• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simple SSS Customization Question.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
How do you alter the color of the ring that circles the stage preview on the Stage Select Screen? I've searched through the common5.pac and I seem to be constantly failing when it comes to finding the correct location that controls the color of it. I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but it's been bugging me lately.

S21urcle

Smash Rookie
sss-00.png

Do you mean the white border on each individual stage as seen as above?
If so, the white border is actually a part of the preview icon. You would have to change every stage icon's border color separately with an image editor.

If you mean the red border when you choose a stage, shown above as well, I wouldn't know...

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
Glad you asked! The rings are embedded in the icon texture itself. All the textures you'll need to edit are located here:

Just export out one of the icons, open it up in Photoshop (or GIMP), and use a fill color tool to make the white border any color you want. The end result will look like this:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
No, I'm specifically referring to the rotating circular disc that goes around the large preview window above the stage select menu. It's hard to see in that very blue picture, but if you change the background to another color, it's very apparent.

Top Bottom