• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SKYPAL-house

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
Look at on seattlesmash.com

Its in federal way. And yeah, I really hope there is a decent turnout. I'll be a little pissed if I drive out there and there are less than 10 people competing. Guess we have to hope for random n00bs who live in the area to show.

BTW - the address is 2016 S 320th St

Johann

Smash Cadet
hmm, i wonder if my friend will give me a ride over there. O well, lets hope fo the best! i might not be able to make it to the lynwood tourney, and this would get me some needed practice. Sorry if im a bit rusty!

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i guess i'd best make my money match list for saturday...

edit: whoops wrong thread... i guess it still kinda fits though, o wellz.

foxroar

Smash Cadet
Hay guys whats up with Oregon and it being against the law to pump your own gas lawl. Dave got pulled over for speeding on the way back LOL. Thanks Sas for buying pizza for us that first night and helping pay for gas, you rock!!!11!11! and i love your signature rofl. you guys are all to cool and good up there i just wish i wasn't so tired the whole time >.< i stayed up the night before and was supposed to sleep in the car which didnt happen.... :cry: Blair and silent wolf's foxes are too godly.... Sas's and balefires peaches are too awesome too, peaches back air is a killer, i love how sas goes off teh edge to edgegaurd, like way the hell out and always makes it back somehow... tori's falco reminds me of the vids i've seen of bombsoldier. Gimpy's bowsa is on crack, that forward down tilt is a killer, i love how you money match all those clueless people :laugh:

i kinda left my wallet there.... it's probably in one of teh chairs or in Blair's car hope it turns up, or i am pretty fooked :dizzy: i might come to the OC just so i can see you guys again and watch you own

oh and i wish i could have seen yagi's luigi, i've heard good things from fro, your marth looked awesome too, you were owning when i left and you looked like you were 1/4 asleep lol

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Thanks for coming up Foxroar, you got some skills with C.Falcon on the fast fallers and your doc killed me and silent below 50% in teams like every time xD. Even though he currently isn't your main, I feared your falcon more than your doc. Thanks for comin up and I hope blair or chris finds your wallet. Frotaz I don't think I ever fought you 1 v 1 but you did very well with ganon in teams, hope to see you guys @ MLG, Silent and I are coming down for it.

HeroSublime

Smash Ace
Yeah it was good playing you at the GameClucks tourney, your Falcon just pwns so hard and you Doc is great too.

foxroar

Smash Cadet
zomg yay!!! you think you could mail it to me?? message me on AIM- foxrawr and i'll give you my address, lol tori i think i caped you and silent every single life that match lolololol!!l1ol!

yeah, after a couple bairs of course to get us to where we had to up-b. I hate doc. you should have been falcon.

foxroar

Smash Cadet
lol yeah its like impossible for the space animals to get back with fire fox if you cut off there angle with cape, falcon probably would have gotten slaughtered by a team of space animals, between shine and dair. Doc is nearly impossible to edge guard unless you do something tricky

Zeru

Smash Journeyman
Yeah i know about your doc trickness =). That was a close best of three but doc was too good, I wish u would have used fox / falco like u did with blair.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
foxroar said:
Doc is nearly impossible to edge guard unless you do something tricky
lol?
forget the question mark.

lol.

did i get the chance to play your doc? (that has nothing to do with that edgeguard stuffs i'm just curious) did i play you at all?

foxroar

Smash Cadet
you never played my doc gimpy i think i only played against you once with my falcon and you were bowser and i dont know why i tried the space animals against blair like the whole time in singles i felt like i was watching myself play and !$@# up - lack of sleep lol it sucks not having a main but they are all so fun i can't choose!!11!

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
o ya your cf was good, i remember, that was a close match, but it was just a single friendly so o wellz.

skypal next week here or at josh's?

Sastopher

Smash Journeyman
Wow, last weekend was amazing. We had a ton of people. Mad props to Cali for showing up. You were phenominal. Dave continues to be one of the most amazing, top tier people I've ever met, and seeing Frotaz brought tears to my eyes. I'd missed you guys ;). California Jeff, we didn't really talk too much, but we had some good games, and it's great to play talent outside our own state. Thanks for giving up your car, and I really hope we get to meet again sometime. You were cool beans, and have good taste in driving companions.

To everyone else: where the hell did you all come from? Henry reported some 30+ before going to bed, and I think more showed up later. Where was everyone when we started having local tournaments years ago? Hopefully we can start up some sort of regular trend.

Still, as fun as last weekend was, it is not going to be a weekly thing. It's too hard on us who actually live here, and all the smash gets in the way of fun like card games and spoons and mario party. The local smash community is apparently too large for us to support on our own. Don't fret, we'll try to have these things once a month, and maybe throw an actual tournament in sometime. But for now, only immediate skypal and those I've spoken specifically to should show up uninvited. Please ask personally if you're not sure or think you're on the "skypal cusp" (e.g., those who have been going to Josh's weekly the last few months). Sorry to be a richard about this, but last weekend was about 3x bigger than we'd like it to be on average. I really hope one or two other people start having monthly get-togethers, to share the effort. Then it won't be an issue and things should be easier for everyone.

Josh and Sheena just had Lily, and I know they're about to move into a new place too, so I doubt they're eager to continue having people over either. To those of you who are finding yourselves without something to do this weekend, yet again, talk to me personally. To the rest of you, we'll see you soon!

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i'll see if i can be one of those "once a month" peoples.

i was wondering where all of those apparently good random washington guys came from myself.

WEIRDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

makes sense you cant have em every time, its all good.

BladeWise

Smash Lord
o rly?
*contacts Sas on Aim*
*gets no response*
*assumes he is invited because he's so awesome*

do you guys still use my broken/god-tier name in "oh ****" even when i'm not there?

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Mad props to Sas for Cali support, and for calling me amazing.

I learned two things: one is how much I've really missed having constant competition. My game was okay, but I totally lacked precision the whole time.

The second is to never leave Seattle. Besides one mishap which might embarrass someone else so I won't mention it specifically I got a speeding ticket for going 10 over the speed limit. I thought there was some kind of rule about that, but apparently not. And besides not being allowed to pump your own gas, I guess you don't even have to sign traffic tickets. The cop didn't even ask.

Mario Party, Wario Ware, and Mario Tennis are all top-tier, but I missed out on spoons and card game action? No fair! Looks like I'm going to have to make it up there again sometime...

...and maybe practice my giant melee skills before I do.

Oh yeah, thanks to everyone. You know who you are, so take as much thanks as you want. Just be sure to leave some for everyone else.

henryci

Smash Apprentice
BladeWise said:
o rly?
*contacts Sas on Aim*
*gets no response*
*assumes he is invited because he's so awesome*

do you guys still use my broken/god-tier name in "oh ****" even when i'm not there?
The name Teddy is banned from Oh **** right now. I've been going w/ variations on the theme, like "not-quite Teddy" and "Freddie"

-- Henry

Sastopher

Smash Journeyman
Scamp said:
Mad props to Sas for Cali support, and for calling me amazing.

I learned two things: one is how much I've really missed having constant competition. My game was okay, but I totally lacked precision the whole time.

The second is to never leave Seattle. Besides one mishap which might embarrass someone else so I won't mention it specifically I got a speeding ticket for going 10 over the speed limit. I thought there was some kind of rule about that, but apparently not. And besides not being allowed to pump your own gas, I guess you don't even have to sign traffic tickets. The cop didn't even ask.

Mario Party, Wario Ware, and Mario Tennis are all top-tier, but I missed out on spoons and card game action? No fair! Looks like I'm going to have to make it up there again sometime...

...and maybe practice my giant melee skills before I do.

Oh yeah, thanks to everyone. You know who you are, so take as much thanks as you want. Just be sure to leave some for everyone else.
Wow! You got a ticket for 10 over? Where, in Oregon? That's too powerful...

Watch out, Oregon tickets are top tier. Jon and Jeremy got one and got screwed. WA tickets don't effect you anywhere else but WA, afaict.

Sastopher

Smash Journeyman
FYI no one will be home until 8 tomorrow. Those of you who are coming over--I assume you all know who you are by now--please try to time your appearance after that. Blair is on vacation in Hawaii and I'll be at work until 10.

Also, renaming the thread to official skypal house thread.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Lord Sastopher, Socal is coming soon. Please PM me your address and cell info, or anyone else's that you feel we need to have with us.

Love Aussie.

Housewarming gift - anything your house is missing?

Zeru

Smash Journeyman
When is SoCal going to be playing on those days, like in the evening or just all day everyday?

Sastopher

Smash Journeyman
Open invitation smashfest/tournament June 30th.

Friday, June 30 we're hosting an open invitation smashfest! This is the same weekend the Cali roadtrip will be in town. I expect there to be more people there than before, plus with 8ish-some people coming from Cali and in the increased draw of playing even MORE OOSers. Please bring cubes/TV's. There WILL be a demand for them. We will be supplying 4 TV's (one sucks) and 2 cubes, and I'd like to see 2 more TV's and enough cubes for all the TV's. If properly set up/situated, we might even host a real tournament. Imagine that, a locally hosted WA tournament!

Please bring your own controller, and make sure you mark everything you bring! Buy a sharpie, or use a knife and engrave the plastic or something. This includes controllers, GCNs, and memory cards(!). It's not that we don't enjoy gaining controllers at every smash event, but we'd rather people don't try to "make due" by grabbing any old controller when they leave. Some people are particular about their controllers, and trading their new one for a crappy one isn't the biggest idea of fun.

Also, to ensure that we have continued tournaments, please do us a few favors:

• Please throw away your own trash. It's not cool finding Arby's burgers a week later in the guest room. Pop needs to be not consumed, or fully consumed then discarded. Half-full pop cans are a liability.
  • Be careful of the wood floor. Shoes off at the door, and be careful of moving around chairs. Seatings should be over a rug at all times. Please no sandpaper on the floor too. If you see some, please pick it up.
  • Park intelligently. Use space across the street if necessary, along NE 3rd. You should avoid parking on our street if possible; it's legality is in question right now. If you park in our driveway, expect to be parked in, and be sure to park in order to maximize space.
  • If you break it, LET US KNOW! Don't try to hide it, as it only makes it more irritating. If you clog the toilet, let us know. If you spill something, let us know. Just say that you noticed it, or "someone" did it. I don't care about blame, I just want to fix these things before they become bigger problems.
Edit: if we have a tournament, it will be $5.00. I'm currently discussing other rules with core skypallians. Also note there might be limited sleeping space. In a climactic clash of chance and irony, Henry has several friends in town the same weekend, a trip planned long in advance. Blair is out of town, so his friends will be using that room. That leaves the guest room, the living room, and maybe my room for smashers. 8 Californians have first dibs.

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
Hahaha, yes Sas, not only should you ask them to come NEXT weekend, but you should demand that they give you money for housing them.

Ignore MY random complaints, afterall, the world DOES revolve around me :-D

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
SoCal is going to be having TANG on Friday, so I'm fairly certained they wont be down for more competetive smash the same night, and Caotic seemed to want this to be more of a friendlies thing when we talked about the road trip in Anaheim, so maybe not do the whole tourney thing this week?

Johann

Smash Cadet
i dont care about a smashfest, i just wanna play! We should play more Mario/Falco matches tori, they should be fun! :)

edit: i meant i dont care about a tournament >.>, i definitley want a smashfest :chuckle:

Sastopher

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Nate, I totally missed that when reading the itenerary. So tournament is unlikely, and the Californians won't be there until late-late.

This is sort of sad since Blair is out of town, and I work Saturday/Sunday.

Who's going to TANG? I assume Nate and...?

Top Bottom