• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SKYPAL 2.1 SSBB Sun, Mar. 2nd

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
since Brdy said he might be coming, I'll try to come as well.

brdy_

Smash Lord
I really doubt I'll go, actually, since I'm gonna go to The Jiggs the weekend after and have to get work off for that >_<

D

Deleted member

If I go chances are that I'll be playing Ike...Ness was my main but I haven't adjusted to the Classic controller and his PK Thunder so I don't want any self destructs because of that or failed recoveries.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Lucas is horrible. Nobody just understands how to play Ness, Lucas is a pick up and play character.

And wtf, nobody else in WA plays Ness. It's not possible!

D

Deleted member

And wtf, nobody else in WA plays Ness. It's not possible!
I'm in WA and I play Ness...but I just moved up here from Southern California not long ago and I'm moving back down there again in six months or so. :laugh:

From when I first played Ness in Brawl I thought he was great...not sure why everyone finds Lucas so superior but I personally didn't enjoy his play style.

D

Deleted member

Oh. ****....so tragic....

Edit: Oh, yeah, I played you at GC. Now I remember. Good stuff. But, again, tragic.
Um...if you mean GameClucks...I've never been there before. :)

I do plan on going to this and future GameClucks Brawl events though probably (until I leave). I'm not a Melee player...I stuck with 64, but I love Brawl.

Kamaji

Smash Ace
Lucas is really better than ness in brawl... I cant see how (in any aspect) ness could be better.

Also, if no one from ewa has said (I'm too lazy to look), we will be bringing a carfull containing myself (KAMA), Patrick (TUNA), Adam (iCraq), Ash (ASH), and Brianna (BRI). I think we can bring 1 or 2 brawl setups if you have a tv/space for them. At our tourney last weekend, we had 5 brawl setups total.

We will be leaving spokane on sunday morning and will arrive there sometime between noon and 2. Will sastofer or someone PM me their phone number in case we get lost or something? Thanks! I cant wait to see what you guys have been up to!

Edit: Who do you guys main? POST SOME VIDEOS!

This is EWA's rule setup for tourneys now. We took a couple hours the other day discussing it and I think we finally all came to agreement on this: (I'm not saying you guys have to use this, but it sounded good to us)

Singles:
Allowed stages:

Neutral Stages:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi Island
Smash Ville
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium (Melee)

Counter picks for singles:
Delfino Plaza
Great Sea
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Battleship Halberd
Port Town
Castle Siege
Rainbow Ride
Brinstar
Green Greens
Pictochat

Doubles:

Neutral Stages:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi Island
Smash Ville
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium (Melee)

Counter Stages for teams:
Delfino Plaza
Great Sea
Frigate Orpheon
Yoshi's Island
Battleship Halberd
Port Town
Castle Siege
Rainbow Ride
Brinstar
Green Greens
Jungle Japes
Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
Shadow Moses Island
Pictochat

1. No stall tactics, excessive stalling may result in a judge disqualifying you.
2. No distracting the other player.
3. BYOC (bring your own controller)
4. 3 stock
5. 7 minute time limit

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
wow pokemon stadium (melee) is not a neutral, it is a horrendous stage now and should be counterpick at best
stupid windmill garbage.

artifice

Smash Ace
Im tired of hearing the windmill argument. such a small part of the stage, that dosn't break the game, and is only there sometimes, annoying AT BEST.

Castle Siege = walk offs! (temperary tho) thats the only one i couldnt rely get banned that i wanted banned. chain throws + walk offs = gg... too many marths going around that love that map -.-

but that is a good list besides that.

Kamaji

Smash Ace
we allowed castle siege because the walk-off is just temporary, and the walk-offs arent a big prob if they're temproary on such a large stage.

happy almost-birthday jem!

artifice

Smash Ace
marths tipper in melee inst really a big deal. its only temporarily in the game cause it only happens a couple times in a long match.

cant..think...of a beter example... need sleep... will...argue...later....

T0MMY

Smash Master
I agree with Gimpy--The reason why there are bans is because everyone wants a good, clean match. Pokemon Stadium should be counterpick at best, temporary walls, fall-throughs, and windmill gayness makes for a poor tournament neutral.
And, walk-offs are walk-offs--Dedede can theoretically chain down throws together three stock in a row even if the walk-offs are temporary.
Additionally, I don't understand the reasoning for Jungle Japes being a counterpick in teams but not singles, there's more choas going on with more people on the stage, if anything it should be counterpick for singles only. And why is Yoshi's Island a counterpick on doubles instead of a neutral?

Also, a suggestion for the time, drop it by a minute to 6 minute stock matches. No reason the match should go on much longer than 4 minutes, anything over 6 minutes and you've probably got stalling going on (especially if Aftermath is playing). If you want the tournament to go smoothly with a scant number of setups, stress time management.

I don't know why I'm posting so much when I'm not even sure if I can make it to this now :^(

Kamaji

Smash Ace
you guys are probably right... Castle siege and jungle japes should probably be banned (I think we might have decided on japes for singles only?... idk...) I've just been pushing a wider stage variety because I'll miss those stages when we ban them. but yeah, thoses ones should be banned.

EDIT: So if we bring 2 more setups, will there be tvs for us to hook up to?

Sastopher

Smash Journeyman
TV's are an easy solution. If you come and we have more systems than TV's, we will fix the problem by going out and buying TV's. We need as many systems as people can bring though. I finally got my modded wii back and brawl is not working on it. There are a couple of troubleshooting solutions I am going to try, but there is a chance my setup will not be working in time. So:

If you can bring a setup, PLEASE DO. Don't worry about TV's, if it won't be needed, etc.. If we are going to make this a regular thing, we'll need the TV's anyway, so we'll deal with that problem if it arises. They WILL be needed, so if you have one, bring one.

If someone has the proper triangle screwdriver for opening the wii, please bring it. We've got one ordered but it won't be here until Wednesday. It might suffice for a quick troubleshoot on our wii.

Sastopher

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for everyone coming through for us. We were supposed to have our version working weeks ago, and due to a super slow modder who had some difficulties, we just got it. I pushed him really hard to finish by thursday, and after picking it up, we tested and haven't been able to get the wii to anything that the mod chip should work with. It's a complicated setup though, so it might still actually just be something unrelated to the chip itself. We'll see. That still leaves us with 4 committed setups. We'll make sure we have TV's for all of these on Sunday.

Kamaji

Smash Ace
make sure that you have updated after you modded (It'll give you some japaneese channels on your wii), and that you're not burning the disc on high speed. We found that the discs only work if your burn them on x2

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Yeah, we used cheap single layers. None of them are perfect, there's some stages that just cannot be played on, like Sky Palace and Norfair.
Which mod did you guys use? We're sporting YAOSM over here.

Sastopher

Smash Journeyman
d2ckey. Neither the dvd5 or dvd9 worked. Just get an invalid disk error, prior to loading any part of the game (in the wii menu). Doesn't load the japanese copy either, so the open region support isn't working. Tried dvd5 version with memorex +r on 2.4 and 1x speeds. Want to test some more with verbatim -r, but can't find any.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
d2ckey. Neither the dvd5 or dvd9 worked. Just get an invalid disk error, prior to loading any part of the game (in the wii menu). Doesn't load the japanese copy either, so the open region support isn't working. Tried dvd5 version with memorex +r on 2.4 and 1x speeds. Want to test some more with verbatim -r, but can't find any.
weird. d2ckey is supposed to be the best for smash.
could be a fake. or faulty wiring/soldering.
i wouldn't waste any money on different discs. even the crappy ones should be able to be read.

Help!

Smash Journeyman
For sure 2 friends of mine and I are coming maybe even another one, but i doubt it. tomorrows goign to be sweet though

Kamaji

Smash Ace
I had tons of fun! Thanks for hosting the tourney, I hope you guys have another one soon.

PS- Everyone should come down for our brawl tourney on april 19th.

Top Bottom