• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simplicity over complexity?

Do you prefer the characters ssbb version or the ssb4 version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kay kay

Just take the time to admire my signature
Ssb4 has a more unique cartoon-like design for all the veteran fighters.

All of the colors have been brightened and brushed over. Every bodies design has been 'simplified' in terms of fabric, color, and more.

I have heard people say that the impervious game, ssbb, was more detailed; and it was, but only partially.

If you look at this photo:

ssb4 ssbb

Zelda is completely brushed out in ssb4, everything about her is different. Her eyes are detailed, her crown, but their are parts that were simplified. Look at her necklace and her shoulder plates, eh?

Now Mario has also changed. Look at the right, his overall is very detailed. On the left, however, its just a solid color.

Now if you look at link:

Ssbb:

Vs Now:

We can see obvious change.

In terms of his outfit, in the previous game, it was very detailed. The same goes for now's design, only lighter and more flowy.

And look at his hair, you can see all the individually animated strands.

Well enough of that XD which do you prefer:

The complex mature version of characters in ssbb?

Or the simple lighter version of characters in ssb4?

NOTE: This is all just a matter of one's perspective over another's, do not let this become a flame war.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I prefer the new designs the Brawls ones were too realistic for some characters

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
I defiantly prefer smash 4 graphics because its seems to for the Nintendo universe were smash brawl was too realistic looking which i always thought was to make Snake fit better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom