• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Singing for Paradise Chorus Kids for Smash

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
It'd be great if there's a new Rhythm Heaven game for the Switch.
Although, correct me if I'm wrong, haven't all of the titles come out towards the end of the system's lifespan?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It'd be great if there's a new Rhythm Heaven game for the Switch.
Although, correct me if I'm wrong, haven't all of the titles come out towards the end of the system's lifespan?
RH Gold was closer to the midpoint of the DS's life.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I really believe this is our chance. I doubt we'll get any hype reveals like Geno, as they can be saved for a smash specific direct. This seems like the time for some of the more obscure picks to shine. Heck, maybe Rhythm Heaven could even get a Switch game or port of Megamix to tie into Smash! (I know it's very unlikely, but I can dream). I doubt we can get disconfirmed this direct, but we'll see. Good luck everyone. Hopefully we'll get our sing bois tomorrow!

Jonofunu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jonofunu
3DS FC
0516-7588-9474
We get interesting news from Japan. Apparently, Nintendo has renewed several of its brands in the country. Among the new brands you have registered, we find those of four different games (source: Nintendo register new trademarks):

-Golden Sun, video game released on Game Boy Advance in 2001

-Super Mario Sluggers, video game released on Wii in 2008

-Rhythm Heaven, video game originally released on Nintendo DS in 2008

-Wrecking Crew, video game released on Famicom in 1985

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Rhythm Heaven, Golden Sun, and Wrecking Crew all make sense as they will hopefully all be in smash, but what about sluggers? Maybe we're getting a new one? That one might not mean anything

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Japanese trademarks need to be renewed every 10 years. For Super Sluggers, Rhythm Heaven Gold, and Wrecking Crew '98, that 10-year interval is this year – in other words, each of those games released 10 or 20 years ago. Additionally, for GS, RH, and WC, it's pretty much confirmed that they'll be in Smash in some form (RH music + trophies, GS music, WC stage + music), which alone would be a reason for a trademark renewal I reckon.

So this doesn't imply anything that we didn't already know... :/

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Japanese trademarks need to be renewed every 10 years. For Super Sluggers, Rhythm Heaven Gold, and Wrecking Crew '98, that 10-year interval is this year – in other words, each of those games released 10 or 20 years ago. Additionally, for GS, RH, and WC, it's pretty much confirmed that they'll be in Smash in some form (RH music + trophies, GS music, WC stage + music), which alone would be a reason for a trademark renewal I reckon.

So this doesn't imply anything that we didn't already know... :/
Indeed, but still something to get excited about :happysheep:

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
Remember that once they registered the name King K Rool for a costume for the Mii.

HaunterSpencer

Smash Cadet
NNID
HaunterSpencer
3DS FC
3583-3585-6107
I actually hope tomorrow's direct reveals a new rhythm heaven game; it would be nice if they have a collection of Remix using songs from other Nintendo games (ie: Jump Up Superstar, Calamari Inkantation, etc etc). But heck I just wanna see any Rhythm Heaven rep in smash t be revealed tomorrow. My personal predictions are Incineroar, Skull Kid, and Isaac with Ken and Isabelle as echoes, but still crossing my fingers for a rhythm heaven rep :V

This'll be me when a Rhythm Heaven news will be on smash segment LMAO:

PS: I once had a crush on DJ Yellow heeheehee

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Seeing another character without a new stage is kinda worrying me. I'm happy she's at least semi unique though. She's so adorable

AquaSol

Smash Apprentice
I personally don’t mind too much. I definitely didn’t see tons of people rooting for Isabelle during the ballot. This may mean that it’s not just huge ballot picks after all!

Jonofunu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jonofunu
3DS FC
0516-7588-9474
Do not worry, it's fine that I like her, if it's one of my favorites along with Chorus Kids.
Okay, yes? Wait for this trio of the choir, wish luckily in another day.

Last edited:

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Seeing another character without a new stage is kinda worrying me. I'm happy she's at least semi unique though. She's so adorable
Well if you think about it, Animal Crossing has two stages already in Ultimate. And they're practically representative of the games themselves, so there's not necessarily a need for a new home stage for Isabelle.

I'm sure if we get the Chorus Kids, they'll most likely get their own stage to represent Rhythm Heaven.
So I definitely wouldn't freak out about their chances due to this one reveal.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
No Rhythm Heaven love in this direct sadly but we got another character in Isabelle and I gotta to admit she really impressed me. I was expecting the same moves as Villager (that imo do not fit her at all) and she got all these neat refreshing moves. I really like it.

Well still 3 months of characters reveal left for the kids to make their grand debut !

noise r us

Smash Rookie
that was certainly something. at least we have 100% confirmation that the karate joe memory leak is fake now. maybe next time!

HaunterSpencer

Smash Cadet
NNID
HaunterSpencer
3DS FC
3583-3585-6107
I have this hunch that the next direct will be either a Smash Direct or a Pokemon Direct, they have yet to announce the blurred mode too. But eh, I cant complain, I wanted a new Animal Crossing AND Luigi's Mansion game anyway :chuckle: I also fell asleep while waiting assdfsghdj me

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
I'm honestly seeing a lot of people lose faith in their characters this time around.
Nothing has honestly changed, as Isabelle was practically a predicted character and even a lot of people went on record believing that.
Whatever evidence that the Chorus Kids have in their favor, and it's quite a lot, is still there. Nothing's going to change that.
I mean after all, Isabelle was only picked for the reveal to tie into Animal Crossing since a lot of Nintendo fans would be eyeing the Direct.
Nothing more to it, nothing less.

So don't give up, we're still supporting the choir altogether!

Dibble

Smash Cadet
Showing up late to support these snazzy fellas!

As for the recent news, I honestly think Isabelle is nothing but good news for the Chorus Kids' chances.
Up until now, everyone was convinced we'd only be getting high-profile, long-time fan favorite characters as fully fledged newcomers.
With Isabelle, it just goes to show that Sakurai isn't going to limit himself solely to top ballot picks and that he still very much adds whoever HE wants to add, end of story.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
If no base game, Chorus Kids’ chances are over and that’s what makes me scared. If 103 is the final stage number, the Dream of the Choir Boys is over. And with every reveal I’m getting more convinced this is the bitter truth...

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
People are pretty much desperate since Isabelle reveal thinking it's the end of big reveals, what we need is a good hint / tweet / leak or anything to get the hype train back on track.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
If no base game, Chorus Kids’ chances are over and that’s what makes me scared. If 103 is the final stage number, the Dream of the Choir Boys is over. And with every reveal I’m getting more convinced this is the bitter truth...
As I've stated multiple times before, reveals don't really indicate anything for the Smash hype cycle.
Ridley, a practically obscure character, was shown at E3 while Simon was in a Smash specific direct.
If anything I think that relatively does more for their chances than anything else.

On the topic of reveals though, Sakurai did say all of the characters will be revealed before launch.
Do any of you think some of them might be stealth ones? Like with older Smash iterations there would be a "Challenger Approaching" on the site, but able to be seen.
Any of you think some characters might be the same way?

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
As I've stated multiple times before, reveals don't really indicate anything for the Smash hype cycle.
Ridley, a practically obscure character, was shown at E3 while Simon was in a Smash specific direct.
If anything I think that relatively does more for their chances than anything else.

On the topic of reveals though, Sakurai did say all of the characters will be revealed before launch.
Do any of you think some of them might be stealth ones? Like with older Smash iterations there would be a "Challenger Approaching" on the site, but able to be seen.
Any of you think some characters might be the same way?
I can see a trailer being announced for the website a day before my it airs, but nothing like the brawl days of newcomers. I think they'd have to do some website reveals though, right? We probably only have like one more smash direct left, and that's hopefully not enough to reveal every fighter we don't know about

Jonofunu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jonofunu
3DS FC
0516-7588-9474
When I look at a Smash direct from last month, I found 4 clues about that. I suggest that these should be the next fighters in SSBU. Look at an image has clues.

Pistas de proximos luchadores en ssbu.jpg

LetterO

Smash Lord
Well, with the supposed reveal of there being 108 stages total, this means the chances of a RH character with a stage has increased!

Jonofunu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jonofunu
3DS FC
0516-7588-9474
Revealed a trailer of Simon in SSBU, where the wall is next to Death (he is hit by Simon's Cross) that has a drawing refers to Cinnamon (a month after adding today). If it was the first clue of Smash direct. Umm ... but, I do not find these clues of Shadow, and neither Ken. I believe they will be hiding in game SSBU can launch in this month December.

View attachment 164587

Last edited:

Jonofunu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jonofunu
3DS FC
0516-7588-9474
When I look at a Smash direct from last month, I found 4 clues about that. I suggest that these should be the next fighters in SSBU. Look at an image has clues.

Pistas de proximos luchadores en ssbu.jpg
Revealed a trailer of Simon in SSBU, where the wall is next to Death (he is hit by Simon's Cross) that has a drawing refers to Isabelle (a month after adding today). If it was the first clue of Smash direct. Umm... but, I do not find these clues of Shadow, and neither Ken. I believe they will be hiding in game SSBU can launch in this month December.

Primer pista de proximo luchador.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom