• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sing >>>> Boost smashers?

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering if if sing will put someone to sleep if they try to boost smash towards you. Could this be that useful application for sing?! Could this help in the fight against Snake!?!?!?

WILL SOMEBODY TEST THIS!!!!!!?!?!?! :laugh:

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
I tested this out and unfortunately, it doesn't work well on Snake. When his mortarslide collides into you, it knocks you back and does no effect to him. If he messes up his spacing on his mortarslide and he stops near you, he will fall asleep but the mortar shell will fall on you and knock you back, leaving Snake lots of time to wake up.

I found out, however, that it works well against Wario, Link, and Shiek. Not so much with Falco though. For them to fall asleep, they must either boost smash completely past you as you are Singing or stop the boost smash near you but without hitting you.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
I am sad.

lol and paralasalud, Im not advocating that you do this when the opponent is at 0%. Why does everyone say the opponent will wake up before you? DAMAGE THEM FIRST!!!

I thought this would foil Snake and other Boost smashers =/

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
This works wonders on those boost-smashing Shieks, however :) Their boost smash goes across half the length of FD (if done correctly)!

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
people need to keep this in mind when fighting Shieks in the future.

IDK how but I can SOMETIMES get it to work on wolf. Its wierd though... His usmash hits but he falls asleep 0_0

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
You'd be screwed with Snakes boost smash, if he saw you singing, he'd just release his smash just before, and the mortar would still hit you. Or whilst it's still in the air, he can just utilt you in the face.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
I did some testing on this, but it doesn't seem that useful...

I thought of two possible uses for this: using it defensively, and using it to make someone fall of the edge of a stage, asleep.

Now, defensively it doesn't do much. Even if you start getting good at timing it, there is still about a 50% chance sing won't hit someone slidedashing towards you. If you miss, then you are left wide open. Even if you do hit them they end up far away, so it becomes hard to counter attack.

So, next I tested some of the properties of the sleep effect. Firstly, if a sleeping character is on a platform and if breaks/disappears, they will instantly wake up. Even if you use an attack like Water gun that only pushes, they will just wake up when they are off the stage. When dash canceling, you can't fall off the ledge; you just stop at the edge, meaning the opponent will not fall off the edge. It can be used on walk-off stages to kill, but no walkoff stage is considered a CP stage, so ya.

So all-in-all, I can't see a use for it.

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
sing only has three points it will hit. The three times she is expanded most is when it hits. the whole move isnt a hitbox. if its timed luckily enough it could stop something such as the mortar slide.

Top Bottom