• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simon freaking Belmont

Caael

Smash Lord
Awesome sauce! Simon should, nay, will be in Brawl!

A moves: Shiz with the Vampire Killer
Forward Smash: Does the critical with the whip, which leaves a trail of flames.

B neutral: Dunno :|

Up B: Axe Simon throws an axe upwards, and when it reaches the peak of its range, he will jump up, catch it, and slam down. A bit like Aether for ike

B>: Cross. Simon throws a cross horizontally, that spins rapidly, and then returns him. He can have 2 going at once

Bv: Holy water Simon throws a pot down, which breaks, spilling holy water, which flows along the ground in a small pillar, doing light damage

Bacon: 1000 blades Simon stands in one place, and throws knives very rapidly in the direction he is facing. He cannot move about during the move, but you can change the direction, and aim it at up to 45 degrees.

Duuuude

Hong

The Strongest
Awesome sauce! Simon should, nay, will be in Brawl!

B neutral: Dunno :|

Up B: Axe Simon throws an axe upwards, and when it reaches the peak of its range, he will jump up, catch it, and slam down. A bit like Aether for ike

B>: Cross. Simon throws a cross horizontally, that spins rapidly, and then returns him. He can have 2 going at once

Bv: Holy water Simon throws a pot down, which breaks, spilling holy water, which flows along the ground in a small pillar, doing light damage

Bacon: 1000 blades Simon stands in one place, and throws knives very rapidly in the direction he is facing. He cannot move about during the move, but you can change the direction, and aim it at up to 45 degrees.

Duuuude
You left out the Griffon wing. It'd be perfect for his b-up. Axe would be the standard B, and just have more height the longer he holds it. His Final Smash would actually be the sacred Belmont technique: Grand Cross. Where they lift up into the air and a huge holy cruxis burns around them while they're completely invincible.

Sarcose

Smash Rookie
That's a misquote. He wants a small number of third party characters in, his quote saying specifically "two or three" but in the context of vagueness. There could be more.

Caael

Smash Lord
You left out the Griffon wing. It'd be perfect for his b-up. Axe would be the standard B, and just have more height the longer he holds it. His Final Smash would actually be the sacred Belmont technique: Grand Cross. Where they lift up into the air and a huge holy cruxis burns around them while they're completely invincible.
Of yeah! I totally forgot about them. I'll re-do it.

B neutral: He throws an axe upwards, at a 45 degree angle

Up B: Griffon Wing, which is basically a giant uppercut that launches him into the air.

Final Smash: Grand Cross ( That's what it's called in PoR) He floats in the air, with the image of a cross behind him, and smalled crosses spin around him, damaging anybody near him, and then white light engulfs the screen, damaging everybody slightly.

( I'm using the PoR version of the move, because it's cooler than the others)

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
The thing that ruins Simon's chances is that someone from Konami is already in Brawl :(
Simon was also on Sakurai's poll after the first trailer (revealing Snake) was released.
I personally don't think Sakurai cares if there's two Konami reps, especially since Simon is well...Simon. It doesn't get any better than him, personally.
I have only very little doubt in my mind that he will show up in Brawl, however I feel I will be crushed at the sight of him as an AT (I bet more than half of the thread just cringed).

Hong

The Strongest
Okay, I can give some better support now that I can think.

Simon Belmont (as well as MegaMan) are the only two third party characters on the list that actually helped build Nintendo. When I look at Sonic, I remember the old days of "GENESIS DOES WHAT NINTENDON'T!" While times have changed, I think those who have contributed to the cause are more worthy. Though at least SEGA pushed Nintendo to its limits, so I can give them credit for that.

But Simon Belmont was practically considered a Nintendo character back in the day, which is a honourable title for a third party entry. He established a series of high sales original games, most memorably to me Super Castlevania IV and then was the foundation for every Belmont (or Morris) there after. With the Belmont legacy, amazing games and much originality behind his back, I could never imagine a better choice. There is just too much to draw a moveset from! I mean, the Belmonts have over 20 weapons and abilities. It'd be a shame to not have them appear as a viable moveset. Sure, this can be said for nearly any character on the index. But Castlevania set a legacy long ago and has had more time to establish. Its characters, world and approach came before many of the same like.

In my opinion, Simon Belmont deserves a position above any other third party character.
Simon was also on Sakurai's poll after the first trailer (revealing Snake) was released.
I personally don't think Sakurai cares if there's two Konami reps, especially since Simon is well...Simon. It doesn't get any better than him, personally.
I have only very little doubt in my mind that he will show up in Brawl, however I feel I will be crushed at the sight of him as an AT (I bet more than half of the thread just cringed).
/shudder

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
Okay, I can give some better support now that I can think.

Simon Belmont (as well as MegaMan) are the only two third party characters on the list that actually helped build Nintendo. When I look at Sonic, I remember the old days of "GENESIS DOES WHAT NINTENDON'T!" While times have changed, I think those who have contributed to the cause are more worthy. Though at least SEGA pushed Nintendo to its limits, so I can give them credit for that.

But Simon Belmont was practically considered a Nintendo character back in the day, which is a honourable title for a third party entry. He established a series of high sales original games, most memorably to me Super Castlevania IV and then was the foundation for every Belmont (or Morris) there after. With the Belmont legacy, amazing games and much originality behind his back, I could never imagine a better choice. There is just too much to draw a moveset from! I mean, the Belmonts have over 20 weapons and abilities. It'd be a shame to not have them appear as a viable moveset. Sure, this can be said for nearly any character on the index. But Castlevania set a legacy long ago and has had more time to establish. Its characters, world and approach came before many of the same like.

In my opinion, Simon Belmont deserves a position above any other third party

character./shudder

Agreed. I think he deserves it more than Megaman and Sonic. He did get his start on the NES after all.

Stalinator

Smash Rookie
Yeah, SSBB needs a Castlevania fighter. Alucard is way more badass, but I doubt he'll make it, being playable in ONE Nintendo game (Dawn of Sorrow, DS), and his main game is on the Playstation.
Simon Belmont deserves a position above any other third party character.
Watch the Geno wishers come by and flame this topic. . .

Hong

The Strongest
Watch the Geno wishers come by and flame this topic. . .
Meh. I think Sakurai would be sensible enough to make an exception for Geno. I mean, Intelligent Systems didn't have any problems putting him in M & L. If Sakurai wanted to put Geno in, but then found out he was considered third party after inquiring Nintendo, would he honestly stop? Even though he said (roughly translated) that he'd only allow for a few more third party reps, he's not stupid or stubborn.

Edit - Besides, you left out "In my opinion,"

Stalinator

Smash Rookie
Meh. I think Sakurai would be sensible enough to make an exception for Geno. I mean, Intelligent Systems didn't have any problems putting him in M & L. If Sakurai wanted to put Geno in, but then found out he was considered third party after inquiring Nintendo, would he honestly stop? Even though he said (roughly translated) that he'd only allow for a few more third party reps, he's not stupid or stubborn.
Indeed, those are the last two words I would call Sakurai. As you say, I doubt Square would mind lending him again for one of the most hyped current gen games (Imagine Geno in Halo 3 :laugh:).

I take it he said a few more third party reps after the announcement of Snake? If so, we can see at least 3 or 4 more third party characters in the roster. Which means enough space for Simon Belmont and Geno. Hurray's all round!

Away from Geno, back on to the topic, is there a moveset out there for Simon? I've made a few moveset's, and am thinking of making a Castlevania fighter moveset (Soma Cruz moveset would be amazing), so it could save me possible work from doing this :).

Caael

Smash Lord
*cringes*

Nah, Dracula will show up as a Boss/AT. Or maybe Alucard as an AT.

courte

Smash Lord
first and foremost, i apologize for more than likely bringing this up again.

Unfortunately, i think we all see a problem with simon belmont's appearance in ssbb. The presence of Solid Snake. It would throw the games "balance" out of proportion. The same goes for the Fox team. Falco is mos def already in there, but would they put in wolf or krystal. If they choose crystal, thats 3 speedy characters, and if they choose wolf thats 3 male characters. The obvious solution would be include them all, as mario already has a hefty team. Being a nintendo franchise it's completely possible but still debateable. A rule of 3 has been seen around the internet as smash's golden rule but obviously it contradicts itself. Mario and zelda, and pokemon being prime examples. While some would argue that theyre exemptions bringing nintendo the most fame and fortune. Some people hope for some other type of fire emblem character and personally i'd be ecstatic for someone without a sword, and those in love with roy and marth might be scarred when they learn which of their lords will receive the new move list.

Nintendo is safe with its own characters but its the other franchises that present the problem. If both snake and simon, both konami owned characters, are in the game, then what of other third parties. when one exception is made then others will demand fair treatment. And if not, there will be some strive for equality and equilibrium. Two konami characters from different games, two sega characters from different games... who does sega have with as good a name as sonic. and which ever the other party or parties would be. Personally, i'm expecting to see the classic megaman and perhaps mmz zero.

but thats just my two cents

Mestro

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, SSBB needs a Castlevania fighter. Alucard is way more badass, but I doubt he'll make it, being playable in ONE Nintendo game (Dawn of Sorrow, DS), and his main game is on the Playstation. .

WRONG!

Alucard first appearance was in a NINTENDO game!

He first appeared in Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse!

and he was kinda a main char!

but, he also appeared in Aria Of Sorrow too, i remember when Yoko said to Soma at the beginning: "oh, so you met Aluca... i mean Genya Arikado" lol!

she says that!

well i think Simon has better chances!

ElvishSpirit

Smash Apprentice
Simon freaking Belmont would be so cool.

Just for the record - ALTERNATE COSTUMES!!!!

Trevor Belmont
Juste Belmont
Ricther Belmont
Johnathan Morris

Sadly, Alucard and Soma would not make good Alternates due to the fact they dont have whips......

Off-topic: I am starting to support Alternate Costumes, honestly. I honestly wouldnt even care anymore if Ness would be an Alternate, but I still would perfer him in as a seperate charater. Besides, alternate costumes give chances to the Doc, Roy, Pichu, and maybe even Raichu!

vesperview

Smash Hero
Simon freaking Belmont would be so cool.

Just for the record - ALTERNATE COSTUMES!!!!

Trevor Belmont
Juste Belmont
Ricther Belmont
Johnathan Morris

Sadly, Alucard and Soma would not make good Alternates due to the fact they dont have whips......

Off-topic: I am starting to support Alternate Costumes, honestly. I honestly wouldnt even care anymore if Ness would be an Alternate, but I still would perfer him in as a seperate charater. Besides, alternate costumes give chances to the Doc, Roy, Pichu, and maybe even Raichu!
Simon ain't Trevor nor Juste nor Richter nor Jonathan so NO! I'm sick of people thinking that anything can become an Alt, as if Yoshi could be Birdo or Fox could be Falco.

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
Simon ain't Trevor nor Juste nor Richter nor Jonathan so NO!
Belmonts are a family and game after game they're different physically, but moves, items, powers, etc. are always the same. That's the idea for alternative costumes.

I'm sick of people thinking that anything can become an Alt, as if Yoshi could be Birdo or Fox could be Falco.
Yoshi and Birdo has nothing in common just like Fox and Falco.

* cough * Peach w/ Daisy costume * cough *

WarxePB

Smash Ace
Nintendo is safe with its own characters but its the other franchises that present the problem. If both snake and simon, both konami owned characters, are in the game, then what of other third parties. when one exception is made then others will demand fair treatment. And if not, there will be some strive for equality and equilibrium. Two konami characters from different games, two sega characters from different games... who does sega have with as good a name as sonic. and which ever the other party or parties would be. Personally, i'm expecting to see the classic megaman and perhaps mmz zero.
Your logic is flawed.
Smash is a NINTENDO ALL-STARS game, key word "NINTENDO". He included Snake because of Kojima, and will probably be adding one or two more to appease the fans. But nowhere does it say that he HAS to add third-party characters. If he had to, then what would stop him from every developer under the sun asking to put character X or Y in?
Ultimately, it's up to Sakurai to add third-party characters, or any characters for that matter. He could choose to remove Snake and keep it Nintendo-only, if he really wanted to. The point is, Sakurai's not forced to do anything because of other developers. If he wants to keep the third-party character limited to Konami, and add in Simon Belmont, Bill Rizer from Contra or the frickin' Vic Viper from Gradius, what's gonna stop him? And as I said in another thread, since Sakurai has a working relationship with Kojima, if he wanted to add more Konami-owned characters in, they would probably sell the rights to him at a lower price than Megaman or Sonic.

Mar~

Smash Apprentice
Simon for Brawl will be great, he is cool and a classic personage of nes console.

But I know .. is very dificult in the reallity that will he appear u_ù

Dew!

Simon_Belmont

Smash Apprentice
Koji Igarashi (aka IGA), the current head of Castlevania, has said that he admires Kojima and Miyamoto in an interview...does this mean anything...?

Eggman

Smash Apprentice
Oh dear God, I PRAY that Simon will make it in. Heck, I'd love any CastleVanina character ('cept Soma and Alucard, who, though awesome, can't use the whip). Unfortunately, I think he'll just wind up being an AT.

Simon_Belmont

Smash Apprentice
Oh dear God, I PRAY that Simon will make it in. Heck, I'd love any CastleVanina character ('cept Soma and Alucard, who, though awesome, can't use the whip). Unfortunately, I think he'll just wind up being an AT.
Or not even be in the game...*shudder*

EDIT:
No. I like Bill gates, but it doesn't mean i'm gonna get a share of his money.
That is different. Very different. You are talking about a person you don't even have access to. Koji Igarashi and Hideo Kojima both work in the same company, although different divisions but they still are in the same company, just like when Sakurai worked in HAL and Miyamoto in some other division, but he (Miyamoto) still supervised Kirby's creation. Kojima and IGA are most probably friends of some kind, and it is a known fact that Kojima and Sakurai are friends as well (and you all know about the begging thing). So, given this fact, I think it is actually more possible for Simon to be in this game than many other third-party characters, save for Mega Man. I bet that IGA would love a character from his series to go up against characters from Kojima's and Miyamoto's series. And since Kojima and Sakurai are friends and Kojima works in the same company as IGA, I think he can get a bit of a discount for Simon's license. Just a bit of my opinion and some facts though. I won't bet on it, and neither should you.

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
i think it'd be awesome if he made it in, but with zamus we already have a whip-based moveset, so i don't know about his chances

Simon_Belmont

Smash Apprentice
i think it'd be awesome if he made it in, but with zamus we already have a whip-based moveset, so i don't know about his chances
That's like saying "since Link uses a sword no other sword-based character can get in". Also Simon's whip skills are superior to that of Samus. Samus also uses her whip in her special moves as well, but Simon would not. Idk tho.

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
Just out of curiosity, what incarnation of Simon would you prefer? The original, somewhat generic blonde one, or the more recent, bondage-queen dressed one with a very shiny belt?

Simon_Belmont

Smash Apprentice
Just out of curiosity, what incarnation of Simon would you prefer? The original, somewhat generic blonde one, or the more recent, bondage-queen dressed one with a very shiny belt?
I'd prefer his new-age bishie look. I mean come on...FLAMING RED HAIR, awesome barbaric, bestial yet dignified clothing...says it all.

Also that's not a bondage queen costume for the 39042754th time. It's just medieval costume. Medieval! Get it?!?! MEDIEVAL!LKAL!LAL!!1oneoneone!11~~~ If you want bondage queen, go check out Isaac from Curse of Darkness. Joking aside though, I don't see anything bondage-y about that costume. We can have his old look as an alt.

Sorry for the fanboyish moment back there though. :(

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
I´d say the hair is more pinkish.

And I´m sorry, but it seems very bondage-esque to me. Tight black leather, high heels, all accompanied by a whip...?

It´s not that I´m against it, and I´d actually prefer that look as well. Just sayin´.

Simon_Belmont

Smash Apprentice
I´d say the hair is more pinkish.
http://castlevania.armster.org/artbook/artbook09.jpg What did you say again? :p

And I´m sorry, but it seems very bondage-esque to me. Tight black leather, high heels, all accompanied by a whip...?
Tight black leather = Barbaric/medieval style. About the high heels, that's what most boots and shoes looked like back then. It was only the advent of the modern era that made high heels specific for women. And whip...you pervert... :p

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
Hellooo~~dead thread.

D: Todays update.
Stopwatch in the party-ball.
Could it be the sub-weapon stopwatch?

Sephiroth_Ultima

Smash Cadet
If Simon Belmont is in Brawl, which I desperately hope he will, Brawl will become what I love most out of life (nyehehehe). To be as classic-perfect as they seem to have made sonic, he would have to be a pretty slow and heavy character, probably more than Ike. For the sake of my fanboyism, his moveset should be something like this

B: Whip - Simon violently and quickly whips straight forward or in any direction you want. You can brandish it Super Castlevania IV style to annoy or destroy projectiles! WOW!!!

Smash B: Cross Boomerang - Simon throws the infamous cross-shaped-boomerang! It travels forward, spins on place for an instant and comes back! Nuff said.

Up B: That's where I wonder most. Simon never gets the Gravity Boots, Griffin's Wing or any item that make the other belmonts able to do that super-uppercut-jump, but screw that, let him have it anyways!!! if not, it would have to be the axe...what a recovery move, especially for a heavy and slow character....

Down B: Stopwatch or Holy water. Stopwatch would be similar to jigglypuff's sing attack: the range is rather small but not as much as sing's. That's interesting but boring, I think. Let's give him Holy water!
He throws it about 6 feet away from him on the floor, and the flame does like ness's PK fire OR it travels the ground AND does like PK fire.

There is also the craplaod of items and powerups from simons quest that are interesting but.... not as much as what lived on forever in the Castlevania Franchise, don't you think?

AND I think you have all noticed that classic gaming items that are in brawl as of now are extremely fidel to their original look (just look at the fire flower!) Thus, i highly doubt that today's watch is from castlevania cuz as far as I know, and i know pretty much everything about Castlevania, the Stopwatch has 99.9999% of the time been the old kind of watch with a cover and a cord.

I think its more the one from the original Zelda or from Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA) Ok it does have the exact same effect anyways but that's it.

Of course, unless you count the VC Castlevania IV release, Simon has been making less appearances in Castlevania Games in the latest years, his last ones being a secret playable character for boss rush mode in Harmony of Dissonance and being part of the ultimate Dual Crush in Portrait of Ruin.
I'd say Richter is now easily the most popular, being a boss and playable character in Portrait, having his godly games rereleased on the PSP just last week, etc, but SIMON is pure classic goodness, he is barbarianness made sexy, and don't forget this:

Aside from the couple of years where Nintendo only had the two horrible 3D games for the 64 while the playstation got Symphony and the PC-Engine got Rondo of Blood, all the other best Castlevania games where on nintendo platforms and are all classic.

Castlevania (SIMON YAY) / Simon's Quest (SIMON YAY)/ Dracula's Curse/ Castlevania Adventure/Belmont's Revenge/Castlevania Legends/Super Castlevania IV(SIMON YAY)/Castlevania Dracula X/
Circle of the Moon/Harmony of Dissonance (SIMON YAY)/Aria of Sorrow/Dawn of Sorrow/Portrait of Ruin (SIMON YAY)/ and now the most important part of the Castlevania timeline has been announced to be the third DS game soon. there ya go, Nintendo has had almost all of them.

Top Bottom