical recoveries but it's really good against Bowser, DK, Link/Toon Link, and other characters with horizontal recoveries.

In most cases though, the TO will give you the match if you Ganonside. I suggest asking beforehand to see what your options are.

Lyric

Smash Rookie
Alright thanks. I've realized now that it's not very practical tool, but more of a scare/shock. And if its all up to the opinion of the TO, then it's not worth the hassle.

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure Brawl rules give the kill to whoever initiated the move (this also applies to swallocide).

shwickid222

Smash Journeyman
The flame choke is great, sure... but its cooldown time along with most of ganons attacks need to be decreased. His attacks (that really matter) leave him so wide open that its disgusting at times. His attacks need more armor. Its so easy to be hit out of the choke. Any smash attack will send you packin. Heres my list of attacks that need armor.

1. Warlock kick
2. Flame choke
3. Possibly his up b.

Remember, ganon is supposed to be the prince of darkness of nintendo. Y not give him that feel of play?

Tuvillo

Smash Apprentice
Must you troll so?

Anyway, Flame Choke to both player's deaths is really good to keep in your pocket until you need it- Like the opponent's trying to edgeguard you offstage and you don't have faith you can take the lead normally. The video Leelue posted is a good example of a Donkey Kong player doing the same thing.

Fortress

Smash Master
Ganonciding for the rest of the game the instant you're a stock ahead could be a swift and hilarious way to take the cake. My roommate has done that to me before. Absolutely hilarious stuff.

Top Bottom