• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simple Pick and Ban app for Android

Yorsh

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys,

I made a very simple app; it just shows you which stages are available, and you can ban them by touching them.
You can select which stage you want as neutral pick or counter pick.

It can be helpfull for new players, when going to a foreign country, or simply if you want to make sure you don't forget any stage during the pick and ban phase.

After an idea of Aechhh, I also added a "set" tab, where you can ban stages as usual, but once you are done you can also pick one, by touching a stage for around half a second. Once the match is played, you can tell the app who won, so it will display the result at the top of the screen. This way you won't forget on which stage you played the first game (Note that it doesn't automatically ban stages you already won on from the counter pick list).

Download:
(use the google play link if you can)

Changelog:
v1.1:

• Added the "Set" tab.
  • Fixed a bug where the settings would not be saved properly.
  • Corrected the colors of the Town and City picture so it's a bit easier to make the difference with the Smashville's one.
  • Corrected some misspellings.
  • Added an option to show the name of the stage on top of the picture.
  • Made a Melee version.
  • Made a Smash 4 3DS version
v1.0:
  • Base version, smash 4 only.
Notes and questions:

More pictures.

There is a scrolling bar on the right in the settings, it's hard to see because for some reasons, the designers thought it would be a good idea to make the bar white and light grey on a white background by default. I will try to remember to change that next time I work on the app.

What about IOS ?
It looks like you have to buy an apple developer acount to be able to make IOS apps (correct me if I'm wrong), if it's the case I'm not doing it for now. If you have an account and want to port it to IOS, that would be awesome (you can download the sources in the download section).

What about Windows Phone ?
I actually have a windows phone myself, so I will do it. However, I can't make windows phone apps with windows 7, and I really don't want to upgrade it for now. Maybe I can do it using the computer of a friend or something, we will see.

What about Project M ?

/u/gamerpenguin asked me on reddit if he could make one for Project M, so I guess you will get one as well.

Can I Share / Reupload / Improve it ?
Yup.

Last edited:
Top Bottom