• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Singing for Paradise Chorus Kids for Smash

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Chrom was leak in smash 4 he was about to be a character but didn't happen if Chrom could be in smash ultimate so can Chorus Kids it make sense.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
I feel like this actually points towards the validity of the leak as a whole.

View attachment 171874

I find it really hard to imagine that a fake leaker would make the decision to include the conductor let alone four Chorus Kids. It's such a bizarre decision that I really wouldn't expect a fake leaker to make, not even as a "wacky random thing" to fool people with.

If you do any research at all the wikia page for the Chorus Kids clearly shows that there are three chorus kids, not four.

The part in the middle is such a mess there could be a 5th chorus kid there along with the conductor.....it's probably just the conductor but I can't tell.

Whatever way you look at these guys, they're really strange.
EXACTLY. This is exactly the reason why I'M CONVINCED. If you search them on google (and thus you don't know them good), every image shows THREE kids. Not the conductor. When we talked about the Chorus Kids, we talked about THREE KIDS, not THREE KIDS AND A CONDUCTOR. Why would a fake leaker do something like that? I don't think anybody ever thought about that --- except for Sakurai.

(oh and no fake leaker would take the risk and not put Incineroar on it. well it's real people, bye)

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
EXACTLY. This is exactly the reason why I'M CONVINCED. If you search them on google (and thus you don't know them good), every image shows THREE kids. Not the conductor. When we talked about the Chorus Kids, we talked about THREE kids, not FOUR. Why would a fake leaker do something like that? I don't think anybody ever thought about that --- except for Sakurai.

(oh and no fake leaker would take the risk and not put Incineroar on it. well it's real people, bye)
To be honest it's been pointed out that one of the Chorus Kids is probably Ness's yo-yo, and I can see that. There's a bit of green in it.

I still think it's pretty strange to see the Conductor included but I'm not sure if that on it's own is outside the realm of something a fake leaker would do.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
In fairness I can see a reality where a fake leaker would consider the conductor as part of the Rhythm Heaven character. (similar to the shooter with Duck Hunt or the Pikmin with Olimar)

I mean personally I came up with the idea of Marshall teaming up with the Chorus Kids as a character, so I guess I can't really turn around and say it would be impossible for a fake leaker to come up with the idea of the conductor paired with the Chorus Kids.

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
The addition of The Conductor completes the Chorus Kids like how Duck completed Duck Hunt. It’s brilliant. And in the four years that the Chorus Kids have been around the Smash Fandom no one has ever done this in their fan movesets, fan renders, etc.

People who suggest the leak is fake suggest that the faker came up with this brilliant addition to the Chorus Kids that fans couldn’t come up with in 4 years while also nailing a dozen other hard to fake little details along the way.

glovetheglove

Smash Rookie
The addition of The Conductor completes the Chorus Kids like how Duck completed Duck Hunt. It’s brilliant. And in the four years that the Chorus Kids have been around the Smash Fandom no one has ever done this in their fan movesets, fan renders, etc.

People who suggest the leak is fake suggest that the faker came up with this brilliant addition to the Chorus Kids that fans couldn’t come up with in 4 years while also nailing a dozen other hard to fake little details along the way.
The Chorus Kids have been around for 10 years, Rhythm Heaven DS was 2008.

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
I know they existed, but it was Gematsu four years ago that made them a staple in Smash Roster speculation.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I was thinking about it and what if the Chorus Kids aren't the characters here but the Conductor is the playable character? and the Chorus kids are apart of his move set like Olimar and the Pikmin?

chronomantic

Smash Ace
No matter what role the conductor plays I'll main the hell out of the Chorus Kids and revel in their haters tears when I beat them.

noise r us

Smash Rookie
im sure most of you guys have seen this by now but....

the growth psyenergy from golden sun as an unrevealed item just showed up in the new smash footage......

they did it guys :' )

Last edited:

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
If the leak turns out to be true, I love that yet another Nintendo franchise is getting representation in Smash alongside Geno and Mach Rider! Never played any Rhythm Heaven games, but the Chorus Kids look adorable and fun to play as.

xjthegulpin

Smash Apprentice
This is so exciting, no matter what the outcome, fake or real, I’m just glad the Chorus Kids are back in the spotlight again. I think it really started to dawn on us during the Smash Direct that there was NOTHING on Rhythm Heaven at all, and we found that to be very sus considering the amount of attention it got in 4 music, trophy, and enemy-wise.

Moving on to stages, I think the island in Glee Club 2 would make a charming choice. But we already have Tortimer Island, though.

Last edited:

glovetheglove

Smash Rookie
What do you guys think about a WarioWare-esque stage but for Rhythm Heaven minigames where you have to tap attack to the beat and it shifts in and out of different games? I feel like it would make sense considering they're made by the same dev team.

TheFVguy

Smash Apprentice
I personally would have preferred Karate Joe, but if the Chorus Kids are in, as a Rhythm Heaven, I would be happy either way.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
So if Chorus Kids actually get into the game, that means...

Chorus Kids Amiibo

At least there would be another piece of RH merch beyond the Hairy Onion plush. Also, I'm actually curious on how that’d work.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
So if Chorus Kids actually get into the game, that means...

Chorus Kids Amiibo

At least there would be another piece of RH merch beyond the Hairy Onion plush. Also, I'm actually curious on how that’d work.
I suppose they along with Pokemon trainer could potentially get big detective pikachu type amiibos, as fitting all 4 of them onto one base will be hard lol

Dibble

Smash Cadet
im sure most of you guys have seen this by now but....

the growth psyenergy from golden sun as an unrevealed item just showed up in the new smash footage......

they did it guys :' )
At this point there's no real dancing around the leak anymore. It's pretty much officially confirmed.

Last edited:

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
At this point there's no real dancing around the leak anymore. It's pretty much officially confirmed.
I don’t think I’d go that far, but I do personally think it’s real at this point.
If it isn’t, like I said with the Ken leak, congrats to whoever could’ve pulled that stuff off.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I don't think it's as good as confirmed, I'm still pretty on the fence. However, I thought it would be a neat fact to point out that Chorus Kids'/Glee Club's addition would only make them the 2nd DS character to ever be added, after Lucario.
And would the conductor make them count as a GBA character too? He is one of the Clappy Trio after all.

AquaSol

Smash Apprentice
I’m starting to like the idea of the conductor. If this is real, maybe the character will be called Glee Club instead of Chorus Kids. I like it, but kinda weird considering we’ve been calling them Chorus Kids all these years.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Just out of curiosity, what is everyone expecting the conductor to do? I'm sure this has already been answered, but just a quick general rundown of what everyone's thinking? I'm personally thinking he's going to be a means of determining the rhythm of the button presses for attacks somehow, or something to that effect?

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Just out of curiosity, what is everyone expecting the conductor to do? I'm sure this has already been answered, but just a quick general rundown of what everyone's thinking? I'm personally thinking he's going to be a means of determining the rhythm of the button presses for attacks somehow, or something to that effect?
I’ve seen people say that he may be the controllable character while the Chorus Kids pop out for the attacks. Or maybe he’s throwing out the Chorus Kids, similarly to :ultrosalina:
I personally think he may just be in the background kinda like :ultpokemontrainer: reacting to the different specials and “beat”, or maybe even victory screens like Doc Louis. If anything, I do think you’ll directly control the Chorus Kids, given that’s who you actually play in Glee Club.
But I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility for Sakurai to do something weird with them. They’re extremely open for interpretation after all!
Either way, I’m really interested in how the conductor and the kids will function.

HaunterSpencer

Smash Cadet
NNID
HaunterSpencer
3DS FC
3583-3585-6107
I’m starting to like the idea of the conductor. If this is real, maybe the character will be called Glee Club instead of Chorus Kids. I like it, but kinda weird considering we’ve been calling them Chorus Kids all these years.
What if they are called the "Rhythm Club" because all of their attacks represents the Rhythm Heaven franchise in general? Kinda like how Duck Hunt is called (even tho Duck Hunt Duo sounds more fine to me)

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I keep reading both sides on this mural thing and it's really ticking me off that they're forgetting one (or several) crucial element of this whole thing: This mural is specifically made for a sky tube display, not for a wall poster. These are not just simple paper/posters, this is completely different material separated into three parts. Plus, there will possibility be light inside. If you wanted to make the characters standout and not get clashed with certain elements in the background, you would make certain edits to the background itself. And for a light being inside, ever tried a lamp with a different shade? It looks different when the light is on, right? Whatever colors their using for this sky tube, it's to make it so the light brings it to life.

I don't understand why no one talks about this. Unless I've missed it.

I'm no expert at this. Just observations I've been making. People are forgetting what this mural's purpose is for.

Edit: words
Thoughts from the Isaac Thread (also posted in general)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Kinda like what you said. I think he'd basically "cue up" certain moves to be given another input, which'd allow them grow probably stronger?

That had me then think: what if Chorus Kids' attacks would be "extendable" via button inputs, in style of Meta Knight's F-Tilt and and Bayonetta's F-Tilt and F-Air, and then allow the timing of inputs together he dictate the move's power... which'd allow some interesting conversion of RH-series' usual gameplay?

My set up would be that you'd be defaulted to one Kid only running around in general (Marshall?) - or maybe the two others trail behind him all the time, but then go disappear behind his back. Mostly why I see this working is due how RH-chars had been shown to be probably similar paper-thin characters as Mr.Game & Watch is, if looking at the RH-trophies we saw in Sm4sh Wii U.
On that end, I personally feel that three kids running huddled together would make them too big and easy targets due perceived large hitbox, hence why I think it'd be better for them to just be allowing one be visible and let other two come in for attacks.

When performing the attacks, usually it'd be a swift move from the first Boy - and you can extent the move further with more inputs. However, together the blows are usually weaker, or the sizes of sourspots are bigger.

But if you press them to the right "timing", another Boy would zip in from first one's back to swiftly extent in another blow - do another well-timed input after, and 3rd one would come either for one more hit, or a devastating finisher. Maybe there's a 4th one that has them all three hit together to really bring the opponent down the building.

But how to tell when is the right input or not?

That's where the Conductor comes in. He'd be in backgrounds of any stage, and through the way he would wave his cue baton to what's right "time" to do an input, you'd see when to hit it or not.

With this, you can also alternate between weak attacks and strong attacks, allowing potential for variable combo strings, while giving you good sense when there's a "miss" input and "right" input: much like Rhythm Heaven-games.
On that end, good sum of these "missed inputs" could create "mishap" attacks, sorta like having the Boys mess up a move in a way that happens to hit their opponent nearby, styling after that tongue-in-cheek humor you see in RH-games when you miss a right input. Probably might go dig through the games for fitting examples.

Heck, I could see this extended to Special Moves as well that would have the characters do them as you see in RH's various games, and you're allowed to "miss" the input to an alternative move in some, though others might require to really input the move well for maximized effect.

Overall, I think Chorus Kids might hopefully be one of the currently increasing "technical" characters you'd play in Smash, along with deploying the "triple power" concept on to them. I hope there's something like that in the works, in case they seem to all ready and feasible after Sm4sh had cut the Kids out.

Last edited:

HaunterSpencer

Smash Cadet
NNID
HaunterSpencer
3DS FC
3583-3585-6107
Overal, I think Chorus Kids might hopefully be one of the more growing "technical" characters you'd play in Smash, along with allowing "triple power" concept added on to them. I hope there's something like that in the works, incase they seem to all ready and feasible after Sm4sh had cut the Kids out.
Very well said :laugh:
I just hope they add different inputs like:
> Pressing different buttons in time to make a different attack. For example, we can take the Wandering Samurai mini gameand we go A, A for the first 2 slashes before pressing B to go "Whirlwind Slice"

> Hold Buttons and releasing them in the right moment (when the conductor swishes his stick)

> HECK Why not go full Rhythm Hell by adding tilts on attack inputs to stimulate "flick" motions from the DS games

Tho Im afraid, Chorus Kids/Glee Club is shaping up to be, by far, THE MOST hardest character(s) to use. Even harder than Megaman's weird mechonix, Im excited actually :laugh:
seeing an amazing Chorus Kids player will be a ..... GLEE:joyful:

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
> Pressing different buttons in time to make a different attack. For example, we can take the Wandering Samurai mini gameand we go A, A for the first 2 slashes before pressing B to go "Whirlwind Slice"
Good ones - I think if done sparingly, would allow some versatility further for the Kids, and make their attacks all the more unpredictable for opponents. Also I'm getting some traditional fighting game mechanic vibes from this (Light Light -> Special?)

In the flipside, too many options can be overwhelming, especially if they might add up to much in power or overall utility, see :ultpacman: in Sm4sh.

But your suggestion at least would sound like some more designated moves taken from the games in RH-series, would house "a special input" along regular ones.

> Hold Buttons and releasing them in the right moment (when the conductor swishes his stick)
This sounds ideal too - I think it should go on more commitment-based moves (so no overly standard attacks? Perhaps Smash-Attacks instead?)

On that end, I feel like this hasn't been done before in the series - in fact, I'm reminded of Project M Wario's F-Tilt being holdable to wind up more power to it, being this concept realized eons back.

HECK Why not go full Rhythm Hell by adding tilts on attack inputs to stimulate "flick" motions from the DS games
There's the "Smash"-input you can do on certain Special Moves, and Robin deploying his Levin Sword for Aerials - so perhaps this could be feasible too.

Again, depends on what ways they'll make this function in practice overall - I hope they'd at least feel fluid and reliable to use in general. Technical characters can be pretty difficult to use, but if their overall power doesn't add much up, they usually will be less effective than more straightforward characters that just happen to have overly strong moves and options which aren't held back by high skill ceilings to make best use of them. (:ultcloud:)

Last edited:

Vingag

Smash Apprentice
I'm in the camp thinking that the conductor will act similar to the Pokemon Trainer, though I can see them hopping into the fray from the background to do an upwards clap for either an up special or up throw.
What I'm interested in is peoples thoughts as to how the conductor/the entire character of the Chorus Kids or Glee Club would work with the stage music. Would the developers go through the entire song library and pick out important beats and moments to sync up moves to, or would they go for the less difficult but still pretty involved task of figuring out the time signature of every song included so that moves would gain power on the downbeat? Or, perhaps the easiest task, would the conductor always have similar movements regardless of the song playing on the stage?

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Maybe it’s their combos that will be based on rhythm ? Remember that Sakurai wants depth in the game but also to be accessible and instant fun. He won’t go for something too complex to play.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I reckon tying the Chorus Kids' attacks to the stage music isn't very practical for a few reasons:
- There are over 800 songs in the game, with varying tempos and time signatures, so that's a lot of music to program in tempos for.
- Tying into that, making moves work with different time signatures might be awkward, e.g. making attacks work both in 3/4 and 4/4.
- Timing moves to different beats could mess with the balance of the game. For example, the Chorus Kids might become stronger or weaker depending on the tempo of the song currently playing, due to the different timing of their attacks.
- Compared to a rhythm game, where the music is the only thing you're focusing on, a hectic game like Smash would make staying on-beat quite the challenge. It's rare that a key opportunity to hit an opponent, punish an option, etc will happen to line up with the beat of the song.

Because of this, imo it'd make more sense to have the rhythms be self-contained, if that makes sense. For example, for an up smash based on Cheer Readers, during the charge, you could hear the "O-K-it's-on" rhythm cue, and if you release the button right when you hear "on" (which would be made to line up with the one-second charge for a Smash Attack), you deal bonus damage. Maybe the bottom-screen cues from Megamix could indicate how well you timed it, or you could even get a Perfect for scoring five in a row!

Charge begins: "O"
1/3 of a second: "K"
2/3 of a second: "it's"
One second: "on!" (this is when all Smash Attacks reach full power. Release right now for a Perfect!)

Other examples include:
- See-Saw recovery; cue is the "ee-ooh!", press B again when the other Chorus Kid lands.
- A jab combo where the other two Chorus Kids automatically attack one after the other, then the player-controlled one follows up. In other words, the second hit is automatic, while the first and third are manual. Perform the third hit in time with the rhythm set by the second to deal bonus damage!
- A move based on Air Rally / Rhythm Rally where the Chorus Kids spread out and start hitting the shuttlecock / ball back and forth. Your serve and the other Chorus Kid's return set the rhythm, and your job is to maintain it.

Another possibility is something like the old Dancing Blade, where you just had to remember the timing without any real rhythm cues – but imo, the audible cues would be more "Rhythm Heaven-y."

Last edited:
Top Bottom