• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Single Player Modes In Project M, are they improved?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Such as:

Classic Mode

Subspace Emissary

All-Stars

Home-Run

Targets

I didn't really see anyone talking about it, but I don't mean actual gameplay differences. I mean in sense does the new physics and people returning to Melee forums improve any of the modes? Are they even playable, because I don't have Project M to find out.

Stunts

Smash Journeyman
To my knowledge, they are working on characters, engine, stages, and possibly items before focusing on singleplayer stuff. Earlier on they were boasting about Subspace:M, but it was essentially Subspace with project M engine. I'm sure they are planning some great single player things in the future. My money's on new modified event matches. Think of the posibilities.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Lol, Subspace: M would be pretty cool if they designed their own stages and stuff. Definitely not waiting with bated breath for it though. PM is a better fighting game than the other smash games almost entirely because the PMBR is concerned with Vs mode play far far more than 1player modes. With the other games (particularly Brawl, with subspace) they clearly spent a great deal of time on 1player, and it probably had a lot of influence on character design.

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
Subspace Emissary freezes in some spots, as does All-Star mode. Also, in Subspace, picking a character that isn't in P:M yet(Yoshi, Kirby, etc.) will make it default to Mario. Classic mode works, but I always get the same fights in the same order. Target Smash works, but can be difficult for some characters since they were built around Brawl's engine. I have not tested Home Run Contest or Multi-Man Smash with P:M.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm still annoyed that because COMs have been given the ATs, they're now much harder and sometimes plain cheap in higher difficulties.

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
I'm still annoyed that because COMs have been given the ATs, they're now much harder and sometimes plain cheap in higher difficulties.

Cheap for yourself maybe. You can kill any combination of 3 lvl bowsers and/or DKs without even pressing a or b. Hell sometimes you don't even have to dash.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Cheap for yourself maybe. You can kill any combination of 3 lvl bowsers and/or DKs without even pressing a or b. Hell sometimes you don't even have to dash.

Of course.
I'm though pointing specifically at Intense. As if these guys haven't been given enough stamina, they now wavedash around the stage. And man, don't just do that a lot...

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I one time had to use a continue on Intense mode in PM.

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
I don't get what the addition of ATs has actually given CPUs as of value. It's not like just randomly wavedashing in place makes them invincible or something. Like, the worst thing they do is powershield a projectile every now and then. Other than that all they do is jab when you try to approach for the most part.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Cruel brawl on 2 player with two Bowser's camping the ledge with ledge get-up attacks + up-b back to the ledge repeatedly is gahlike fun indeed.
Someone should try and beat gallo + me, our record was 36

Top Bottom