• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simple question

Ilneva

Smash Rookie
I probably know the answer to this, but I will ask anyway. When a new game comes out such as Brawl, do you prefer to read as much as possible about it, or just the highlights of it before you get it? I know personally I like a game to have a little bit of a surprise to it when I play it.

What say you?

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
For this particular game, I just want the final roster to end fueled speculation and "leaking" once and for all.

Nasir

Smash Apprentice
Normally I would like to have suprises left when I play a new game, but with Brawl it's quite different. Not that I would want to know everything, but at least I want to know the character roster.

CAPTAIN BUTTS

Smash Cadet
KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE

While I would like a surprise, it's not an option. It'll be spoiled for me one way or another whether I like it or not. As such, I'm doing the logical thing and getting all obsessive and weird over it.

Ilneva

Smash Rookie
KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE

While I would like a surprise, it's not an option. It'll be spoiled for me one way or another whether I like it or not. As such, I'm doing the logical thing and getting all obsessive and weird over it.
Why is it not an option? I have a friend that likes to try to spoil games for me too, but I have learned to ignore him when he spouts off about a new game.

smash_lord1050

Smash Apprentice
for the game i just read highlights. thats about it. but when it come to techs i read it all. dont want to risk missing anything

Ilneva

Smash Rookie
for the game i just read highlights. thats about it. but when it come to techs i read it all. dont want to risk missing anything
I do the same thing. I try to avoid the articles about game play and what not, but I tend to be draw to the gameplay videos for some reason. Probably just as bad to do that as it is to read about the game more.

Genesai

Smash Apprentice
Well I will definately spoil the entire roster and all stages for myself, oh and items.

The only thing i don't want to spoil is how to unlock things and especially the SSE...that's the cherry ontop of the cake....i don't wana spoil that.\

Altho these little kids in my complex will proly spoil stuff for me even if i dont want it to be spoiled...
As soon as the japanese release even people who just learned about brawl when it came out, will know more about it than us, the people who have been following it from the start....ironic...

Ilneva

Smash Rookie
I too want the "real" roster, but I can contain myself until I get it. I like a little surprise in my day.

Top Bottom