• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Situational Shine-Grab Follow Up

LeadRod

Smash Apprentice
NNID
420B-LAZE-IT!!
While practicing the other day I found this reactionary and situational follow up for a nair shine approach that involves shine grab. I found at certain times, at low percent, when I nair'd the knockback from the nair would be great enough to knock the opponent out of range of the shine. If I could react to this fast enough they were still usually close enough to be grabbed if I converted the ariel shine into an ariel shine-grab. After experimenting a bit I found that this usually occurs around 0-20% after a weak nair hit that is spaced so just the very tip of falco's nair hits (both front and back). I suspect that the percent can vary with DI. I was also curious as to whether or not this might be good for if somebody smash DIs the nair but that I'm super not sure about. Anyway, other than it being super situational, I found this to be helpful and I hadnt seen it posted anywhere else so I thought I would share it! :D

Top Bottom