• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simple Question

jacobpilawa

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering a couple things. I've loved Smash Bros for as long as I can remember, and I just now got into the competitive aspect. I play tournaments at my school, and in all honesty, I'm one of the best, but not always. I am just wondering what I can do to get better. What things should I practice? How should I train? None of my friends are that spectacular, and none of them know even the basics such as wave-dashing and L-canceling. I main with Marth if that helps at all.

TL;DR - How do beginners practice and what things should they work on?

Thanks.

Marmalad3

Smash Cadet
I would suggest posting on the Marth character discussion board. They can give you specifics on where a Marth main should start. But yeah, l-canceling, wave-dashing, and just knowing your character and how he moves is a generally good starting place.

GCS Gaming Customs

https://gcsgamingcustoms.storenvy.com
Spacing... tech skill isn't all too much help if your just dancing randomly across fd and constantly approaching/making bad choices...

Watch some Marth vids from some smaller names to see how players who aren't quite as good develop and incorporate their spacing game. Identify mistakes, and why they "get hit" (btw, if you want to win, all u gotta do is not get hit :)) instead of just checking out the really good guys, and just studying the tech skills and combo game of these gods. As a newer player, I doubt it will help much too watch M2k **** everyone on FD, instead try learning how they do it through studying some newer players like yourself, but those who are just a level ahead of you...

Top Bottom