• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simple question.

Jammer

Smash Lord
Nope. It saves to the onboard 512 megs of Flash, I believe. You need an SD card to take your gamesaves with you, or to store more than 512 MB.

If anyone else who actually owns a Wii has a different answer, please correct me.

Puppet Master

Smash Cadet
no you dont need one... an SD card for the Wii is kinda like an external harddrive for a computer...its just more space to store data...without an SD card, Brawl will save to your Wii's memory but you wont be able to transport your data elsewhere....not a big problem

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Nope. It saves to the onboard 512 megs of Flash, I believe. You need an SD card to take your gamesaves with you, or to store more than 512 MB.

If anyone else who actually owns a Wii has a different answer, please correct me.
I would say thats spot on. Also do note that you can't play anything from the SD card, such as games saves or virtual console games, but you should be able to access features files from the SD card that was developed with the program, for instance the pictures and video for Brawl.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
An SD card would be helpful for snapshots and the like, but for just a save file of the game, I'm sure the Wii's flash memory is enough.

Jammer

Smash Lord
Also do note that you can't play anything from the SD card, such as games saves or virtual console games, but you should be able to access features files from the SD card that was developed with the program, for instance the pictures and video for Brawl.
So I wasn't spot on...I was actually pretty far off...

jigedysmashmo

Smash Cadet
ya like they said...you can but its not nessacery, but i keep stuff such as virtual console games on an sd card just in case anything happens to my wii

Top Bottom