• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sing Attack

WwwWario

Smash Ace
I was wondering if anyone has gathered information around her Up Special. I always found Jigglypuff's Up Special to be useless. It was hard to hit, and when you did hit, they would wake up nearly before you finished the animation... :\

So, since her Rest is back to its Melee glory, and her new design is fantastic, does anyone know if her Sing has gotten an upgrade, too?

Chauzu

Smash Ace
I know from first hand experience that Sing is buffed. Faced a Jiggs that put me to sleep twice. I couldn't wake up in time to avoid the Rest punish. I was asleep for a loooong time.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Mashing out seems really hard on the 3ds

That being said, when I grab a cpu and pummel them twice at like 110%+, they break out. So maybe we have something to learna bout breaking out of grabs/sing

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
lets not forget that the knockback is actually the one that makes it how long it sleeps (it ws that in brawl so I assume its here now too)
and since the rage effect does increase knockback while higher % you are at, Sing will be buffed to along the way o:

Hmmmm

Smash Cadet
NNID
Magykal
3DS FC
3883-7075-6475
A trick I use is starting to sing in the air while falling down. If you catch them mid-rest or so they'll stay asleep for longer after you finish.

But if you mess up, it could be a hard punish on you.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Ok, just some "proof" of Sing's buff.

http://www.twitch.tv/lffn/b/570463005

Faced Leffen with Jiggs and I managed to Sing > Rest two times lol. It's at the end of the vid, like 2h 06 mins in it.
WOW lol that's super pro, he almost died the first time and you woulda won.

Dude I don't even understand, how did you get those two sing -> rest off. The first time you started Sing like RIGHT when he did his Up B; if he fell down more and Up B'd the edge then he wouldn't have gotten hit and you woulda been punished right?

My guess is that if he did fall down more and sweetspot the edge, enough time would have passed so that he wouldn't be able to hard punish you. And that you just had super quick decision making when you saw his position relative to the edge to cover both possibilities.

The second time you stopped moving and did a Sing, Leffen didn't react in time I guess and ended up doing his falcon kick anyway, perhaps thinking you were still moving forward.

But what if he just dair'd you or something? Were you willing to take the risk or did you just do a super hard read and know that he was goin for a falcon kick based on his movement in the air. Or does sing possibly hit in the air now?

Thanks in advance xD

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Mashing out seems really hard on the 3ds

That being said, when I grab a cpu and pummel them twice at like 110%+, they break out. So maybe we have something to learna bout breaking out of grabs/sing
It's because we're afraid of breaking our circle pads.

Top Bottom