• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Silent Wolf vs GenesisFTW Vids.

These were some friendlies recorded 8/4/07. Some were part of a set, some were before the set. Fun matches.

The 3/5 Set:

Match 1 - Fox Ditto - Stadium:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYgmyb4rGLI

Match 2 - Fox Ditto - FD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPMcIVto00A

Match 3 - Fox Ditto - Dream Land:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wv4EceDsCQ

Match 4 - Fox Ditto - Stadium:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4xJ0R6xjY4

Match 5 - Fox Ditto - FD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIyUkxCd5vk

A Few Extra Friendlies:

Silent Wolf (Falco) vs Genesis (Fox) - FD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMt_yPWvkSg

Silent Wolf (Fox) vs Genesis (Fox) - Yoshi's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJK3lVRkp9Q

I think I will be posting matches of me vs Lunaris quite soon. They should be very good.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Silent Wolf fanboys, UNITE! YOU R REALLY FAST!!!

Haha, for real though good stuff! You are an inspiration to many smashers to take there game to the next level, awww yeah!

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Silent Wolf Matches are the best. Although, it looks like someone has a better shine spike game... (Wolf has a much better edgeguarding game overall though). God, i need to work on my thunder's comboing. Keep the vids coming SW!

Oskurito

Smash Lord
You make me want to fox ditto someone... your turn around waveshines impressed me a lot and I like your combos. Do more dair pillar because it's harder ^^

SCOTU

Smash Hero
no. Do more Dair Pillar because it's better. (or rather it's harder to counterattack. Bair pillar does the most shield damage, and Nair pillar has the least lag upon landing.)

Oskurito

Smash Lord
no. Do more Dair Pillar because it's better. (or rather it's harder to counterattack. Bair pillar does the most shield damage, and Nair pillar has the least lag upon landing.)
I mean when he's just show offing with turn around waveshines and -air pillars, of course dair pillar is better I do it all the time

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
wow nice those matches were extremely entertaining
quoted for being the person i chose to target for stating the same thing 3 more pages of people are gonna say.

SW i wish i could play you man. im not nearly as technically good but i want to see how id do anyway.

btw just making sure u dont take this as a bash. i love ur fox mad entertaining to watch.

Nata

Smash Apprentice
Too great..both the foxes are impressive
Ur fox is just to fast...u got the invisible fingers xD

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Great matches! Your and Genesis' Foxes are awesome. That's why those vids are awesome. You guys are waaay out of my league. Videos like these remind me of why I main Fox and practice with him so rigorously. Say, how long did it take for you two to get that good?

Genesis FTW

Smash Apprentice
Great matches! Your and Genesis' Foxes are awesome. That's why those vids are awesome. You guys are waaay out of my league. Videos like these remind me of why I main Fox and practice with him so rigorously. Say, how long did it take for you two to get that good?
I have been playing for 7 and a half months, since december of last year, but its not about how long youve been playing the game, its about how much you are playing the game.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I've been playing this game since October 06, but I've only gone to tournaments starting in mid April 07. So congrats on getting that good in such short time.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Thanks, i still got a LONGGGG way to go to get nearly as good as silent wolf though.
mmm you live in burnaby. i used to live there. hi this is zhu. you got to play a friend of mine (Falcomist) in pools :D. i didn't get to play you though T_T. if i visit canada i'll be sure to drop by!

and nice matches. i'm still loving those reverse shines across the stage. that **** looks cool as hell.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Silent wolf i liek ur fox

Genesis how come u play so good now! I didnt see any of this Fox madness back in January!

kids these days.

fox these days.

Genesis FTW

Smash Apprentice
mmm you live in burnaby. i used to live there. hi this is zhu. you got to play a friend of mine (Falcomist) in pools :D. i didn't get to play you though T_T. if i visit canada i'll be sure to drop by!

and nice matches. i'm still loving those reverse shines across the stage. that **** looks cool as hell.
Yeah i watched some of your matches, i was a fan of happy feet, i really like the phantasm stall edge guarding, too good. Come to burnaby, that would be sweet.

Silent wolf i liek ur fox

Genesis how come u play so good now! I didnt see any of this Fox madness back in January!

kids these days.

fox these days.
Lol, i sucked back then Carl, well, i still suck, but at least i dont suck as much now lol.

I amplify his gameplay.
He speaks the truth, whenever he watches me play or we play against each other i feel my fox play alot fast and alot better, i feed off of him. I can't wait till we end up teaming together...hopefully that amplification remains the same.

Vro

Smash Lord
The first falco I saw was Bombsolider. I thought it was scary how fast he was. I also thought they were using AR in multiplayer. SilentWolf, you have only confirmed that.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
I have been playing for 7 and a half months, since december of last year, but its not about how long youve been playing the game, its about how much you are playing the game.
Wait, are you saying like how hard you play and practice? Because what you said and what I said kinda feels the same meaning. :ohwell:

I've been playing since 2 years after Melee was made, but that was when I was a noob...I started doing the more advanced stuff late last year. It's too bad there are't many good opponents in my area. :ohwell:

P.S: again, you and SW rock!...FastLikeTree rocks too. ;)

Genesis FTW

Smash Apprentice
Wait, are you saying like how hard you play and practice? Because what you said and what I said kinda feels the same meaning. :ohwell:

I've been playing since 2 years after Melee was made, but that was when I was a noob...I started doing the more advanced stuff late last year. It's too bad there are't many good opponents in my area. :ohwell:

P.S: again, you and SW rock!...FastLikeTree rocks too. ;)
I thought you meant like, how many months ive been in the competitive scene, all i was saying is it doesnt matter if youve been in the scene for 5 years and played an hour a week. If someone whos been in it a year and plays 2 hours a day. They'll be better then you. It's all about how much time you put into the game.

Thanks for your comments, where do you live by the way?

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Genesis vs Manli Fox ditto mawneeh match, $5-$20 =]

SW officially waveshines the fastest I've ever seen.

Also, otto, do you find it easier to JCshine with Fox or Falco? I can't do it with falco anymore =O

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I thought you meant like, how many months ive been in the competitive scene, all i was saying is it doesnt matter if youve been in the scene for 5 years and played an hour a week. If someone whos been in it a year and plays 2 hours a day. They'll be better then you. It's all about how much time you put into the game.

Thanks for your comments, where do you live by the way?
Not that i know what I'm talking about, but i'd say the person who's been playing competitively for 5 years has the advantage. They'll have a much wider range of experience, and probably have a better mental game. I say this mainly since many of the big names over here in MI, don't play very much, but they used to play a lot more a long time ago, but rarely do anymore, but still own the newer players that play much more/ month.

Also, otto, do you find it easier to JCshine with Fox or Falco? I can't do it with falco anymore =O
I don't really do that fast ones in fights. I dont like sliding my thumb from Y to B so i just dont try those. i find it easier to JC sines with falco. i dont really try it with fox enough though.

Genesis FTW

Smash Apprentice

I accept. figure out amount later.

You raise a good point scotu, i think in the end it really matters how they spent their time practicing and who with. I was just saying, with practice comes skill.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
All I was saying is that with experience comes skill.

btw, Does that make me better at jc shines than SW?!?

Haha, you probably are better at them, I haven't given Foxes much time. I'll get them down better eventually :p

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
i'm surprised no one new has pointed out how much of an *** i apparently am (you know what i'm talking abuot, gen LOL) well genesis i've talked to you about your awesomeness a bunch already. and silent wolf, you're too technical man it's crazy. you guys should post more if you have more. i still need to watch those extra friendlies

SCOTU

Smash Hero
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=112242

Any of you awesome foxen want to rate my vids? I'm no Wolf, and I need help. SW's thread is attracting much better attention than mine (since it's SW's, duh) and I was hoping that some of you strong fox players wouldn't mind taking a minute to help me out. Thanks in advance, as I haven't gotten much advice yet.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
I accept. figure out amount later.

You raise a good point scotu, i think in the end it really matters how they spent their time practicing and who with. I was just saying, with practice comes skill.
Why not an even $20? =] I wanted to do it last night, but then John came. Good luck at gameclucks, man.
i'm surprised no one new has pointed out how much of an *** i apparently am (you know what i'm talking abuot, gen LOL) well genesis i've talked to you about your awesomeness a bunch already. and silent wolf, you're too technical man it's crazy. you guys should post more if you have more. i still need to watch those extra friendlies
We know you mean well. I play Fox =]

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=112242

Any of you awesome foxen want to rate my vids? I'm no Wolf, and I need help. SW's thread is attracting much better attention than mine (since it's SW's, duh) and I was hoping that some of you strong fox players wouldn't mind taking a minute to help me out. Thanks in advance, as I haven't gotten much advice yet.
Lawl i suck at fox. I will definitely go czech that out.

Top Bottom