• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SilentSlayers' SSB64 TASes

SilentSlayers

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to put all my TASes here with YouTube links. (PUN)

Link on Link Combo 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHsCV3oYiOk

Notes: Yes, it's short and somewhat simple, but two parts required frame-precision and my video description on YouTube sums up why I like it.

If this is in the wrong place, I apologize. I remember some other TASer having a topic like this.

SilentSlayers

Smash Journeyman
No it wasn't. Neither was asking if it was necessary. Lol jk. I thought his voice was funny, and maybe you'll see more frames or how close it was to connecting etc. *shrug*.

SilentSlayers

Smash Journeyman
I thought slow mo made the combo much better since I could see the parts that need TAS more easily
Did you notice the tiny bit of walking at the end? That extra distance was necessary, and a full pivot would not have worked by cancelling it at the edge.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Didn't see that until you pointed it out. Nice walk -> fsmash haha

I think there's a lot of cool stuff like this that goes unnoticed in videos. Someone may not immediately realize how hard something is by looking at it. Or I know that in my combo video for example there are some parts that crack me up but I doubt anyone else notices.

So anyway thanks for pointing that out and I at least will encourage you to continue pointing out the little things.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I'm going to put all my TASes here with YouTube links. (PUN)

Link on Link Combo 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHsCV3oYiOk

Notes: Yes, it's short and somewhat simple, but two parts required frame-precision and my video description on YouTube sums up why I like it.

If this is in the wrong place, I apologize. I remember some other TASer having a topic like this.
Needs more rangs.

JK mang, nice combo. The last few hits seem really odd for some reason though...think i said this about one of ballins videos too but i couldn't place why it was.

Maybe it's just awkward to see because the style is NEVER used in combat (expect by Malva which is why I loves his games and am so intrigued by them)

The more i watch it the more i realize it's just the Uair-->Nair thats trippin me out lol.

The sound the sword attacks make when they hit (except the end Fsmash) is so devastating

Also makes me question why does SSB have such random effects when people get hit...like the blue star thingy that comes up...waah

TANK64

Smash Lord
I think there's a lot of cool stuff like this that goes unnoticed in videos. Someone may not immediately realize how hard something is by looking at it. Or I know that in my combo video for example there are some parts that crack me up but I doubt anyone else notices.
I hate that so much.
Ridiculous Luigi combo= "ehh cool"
Easy Fox combo= "wow, great combo, looks so fast and cool"
-___-
I suppose there's no way to avoid it though, as it is very hard sometimes to notice tiny things without them being pointed out (for any char).

nice combo btw SS.

Battlecow

Play to Win
So point 'em out in the descrip. It ain't hard.

Just be more like RICKY with dem weegee combos ;)

Sangoku

Smash Master
^
Given the youtube comments (people saying they could do it without tas), you really should specify the tricky parts in the description. Just my opinion.

SilentSlayers

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the advice guys, you're all right! Cheers.

Edit: I'm kind of annoyed by people's misconception of TAS Combos. They think if they don't have ridiculous TAS-only aspects to it they aren't good, and they think they have to be extremely long with high% and hits. It's the ideas and uniqueness that matter. And I hate when people think they can do something that they see on a TAS in non-TAS when they're wrong. It just comes off as ignorant and cocky to me. Ah well.

Top Bottom