• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simon freaking Belmont

BobbyHobbes

Smash Rookie
personally, i'm kinda partial to Richter...then again, he did become such a wuss in Symphony that androgynous pretty-boy Alucard had to save his hide

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, you have to understand that if any Belmont got in, they would all use the same moves just because there are only so many places to get moves from. The only Belmonts/Morrises who aren't strictly uniform in their Whip/Knife/Holy Water/Cross/Axe monopoly are really the New Johnathan Morris(Extra Subweapons and ties to Charlotte), Richter Belmont(For his Super articulation in his moves, and for the addition of Item Crashes), and Juste(For That whole Magic book System). Any other Belmont (Including Simon) would basically use the usual moves, and then steal from Richter to pad out the moveset.

And for the record, here's a list of all of the (normal) Belmont Subweapons:

Holy Water: Crashes on the ground, makes fire (Item Crash makes it rain over the entire screen)
Knife: Throws one two or three knives forewards (Item Crash causes an extreme knife barage foreward)
Axe: Throw one axe in an upward arc (Crash varies, Usually makes Axes fly in several directions)
Cross: Goes foreward and then back like a boomerang, usually the strongest (Crash is usually a "pillar of light" or "Cross-shaped light")
Crystal: Introduced in CV2. Bounces on the walls and ricochets around. Renamed "Ricochet Rock" in Portrait of Ruin. (Item Crash: ?)
Bible: Introduced for Rondo of Blood. Causes a Bible to fly around in a spiral. (Item Crash: ?)
Ashes: Technically one of Alucard's, but Richter used it in the extra mode of SOTN. Basically Holy Water. (Crash: ?)
Key: Another Rondo thing. You used them to unlock doors. Otherwise useless (Item Crash: Richter makes his Item Crash noise. Then looks confused)
Bomb: Only for one of the editions of "Haunted Castle." I don't really know what it does.
Laurels: Another HC thing, I don't know.
Boomerang: again, HC, but also used in the Genesis "Bloodlines" title. Basically, a boomerang, usually in an effort to censor the Cross.
Stopwatch: A mainstay. Stops time for a couple seconds. Replaced in PoR by one of Charlotte's spells, and is oftentimes completely absent.

T-major

Smash Champion
1-Soma
2-Alucard
3-Simon

What do you think!? FTW!
I don't know... I find Simon to be a more worthy rep for CastleViania then the other two. I havn't played any games with Alucard, so I can't say anything about him. I do know that Soma is new, and wouldn't be that recognisable to the retro CV gamers. to my knowledge Simon has been in the most CastleVainia games out of all CV characters. so he would represent the majority.

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
<.< Dude Soma's the one that brought back Casltevania some where there has to be a alot of people even retro guys that know him

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
<.< Dude Soma's the one that brought back Casltevania some where there has to be a alot of people even retro guys that know him
Umm... Okay. Yes, Soma has become a very popular new character, but he didn't "Get Castlevania somewhere." Castlevania already WAS somewhere. Soma just had a good game in after a relatively not so good one (Harmony of Dissonance dropped the ball) and became one of the few to make 2 CV games. It's sort of short sighted to imply that Soma somehow "Saved" CV, especially when you compare him to the character that started Castlevania (Simon) or the character that really DID save Castlevania (Alucard, Say what you will, SotN is why CV is still a force to be reckoned with, and why the games are still made the way they are). Soma is a good character, and took the series in an interesting direction, but keep in mind that as a character, he's almost a stone-cold copy of Alucard, in a game that still draws heavily from the Metroidvania formula started by SotN (Or, more specifically, popularized by SotN. Technically CV2 for the NES is speaking the first "Metroidvania," and the Metroid games of course did it first). I still love the Sorrow games, but I'd prefer not to raise them on a pedestal when they might not deserve it. Soma is important, but certainly not more important the Simon or Alucard.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
dot got it.

The style of sandbox gameplay was coined "Castleroids" or "Metroidvania" due to the Metroid and Castlevania games (Symphony and Super, to name the best of the two) pioneering the exploration and advancement system.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Never played Symphony of the Night (only had a PSX for a year or so...), but Super Metroid is still my favorite of that series. I kinda miss the pre-Metroidvania design for Castlevania... Castlevania III and Super Castlevania IV were great. And I'd kill for the chance to play Dracula X: Rondo of Blood. Oh well... but yeah, ...! nailed it, but I think Simon's chances are greater than Alucard's, seeing how his crowning achievement was not on a Nintendo platform. Besides, what's Castlevania without a Belmont anyway?

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Never played Symphony of the Night (only had a PSX for a year or so...), but Super Metroid is still my favorite of that series. I kinda miss the pre-Metroidvania design for Castlevania... Castlevania III and Super Castlevania IV were great. And I'd kill for the chance to play Dracula X: Rondo of Blood. Oh well... but yeah, ...! nailed it, but I think Simon's chances are greater than Alucard's, seeing how his crowning achievement was not on a Nintendo platform. Besides, what's Castlevania without a Belmont anyway?
Exactly, QFT as it were.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
I agree, Simon is the best choice for a castlevania character (with Alucard a close second). HOWEVER, I have one concern about adding Simon Belmont. I don't want him to look like this

Seriously, what the hell? Cover the left side of him and he looks okay, like he's wearing his traditional suit of badass leather armor. But cover the RIGHT side, and he looks like he's in some kinda dominatrix outfit.
Now, maybe I'm just being petty, but at least half of this outfit scares me. If Simon gets into Brawl, does he have to look like this?

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
A Castlevania character deserves to be in more than Solid Snake.... (WTF? Solid Snake!? KONAMI!! what happened! Castlevania has more success in Nintendo games! MGS games are less in Nintendo World, Please common sense!) Castlevania Has the "Nintendo" logo in his back... :cool:

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
That's more or less his new look, which I don't mind too much (and it looks MUCH better in-game), but I would like for his CVII armor to be his alternative outfit.

Now what Castlevania tune do you think would best fit his stage: Vampire Killer (CV), Bloody Tears (CVII), Theme of Simon (Super CVIV), or something else?

GenG

Smash Lord
For me, VK as main and BT as the alternate. I absolutely love Wicked Children, such an underrated piece but they've never put it in another game, what a shame.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Wicked Child is most definently an awesome track, though my personal fave (aside from the 3 I mentioned above) is Heart of Fire, which was incorporated into Julius' theme in Aria of Sorrow. But yeah, VT as the main and BT as the alternate is the most plausible outcome, though I would like for ToS to be incorporated somehow...

Mestro

Smash Journeyman
My fav song is Bloody Tears but Vampire Killer is THE castlevania song so VK is the main an BT the alternate

Arthvader

Smash Cadet
Yhea, you got a point there Mestro.

Also, Simon would really make a great addition to BRAWL

BTW have any of you ever decided on a stage for simon? I bet you guy's didn't

here's what i'm thinking for a level for simon:
The Colliseum(SotN); The Abyss (AoS)

Have any other level ideas for simon's level?

Mestro

Smash Journeyman
or why not the outside part of the castle. The one in Nes where you hit the candles for items and then you enter to the castle

This one:

Arthvader

Smash Cadet
How this place from Portrait of ruin:

just add a couple of platforms and also add some crows and it would be great.

Ronin686

Smash Ace
I'd LOVE to see some castlevania recognition! Although personally, my favorite protagonist from the series is Alucard. Simon Belmont would own too though.

Mestro

Smash Journeyman
Hey! we never talked about Simon-Kirby, I think it should be Kirby w/a whip, and maybe simon's armor? what do you think?

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
The Castlevania stage in Dreammix TV was outside Drac's Castle, not really from any specific game, but it was in the courtyard with a lot of platforms to leap around, torches to break for goodies, and bats buzzing around your heads. It also played a very awesome mix of Bloody Tears for the bg music ;)

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
The Castlevania stage in Dreammix TV was outside Drac's Castle, not really from any specific game, but it was in the courtyard with a lot of platforms to leap around, torches to break for goodies, and bats buzzing around your heads. It also played a very awesome mix of Bloody Tears for the bg music ;)
Yes! That stage it's here...

(head for the "Bomberman rules!" vid)
http://media.cube.ign.com/media/606/606418/vids_1.html

And it's awesome! I like it a little bigger only.

Mestro

Smash Journeyman
What do you think? the stage from Dream Mix or the outside castle? don't you think Simon's cross it's too big?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Konami allready has a character so that makes him very unlikely. Sega, Capcom, Namco, Hudson, Ubisoft and Square Enix all need a first character before Konami gets a second.

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
Yeah!!! But seriously, Castlevania is the number one third party character, 'cause it has a LOT more Exclusive Nintendo games that anyone else. It MUST be:

-Simon Belmont/Soma Cruz (Castlevania)
-Sonic
-MegaMan
-BomberMan

NO more pichu-marth-roy-toad-geno-olimar-jiglypuff anoying characters. PERIOD.

Arthvader

Smash Cadet
you got a point therre Eight Sage, castlevania has a lot more exclusive nintendo games than anyone else.

BTW, SIMON BELMONT for BRAWL!!

TheBig_N

Smash Rookie
I'M HAPPY!! 'Cause I'm seeing some Justice in all this third party char thing.
Eight Sage It must be as you say, No one will disagree with you.
Simon or Soma, they deserve a place.

Top Bottom