• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simulacrum - A Brawl Kirby combo video by Durgan (DRGN)

DRGN

Technowizard
It's up!

Until now I've shown this video to just a small handful of people. I've had it sitting on my computer for years, so unfortunately it's somewhat outdated; probably something like 95% of everything here is over 2-3 years old. Oldie but goodie, you could say. Also, having said that, yes, I realize that some of these things wouldn't work in today's metagame, etc. But anyways, I'm on break from school right now, so this was a good time to look at this again, go back and do some minor tweaks in the editing even though it was pretty much done, render it and upload it. And getting around to doing it before another year passes is nice too.

To be honest, I started out not really liking this video and didn't want to upload it. There were replays and clips better than what's in here I never could get a hold of, which made me reluctant to upload what I had (but thank you to those who did get back to me and sent me my replays!). And I also always knew I could do better (as some of what's here is unrefined). Though now I kinda wish I'd just gone ahead and uploaded it a long time ago when the scene was still new, haha. Overall it's taken from both tournament and friendly matches (all in-person). Mostly from Sacramento, but not all.

Obviously I'd have more [recent] content for videos if I still played, but I stopped playing Brawl competitively probably about two year ago. Nowadays I mostly just hang out and play friendlies at our local TAG tournaments (though I still enjoy playing Melee competitively). But clearly I still enjoy it enough to post this! haha. I would say it's more about my like for Kirby than Brawl though, lol. Apart from the people/friends, he's definitely the main reason I like playing the game. He's just too awesome!

Please comment/rate, and first and foremost, enjoy! ^_^

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAPBrTkvGtc

Downloads:
High quality - 140 MB (.avi)
Standard quality - 82 MB (.avi)
PSP render - 24 MB (.mp4. Should work on other mobile devices as well)
(if you'd like another specific version let me know and I'll make it and add it to here)

Editing: DRGN

Programs used:
DGIndex (I used a DVD burner to record from the tv/console)
Avisynth
Adobe Photoshop CS3
Adobe Premiere Pro
VirtualDub

Codec: Xvid (great open-source codec that I found gives better results than DivX)

Triple R

Smash Lord
Thanks for the upload.

Yeah some of it was old, as expected, but there was some things in there I will keep in mind. Always fun to watch Kirby do stuff to people. Really enjoyed the vid.

DRGN

Technowizard
I'm not sure if you're referring to my video. Everything in there was in-person tournament and friendlies. :D

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
DRGN! i haven't heard/seen you in like 2 years! me and my buddy pulse went to yours and delphiki's place a few times with TC1 and them. good vid bro! i heard you quit a long time ago though

DRGN

Technowizard
Hey! Haha, yeah it has been a long time. I still see pulse now and then at the TAG tournaments. ^_^ And yeah, I'm pretty much retired from Brawl. Competitively that is; I'll still play it for fun now and then. Though I've been playing Melee competitively again for a while now. :) But it would have been a shame to never upload this. Plus I just like Kirby too much, lol.

Top Bottom