• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Singing for Paradise Chorus Kids for Smash

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Have any of you seen this 4chan picture leak going around that includes Chorus Kids? I'm naturally taking this with a huge grain of salt. Some of its details are pretty rough around the edges (The red above Shadow's eye possibly leaking into his pupil and Isaac's hair color) but it's giving me ESRB leak vibes seeing as how they're cropped and 1:1 renders of any of these characters have yet to be found.

Yeah, I'd take this with a grain of salt. But honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if this is legitimate.
Some of the sources haven't been found yet of these images and the fact that the game has already been rated by the ESRB and other boards could lead to the possibility that multiple people have seen what the roster entails, so it's possible.
If we do get footage or more screencaps that correlate with these characters and designs, then we'll know it's most likely real.

My question is, is what or where is that image of the Chorus Kids supposed to be..? If that's their render, then I guess we're getting another 2D character in the roster. Or it could be in the mural, but it's pitch white behind them so..
EDIT: Also DasKoopa (idk how to tag people on here) brought up this in the general Smash Ultimate discussion thread:
Super-Smash-Bros-3DS-Wii-U-Roster-Screenshot.jpg.optimal.jpg
This was the first image to be posted before the floodgates were opened.
So who knows?

Last edited:

AquaSol

Smash Apprentice
Not too sold on the leak, but the Chorus Kids render is interesting. I don’t know of any artwork that has one of them smiling like that. It doesn’t look like an obviously edited version of the one where they’re stacked up on each other.

JazzaDawg

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1178-2246-1598
Switch FC
2923 8939 4091
While I have a preference to Marshal amd Karate Joe i'm a supporter of any all Rhythm Heaven reps

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

HaunterSpencer

Smash Cadet
NNID
HaunterSpencer
3DS FC
3583-3585-6107
For a win screen I could totally see them falling on top of eachother We Bare Bears style to form the Megamix artwork like you said. Maybe they could do other poses like The Dazzles. I'd really like to see your lose screens a taunt, too
How about a Victory Pose where the interviewer from Ringside goes "Wubudabudabuh Thats true?" and then all of them goes "AAAAAHHH" surprising the interviewer LOL

I think the more important question is what would be their victory fanfare? I personally want the jingle right before you play a remix.

HaunterSpencer

Smash Cadet
NNID
HaunterSpencer
3DS FC
3583-3585-6107
whos that top left?
I'll take some guesses I got
-Ayumi Tachibana from Famicom Detective Club (might be the WTF pick of Sakurai)
-Agnes from Bravely Default
-The main protagonist of Fatal Frame

while Im not against any of these characters except, Im actually suspicious of the renders, something is wrong with Shadow's eye and Ken's lips looks like an upside down lips of Ryu with a little smirk.

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Have any of you seen this 4chan picture leak going around that includes Chorus Kids? I'm naturally taking this with a huge grain of salt. Some of its details are pretty rough around the edges (The red above Shadow's eye possibly leaking into his pupil and Isaac's hair color) but it's giving me ESRB leak vibes seeing as how they're cropped and 1:1 renders of any of these characters have yet to be found.

I personally don't believe it. Isabelle and Skull Kid look like 3D models while shadow looks like the everyone is here artwork. Ken, Isaac, and Agnes look like the official renders while Chorus Kids' just doesn't look professional. I'd bet they were only put on this leak as they were easy to draw. If this does happen to be real though, I would be okay with it. It doesn't make sense Bandana Dee isn't here though. I will look forward to any other information this leaker might give if this in fact is similar to the ESRB leak.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'll take some guesses I got
-Ayumi Tachibana from Famicom Detective Club (might be the WTF pick of Sakurai)
-Agnes from Bravely Default
-The main protagonist of Fatal Frame

while Im not against any of these characters except, Im actually suspicious of the renders, something is wrong with Shadow's eye and Ken's lips looks like an upside down lips of Ryu with a little smirk.
apart from the hair that doesnt look much like agnes, does look pretty fake anyway

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Ding dong, the leak is dead.

Well that was a fun night for discussion, time to move on.
But the thing that I'm going to stick to is the fact that we may get a leak similar to ESRB in the upcoming months.
After all, many people saw the screens months before it was publicly leaked.
Also this doesn't affect the Chorus Kid's chances for anyone who's worried over their inclusion.
This just means they'll be ignored in major discussion and speculation again, because this "leak" is dead.
Like I said time again and again, people are sleeping on the Chorus Kids, and they have as much, if not more, going for them than other popular characters.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I think these guys are a lock. Sakurai has been pulling out the stops this time around and, being a FIRM believer that Gematsu was real, I think he'll include them. He probably has a moveset and newcomer trailer planned out and we all know Sakurai always revisits ideas (read: Villager, Ridley, Pac-Man, Miis, even Ditto as a Pokeball pokemon). Heck, we even saw the sneaky spirits in Smash Run! Long story short, I support these guys! And I've never even played Rhythm Heaven!

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
Loved Rhythm Paradise (thats what the DS version is called in Europe) when I was younger and literally the only minigame I still remember from that game was the one with the Chorus Kids, so it'd be cool to have these guys around. Add me to the list.

Gematsu was real.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
I find it funny that after all these years Gematsu somehow is still fighting for its life LOL

EDIT: of course I want it to be real so bad since the first day

Last edited:

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
I find it funny that after all these years Gematsu somehow is still fighting for its life LOL

EDIT: of course I want it to be real so bad since the first day
Yeah, who knew that a sequel later it's entire roster barring one character, so far, are all apart of the game.

So here's a question: What Rhythm Heaven character would you guys like to see made into an Assist Trophy?
I'd love to see the Wrestler and the interviewer, and every time he flexes, it sends a shockwave across the screen knocking players away.
I think Karate Joe, ( no offense to the fans who want him playable ), would be neat as a Knuckles or Alucard type assist trophy. Or maybe even the Wandering Samurai.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Yeah, who knew that a sequel later it's entire roster barring one character, so far, are all apart of the game.

So here's a question: What Rhythm Heaven character would you guys like to see made into an Assist Trophy?
I'd love to see the Wrestler and the interviewer, and every time he flexes, it sends a shockwave across the screen knocking players away.
I think Karate Joe, ( no offense to the fans who want him playable ), would be neat as a Knuckles or Alucard type assist trophy. Or maybe even the 16-bit samurai.
I would love the Sneaky Spirit and Wrestler as Assist Trophies personally. Karate Joe would be cool, but I think a RH character like Sneaky would suit the Assist Trophy role the best.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
I would love the Sneaky Spirit and Wrestler as Assist Trophies personally. Karate Joe would be cool, but I think a RH character like Sneaky would suit the Assist Trophy role the best.
I was actually going to say the Sneaky Spirits, but I think they would probably be more like an enemy for the assumed adventure mode. But if Rathalos could be in both, there's no reason the Sneaky Spirits can't!

LetterO

Smash Lord
I think both the Wandering Samurai and Karate Joe would be fun ATs. They're both the only characters to appear in all 4 games thus far. Enemies from Samurai Slice and the Sneaky Spirits would be fun enemies for an adventure mode. I also wouldn't mind the Wrestler.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I was actually going to say the Sneaky Spirits, but I think they would probably be more like an enemy for the assumed adventure mode. But if Rathalos could be in both, there's no reason the Sneaky Spirits can't!
Starman was both an Earthbound AT and an enemy in Smash 4's Smash Run I believe. So it is not impossible.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace

I think Karate Joe, ( no offense to the fans who want him playable ), would be neat as a Knuckles or Alucard type assist trophy. Or maybe even the 16-bit samurai.
I'd like to see Tibby blowing the bubbles from the credits or maybe shooting up on the rainbow. I'd like to see Karate Joe as well. He could just do exactly what he does in his games and hit pots at the fighters. If someone got close he could do the combo, and he could randomly do the kick move and launch a bomb for a big explosion where it lands.

I believe I've already said this before, but I'm pretty convinced the Gematsu leak was real. There's just no way you predict so many characters correct and then the two you get wrong were confirmed to be planned for the game. Another thing I find odd is the choice of Chorus Kids. A Rhythm Heaven rep was already a pretty obscure choice, but if it was fake why wouldn't he have gone for someone more recognizable like Joe or Marshal? When looking at moveset potential, the Chorus Kids stand out. They can sing, representing a music based franchise well, and have a lot more options for attacks. They also can act as a blank slate, able to perform almost any other character from the games' actions to attack. It would look out of character for Joe to pose like the Dazzles. Chorus Kids, however, would look super natural doing it. They are also super unique compared to other choices, with the other two kids possibly popping out for attacks and them just having a unique and fun design in general. I could see them being added over Joe just for the way they look. I don't think Sakurai feels like punching represents Rhythm Heaven best. A faker certainly wouldn't be taking all this into consideration. It's always possible he just got lucky and chose at random, but I don't buy it.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'd like to see Tibby blowing the bubbles from the credits or maybe shooting up on the rainbow. I'd like to see Karate Joe as well. He could just do exactly what he does in his games and hit pots at the fighters. If someone got close he could do the combo, and he could randomly do the kick move and launch a bomb for a big explosion where it lands.

I believe I've already said this before, but I'm pretty convinced the Gematsu leak was real. There's just no way you predict so many characters correct and then the two you get wrong were confirmed to be planned for the game. Another thing I find odd is the choice of Chorus Kids. A Rhythm Heaven rep was already a pretty obscure choice, but if it was fake why wouldn't he have gone for someone more recognizable like Joe or Marshal? When looking at moveset potential, the Chorus Kids stand out. They can sing, representing a music based franchise well, and have a lot more options for attacks. They also can act as a blank slate, able to perform almost any other character from the games' actions to attack. It would look out of character for Joe to pose like the Dazzles. Chorus Kids, however, would look super natural doing it. They are also super unique compared to other choices, with the other two kids possibly popping out for attacks and them just having a unique and fun design in general. I could see them being added over Joe just for the way they look. I don't think Sakurai feels like punching represents Rhythm Heaven best. A faker certainly wouldn't be taking all this into consideration. It's always possible he just got lucky and chose at random, but I don't buy it.
especially as one of those character was the wii fit trainer no one saw that coming

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai said everyone would be announced beforehand and that makes me scared. I am expecting mind-blowing "YES, I voted for this character"-characters for the rest of the announcements (at least, unique newcomers). The Chorus Kids will not make such an exciting announcement so I'm still scared for the Chorus Kids' inclusion. My only hope is Base Game, because characters like Bandana Waddle Dee, Banjo-Kazooie, Geno or Isaac can also be well sold DLC, but Chorus Kids are not SO popular they can sell so well. Oh well... Me praying for our little boys...

(Plus there are only so-many slots left)

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Sakurai said everyone would be announced beforehand and that makes me scared. I am expecting mind-blowing "YES, I voted for this character"-characters for the rest of the announcements (at least, unique newcomers). The Chorus Kids will not make such an exciting announcement so I'm still scared for the Chorus Kids' inclusion. My only hope is Base Game, because characters like Bandana Waddle Dee, Banjo-Kazooie, Geno or Isaac can also be well sold DLC, but Chorus Kids are not SO popular they can sell so well. Oh well... Me praying for our little boys...

(Plus there are only so-many slots left)
The thing is someone like Simon was probably not a ballot related character.
Well, at least in terms of the Smash Bros. community. I think that was more like Sakurai's choice as Konami seemed to work with them way more than some other companies ( Square Enix ), so he decided to throw him in given his importance and iconic status. I'd definitely argue same probably went for someone like Richter, as he's the preferred character in Japan.

Now assuming that very idea, the Chorus Kids are apart of a popular series in Japan, and one of the few to not be represented in Smash outside of 4. Hell, it's one of the few series to even have relevance before the project plan was finalized outside of ORAS, Xenoblade X, and Majora's Mask. And The Best Plus/MegaMix sold very well over in Japan.
Despite that, it may seem like tough competition, but let's not forget something else:
Going off of everything else previously mentioned as evidence for the monochrome children, they're also likely to be finished characters like the Ice Climbers were and also able to make the jump to Ultimate. This would theoretically take less time, outside of retexturing, modeling, and maybe animating them, over having to develop a completely new character alongside the added work.
The only thing I could see being off for them is them having a unique CG trailer, but Wii Fit Trainer and Duck Hunt got one so eh.

I'd just find it extremely odd if they didn't get in this time around, given everything surrounding their inclusion. Honestly, after all the characters that mostly appeal to westerners, I could see the alabaster brothers (I'm assuming they are) being one of the ones to appeal to Sakurai's home country.

Last edited:

chronomantic

Smash Ace
That's the good thing about Sakurai. He does what he wants if it feels right. Who requested Wii fit trainer?? or even Richter for that matter? The CK will be as left field as it gets that's what makes it exciting.

xjthegulpin

Smash Apprentice
I feel like the trailer, should happen, would go down like this:

Somewhere in New Donk City Hall various Smash characters start standing in front of a stage for a performance of some sort. Pauline talks about some special guests, leaves the stage, then the conductor walks out, takes a bow, followed by the Chorus Kids. They do their usual performance followed by different reactions from the other Smash characters when suddenly, a Smash ball appears in the air. The performance stops, everyone stares at the Smash ball in silence, then in a split second, they make a run for it, including the Chorus Kids *Insert Chorus Kids title card or whatever here*

I feel like this would be a funny way to get people hype and excited for the characters.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I feel like the trailer, should happen, would go down like this:

Somewhere in New Donk City Hall various Smash characters start standing in front of a stage for a performance of some sort. Pauline talks about some special guests, leaves the stage, then the conductor walks out, takes a bow, followed by the Chorus Kids. They do their usual performance followed by different reactions from the other Smash characters when suddenly, a Smash ball appears in the air. The performance stops, everyone stares at the Smash ball in silence, then in a split second, they make a run for it, including the Chorus Kids *Insert Chorus Kids title card or whatever here*

I feel like this would be a funny way to get people hype and excited for the characters.
This would be great, but you forgot the part where someone dies. I won’t accept a trailer unless someone dies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Now I'm sure knowing Sakurai he could pull off giving them a moveset like how he pulled it off with Captain Falcon and Duck Hunt but I'd much rather have Karate Joe. He just has more going for him.

xjthegulpin

Smash Apprentice
This would be great, but you forgot the part where someone dies. I won’t accept a trailer unless someone dies.
Oh oh! Right! Um....Pac-Man gets pushed away by Bowser as he makes a run for the smash ball and he hits his head on a new donk fire hydrant. He breathes a sigh of relief and smiles as he is seemingly unhurt when the fire hydrant suddenly bursts and he gets pushed away by the water over the buildings of New Donk.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Quick question, why do you see Karate Joe as more likely?
Didn't say more likely. Just said I'd rather have him.

Also because being some karate fighter. Some movesets would be easier to make from the game he originated from not taking as much time. That and I think he represents Rhythm Heaven much more.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Add me to that list! The gif in the OP (whose embed seems to be broken) honestly sold me on Chorus Kids; my other idea for a RH rep was always the Samurai.

On the subject of the leak, I thought it was pretty lame how the series icon was just "RH," so I tried making my own in photoshop (mainly it just adds the shape of the series logo in the background)

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Add me to that list! The gif in the OP (whose embed seems to be broken) honestly sold me on Chorus Kids; my other idea for a RH rep was always the Samurai.
Smashboards has been very glitchy with images every single day lately. I gave up trying to fix it after several times when it came to my roster newcomer analyses. I am not gonna bother TBH.

Last edited:

potato69

Smash Apprentice
I dug up this old account just for this lol
I've wanted these good bois in smash for years, ever since smash 4 speculation days and would be ecstatic if it ever happens. theyre the only characters that would make me switch mains from zelda in a heartbeat! i just wanted y'all to know that us silent chorus kids supporters/ballot voters are out there ^^

Last edited:

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Rhythm Heaven is such an interesting case when it comes to Smash Bros.
It feels like most people don't care WHO the rep is, as long as there's a rep from the series in the game.

I love the Chorus Men, but I honestly don't think they'd be the best RH rep.

I feel like Karate Joe would fit better. I'm sure tons of other characters would show up as part of his moveset, including the chorus men.

I'd be happy no matter who we get.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Rhythm Heaven is such an interesting case when it comes to Smash Bros.
It feels like most people don't care WHO the rep is, as long as there's a rep from the series in the game.
well yeah its full of great characters its nearly impossible to have a bad choice

Top Bottom