• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Singing for Paradise Chorus Kids for Smash

D

Deleted member

HOMINA HOMINA HOMINA hahaha. I want these dudes in Smash.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Y'all should just like the OP of this thread if you wanna support. It is kinda hard to tell who wants to be a supporter unless they directly say they are a legitimate supporter. :p

I like PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate 's method of supporting.

Last edited:

xjthegulpin

Smash Apprentice
Tomorrow’s direct should have a reveal. I’m predicting a character leaning towards the casual side, so maybe a Pokémon or Bandana Dee....maybe even The Chorus Kids

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Just a reminder that timing for characters don't really matter. Like think about the last couple of reveals for Smash 4, they weren't exactly the most exciting inclusions to the general audience.
I mean this is coming from the same PR that showed off Palutena at E3 while Pac-Man was shown first behind closed doors.

But yeah, I think we may get someone that's more towards the general Nintendo crowd. Like it could be anyone from BWD to Elma to maybe even these guys, given they all appeal to large swaths of Nintendo fans.
well the Chorus Kids would really just be Japan mostly, but it still counts!

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
It's kinda awkward to judge that kinda pattern based on Smash 4, since it leaned pretty heavily toward characters that are well-known / mainstream to begin with. The main outliers are:
- Palutena (and Dark Pit?) was revealed at E3, despite being kinda obscure.
- Bowser Jr. (post-launch, Smash-specific Direct IIRC), Greninja (Smash Direct), and Robin / Lucina (Smash livestream) were revealed in Smash-specific presentations, despite being pretty mainstream.
- Pacman was revealed behind closed doors, despite being Pacman.

Honestly the KI reps and Shulk are the only Smash 4 newcomers that stand out to me as not being mainstream at all (base game). In any event, we don't really have a consistent pattern to go on for Ultimate, so it's anyone's guess. (If there were a pattern, I'd expect Pacman and Palu to be swapped.)

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
It's kinda awkward to judge that kinda pattern based on Smash 4, since it leaned pretty heavily toward characters that are well-known / mainstream to begin with. The main outliers are:
- Palutena (and Dark Pit?) was revealed at E3, despite being kinda obscure.
- Bowser Jr. (post-launch, Smash-specific Direct IIRC), Greninja (Smash Direct), and Robin / Lucina (Smash livestream) were revealed in Smash-specific presentations, despite being pretty mainstream.
- Pacman was revealed behind closed doors, despite being Pacman.

Honestly the KI reps and Shulk are the only Smash 4 newcomers that stand out to me as not being mainstream at all (base game). In any event, we don't really have a consistent pattern to go on for Ultimate, so it's anyone's guess. (If there were a pattern, I'd expect Pacman and Palu to be swapped.)
Yeah, basically.
Hell, depsite Ridley being asked for non stop by the Smash community, I still saw a lot of people ask "Who is he? He's from Metroid?" on Twitter and various social media. And they still kept Simon, one of the iconic characters from the NES era, relegated to a Smash centric direct.
That's the thing with Smash Bros., given it's such a huge flagship title and a celebration of gaming as a whole, any character that gets in will be celebrated.
So I think to Nintendo as a whole, they don't need a bombshell of a character to wrap up advertising. They just throw whoever they have, and talk and hype still spreads.
So yeah, don't use timing to predict who will get in or not.
I'm thinking we may get someone that appeals to everyone for this direct, but the complete opposite can also happen. So just enjoy the ride tomorrow.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
I posted this over in the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Discussion thread based on my recent thoughts, and since it seems like something the users in this thread might appreciate, here is a re-post of my points for your consideration:
I've been thinking about this lately: Will the Chorus Kids get into this Smash after being cut from the last ones? After hearing the whole "I hope you don't expect too many newcomers" thing, I came to the conclusion that the answer is almost certainly "no" as it seemed that the development team would be focusing all of their efforts on bringing back old fighters and then adding Echoes and highly-requested newcomers. But just recently I thought of something that I hadn't given much consideration to previously: they were almost certainly cut after development began on them. I believe this might just be their saving grace. Remember, the Ice Climbers were built to a playable state on the Wii U version before being cut due to the limitations of the classic 3DS/2DS. The Chorus Kids were cut at an unknown point in development, likely due to being a multi-character like Nana and Popo and thus facing similar issues. Let's break down how their series were represented in the final games:

Ice Climber
  • Smash Run enemy
  • Two songs
  • Several trophies
Rhythm Heaven
  • Smash Run enemy
  • Two songs
  • Several trophies
The two most likely explanations for why Rhythm Heaven would have received similar amounts of representation as Ice Climber are that the Chorus Kids were cut after a fair amount of development had been done and a version of them was implemented into the Wii U version, similar to Ice Climbers, or that Sakurai was invested enough in the idea of representing the series in Smash that even after the character concept was scrapped he had the team implement these other elements into the games. Given the presence of the Rhythm Heaven series icon data among the fighter franchise icons, I'm inclined to believe that there was in fact a fair amount of work done on them before being cut (though the second possibility is likely true to some extent, as well). My point in bringing all of this up? Well, the Ice Climbers were brought back in Ultimate, and since this game is obviously a port largely built off of the framework of the previous version just like the other games in the series were in their initial stages of development, surely their return was facilitated by the fact that they already had quite a bit of work done from the start, making them easier to develop than a character that would need to be made from scratch. With the relatively limited resources available to be used on newcomers with everyone and nearly everywhere being here, so to speak, just as Echo fighters now make even more sense than before as a means to offer fans new characters to play as, it would make perfect sense for the team to also return to the partially-developed Chorus Kids for a comparatively-easy newcomer. Add in the relevancy of the RH series at the time that the project proposal was completed (Megamix released in Japan in June 2015 with an American release planned for the next year, and the proposal was made in December 2015) and the fan demand for a Rhythm Heaven character in the Smash Ballot (which, admittedly, was limited, though certainly not nonexistent), not to mention Sakurai's penchant for adding in a crazy character pick or two in each game which may be in jeopardy of not being feasible this time with the aforementioned strained resources, and I think it all adds up to a pretty solid case for why the Chorus Kids are likely to finally bring the beat in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Jonofunu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jonofunu
3DS FC
0516-7588-9474
I found those adorable kids with wigs (from their conductor/clappy trio) if I put this image as my new avatar looks better and cutest.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
So what's with the recent avatars of the Chorus Kids. We're they leaked or something?
Mimique is a guy who is known for making scarily accurate predictions with definite confidence before a direct and some people believe he is a leaker in disguise. He changes his profile pic all the time so I was messing around

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Sakurai did say that all characters will be announced before the game launches, so that may be concerning.
Do you think he actually will? I mean Smash has always been known for unlockable fighters, so if that's true he may pull a Dark Pit with a character or two, so he's technically announcing them.
If everyone does get revealed before release, in that case I was completely wrong, I'm guessing these guys will be apart of the last showcase/direct.
I think Sakurai loves watching people reacting to new smash characters on youtube. In 4, we didn't get that with Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt because people already knew about them from the 3DS release, I would have loved to see peoples reaction to those two.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Now it is my avatar. I am going to spread this like the plague.
Oof I saw this lol. I guess I'll help you

Edit: If Chorus Kids are Sans and Ness is also Sans does this mean Chorus Kids are already in the game?

Last edited:

Bandanna_Waddle_Dee

Smash Apprentice
Add me to that big ol' support list! Definitely my favorite choice(s?) for a Rhythm Heaven rep, which is long overdue at this point, they have so much unique moveset potential! Here's hoping for our smol singer bois!

HaunterSpencer

Smash Cadet
NNID
HaunterSpencer
3DS FC
3583-3585-6107
TBH if by some poor judgement of Arceus we dont get Chorus Kids (or any rhythm heaven rep in general). I just wish that Sakurai would at least add a stage of Rhythm Heaven plus the music cuz Im sure as hell want my credits to play "Dreams of our Generation" or play "Lonely Storm" IN FULL BLAST IN TRAINING MODE.

( also why am I not in the support list yet? Add me pls OPsenpai :3c )

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
That was honestly one of the biggest crimes for Smash 4.
Rhythm Heaven only got two songs from the series to be added in Smash 4.
Like I get it wasn't a series represented with a character, but like...come on.

potato69

Smash Apprentice
My three singing sons deserve everything in the world and nobody can make me think otherwise.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
The craziest thing to me about the Chorus Kids, the datamine and with Gematsu, is the question that people throw around "Well, how do we know it was them?"
Sure, we don't definitively know, but that's what most people use to dismiss them out of hand.
Like I mean sure, the Rhythm Heaven series is home to a good chunk of bright and colorful characters with all unique personalities, so it seems like it may be any one of them.
I actually think if Gematsu wasn't a thing and we found the RH icon, many people would probably be pointing towards Karate Joe or one of the Fever kids. Especially the former since he has seniority.

But I think that's more evidence for these children than actually against them.
I mean outside of being on the cover of the NA Rhythm Heaven box art, idk if they're on Rhythm Tengoku Gold's one, they're not exactly the most popular characters if we're being honest.
And also outside of them being featured in a WarioWare game and some promotional material, but those are the only case scenarios where they're highly prominent. I mean even with MegaMix, they're included with everyone else. It's not like they're the face of the series or been in multiple games outside of remixes and variations.
So of all characters, why them exactly? Like who would think about choosing them, when they're not exactly even named within the mini game you play?
They're definitely not an obvious choice for the series. I mean we even have supporters on this thread even say they can't necessarily visualize them.
And I think that's what makes them so prominent and interesting when regarding their possible inclusion.
These monochrome brothers honestly have a lot going for them. Just the fact that a character can be unique and make it into Smash on they're own merits without needing seniority or being the mascot, to represent the entire series is amazing.
These kids are just trying their best and got the recognition for it.
That is one of the very many reasons why I desperately want to see them make their ultimate debut on the grand stage.

EDIT: Okay, so I looked up the Rhythm Tengoku Gold boxart and I'm laughing so hard looking at this.
513v4PbG8UL._SX342_.jpg

Like look at him, he's just right there happily standing there. It's pretty adorable actually, I just find it really funny for some reason.

Last edited:

potato69

Smash Apprentice
I've decided to change my avatar to something more relevant to my interests. You may now call me Raigh: Dark Chorus Child of Elibe.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Have you guys seen this last leak about Karate Joe ? Screenshots of datas from the Smash website server and all ?
Like, I don't believe this one sec but worth mentioning I guess.

Top Bottom