• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Situational whistle tricks

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
For everyone who doesn't know this, you can change direction midair by using the whistle. I new this, but I never thought about it's uses. It does have a few.

-If you're falling diagonally(facing them) at someone who doesn't have great fair, you can whistle away from them so your back is facing them, and you can now bair them instead of fair. Usefulness you ask? If you didn't already know, bair has a hitbox more beneath it than fair does. It'll be much easier and safer to connect with a bair than a fair. All you had to do was whistle.

-Whistle has momentum when you're changin directions with it. It's very slight, but I proved it through SHing one direction and whistling the other and holding that direction. You get a little boost. You might want to experiment with this. I did.

~Discuss~

Excellence

Smash Champion
I've never placed much into Whistle. It's saved my life a few times with those invincible frames, but I never thought about the uses of changing direction. I'll be sure to be aware of using B-Air a little more, when R.O.B. is chasing me and not expecting it, thanks for the post!

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
For everyone who doesn't know this, you can change direction midair by using the whistle. I new this, but I never thought about it's uses. It does have a few.

-If you're falling diagonally(facing them) at someone who doesn't have great fair, you can whistle away from them so your back is facing them, and you can now bair them instead of fair. Usefulness you ask? If you didn't already know, bair has a hitbox more beneath it than fair does. It'll be much easier and safer to connect with a bair than a fair. All you had to do was whistle.

-Whistle has momentum when you're changin directions with it. It's very slight, but I proved it through SHing one direction and whistling the other and holding that direction. You get a little boost. You might want to experiment with this. I did.

~Discuss~
with the direction change - if you are sitting on a platform and fall straight down and whistle backwards it looks like a waveland from melee - though it is not :D...tripped me out last night when I played pk 1

Olimarman

Smash Ace
Very interesting, thanks for pointing this out. Does bair have more priority than fair or just a different hitbox?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Very interesting, thanks for pointing this out. Does bair have more priority than fair or just a different hitbox?
I think they're the same on priority.

Hopefully this thread is useful to some degree.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
would b-sticking this be more useful than the regular c-smashing? couldnt tell much of a difference between using the c-stick for the whistle and using it the regular way

Top Bottom