• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sigma Busters (Name Pending): Official Discussion Thread

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I did a bit of brainstorming regarding the last few posts you made.

First off, the new concept for Vespa is so different, that it may as well be a brand-new character. I said as much before, but I think both ideas are distinct enough to exist on their own.

I think Vespa could keep the bee/honey pot ant design and remain as the more rotund of the two characters. You could even reincorporate some light sumo elements back into the moveset. Overall, though, I think her design would lend itself quite well to being Sigma Buster's equivalent to a :ultkingdedede: type of character. With that in mind, I will again advocate for giving her a honey dipper inspired stave/rod to use as a weapon. We could probably give her multiple jumps to actually get some use out of the wings, but like Dedede, these would be kind of slow. If you'll allow it, this angle kind of inspired me to try my hand at a moveset write up for her.

1726115627321.png

As for the pickaxe wielder, I feel like that'd be better suited to a different character. Maybe something based another animal known for actively burrowing/digging like the mole or armadillo (this one in particular would be good for rolling moves where they "become" the boulder). That or a sentient rock/mineral species.

For the cicada idea specifically, I still think you could incorporate some geode/crystal elements. You mentioned wanting to do a KR/PR inspired character. If you recall, one of my first designs for Weevle was inspired by Kamen Rider. So, I decided to revisit and repurpose that design.

Geodes are hollow right? I thought of taking the idea in a different direction by making this character still loosely cicada inspired, with a KR suit of armor serving as the "geode." The crystals in this instance are on the outside, serving as decoration, additional armor, and weaponry in the case of the studded knuckles on her gloves.

To keep the armored front, weaker back gimmick, I went with an open back on her suit. This exposes her wings so she can actually use them for her jumps and up special, but also serve as a weak point as her wings (and exposed back) are fragile and open to attack.

You could also play into the KR inspiration further by using a particular gem to slot into her belt to serve as the means of "transforming"/summoning her armor. The KR inspiration is also a better fit overall imo for incorporating the gems and sound-based attacks for the cicada side if things since she'd no longer be tied strictly to the "earth" theming. Some of that could still be there, but like this and og Vespa, I think the big pickaxe wielder could more comfortably take up that mantle.

And I didn't forget that your mention of KR involved one that wields a gun and katana. There are usually multiple heroes in tokusatsu/sentai stuff so I don't think having multiple or at least one more would hurt. In this case, the concept I came up with plays more into the insect side of things by making a male counterpart with four arms for dual wielding a pair of tanto and laser pistols in each pair of hands. The crest on his helmet is based on the Japanese stag beetle.

All of this is rough concepts as always though. Let me know what you think about these as possible directions for the characters.

sigbusconcepts27.png

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Master

First off, the new concept for Vespa is so different, that it may as well be a brand-new character. I said as much before, but I think both ideas are distinct enough to exist on their own.

I think Vespa could keep the bee/honey pot ant design and remain as the more rotund of the two characters. You could even reincorporate some light sumo elements back into the moveset. Overall, though, I think her design would lend itself quite well to being Sigma Buster's equivalent to a :ultkingdedede: type of character. With that in mind, I will again advocate for giving her a honey dipper inspired stave/rod to use as a weapon. We could probably give her multiple jumps to actually get some use out of the wings, but like Dedede, these would be kind of slow. If you'll allow it, this angle kind of inspired me to try my hand at a moveset write up for her.

View attachment 394214

As for the pickaxe wielder, I feel like that'd be better suited to a different character. Maybe something based another animal known for actively burrowing/digging like the mole or armadillo (this one in particular would be good for rolling moves where they "become" the boulder). That or a sentient rock/mineral species.

For the cicada idea specifically, I still think you could incorporate some geode/crystal elements. You mentioned wanting to do a KR/PR inspired character. If you recall, one of my first designs for Weevle was inspired by Kamen Rider. So, I decided to revisit and repurpose that design.

Geodes are hollow right? I thought of taking the idea in a different direction by making this character still loosely cicada inspired, with a KR suit of armor serving as the "geode." The crystals in this instance are on the outside, serving as decoration, additional armor, and weaponry in the case of the studded knuckles on her gloves.

To keep the armored front, weaker back gimmick, I went with an open back on her suit. This exposes her wings so she can actually use them for her jumps and up special, but also serve as a weak point as her wings (and exposed back) are fragile and open to attack.

You could also play into the KR inspiration further by using a particular gem to slot into her belt to serve as the means of "transforming"/summoning her armor. The KR inspiration is also a better fit overall imo for incorporating the gems and sound-based attacks for the cicada side if things since she'd no longer be tied strictly to the "earth" theming. Some of that could still be there, but like this and og Vespa, I think the big pickaxe wielder could more comfortably take up that mantle.

And I didn't forget that your mention of KR involved one that wields a gun and katana. There are usually multiple heroes in tokusatsu/sentai stuff so I don't think having multiple or at least one more would hurt. In this case, the concept I came up with plays more into the insect side of things by making a male counterpart with four arms for dual wielding a pair of tanto and laser pistols in each pair of hands. The crest on his helmet is based on the Japanese stag beetle.

All of this is rough concepts as always though. Let me know what you think about these as possible directions for the characters.

View attachment 394215
I like all these ideas, though the strong up from weak in back should still be used on Vespa since that's her balancing gimmick for her strong kit, the KR fighter would work better as a stance changer. While you do your rework, another rework I was going to make was for Kalin's kit, mainly fixing the kinks since I feel her kit is pretty solid. Though I think it would be cool that on top of electricity powers, her Plasma Shot neutral special can transition from a purely electrical attack to a ball of atomic energy, fitting her scientist aesthetic. I feel this can flesh out her character gimmick and add a sort of progression as she transitions from attacking with static electricity to raw plasma to nuclear energy. Her latent nuclear abilities could also be used for her Hypermax Attacks, particularly one based on Hero's Magic Burst and Vegeta's Final Flash, minus the whole self-destruct drawback. Overall, you are a great help on this project so far, and with you back to a regular schedule, I could start working in depth on Aremi, I've been preparing a lot of the background systems for her.

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
Archetype - Zoner
Gimmick - Static Meter

• When Kalin is moving, or she successfully used her down special, Pulse Barrier, she builds up kinetic energy, this kinetic energy fills up a meter separate from the Hyper Meter called the Static Meter. The more she moves, the more she fills the Static Meter with points. The Static Meter fills up to 50 points.
  • When not moving, Kalin will lose 1 point a second in the Static Meter, as that potential energy gets lost. Additionally, when she gets hit, she will lose 5 points in the Static Meter.
  • Kalin can use the Static Meter to enhance her neutral special, Tesla Shot, making it more powerful. The logistics of such a process will be detailed in the moveset section.
  • Kalin normally has 2 jumps, like most characters in the game, however she can spend 10 points in the Static Meter to gain a third, more floaty jump. Kalin can also glide by levitating in the air by pressing up while airborne, slowing her descent at the cost of doubling the consumption of her Static Meter.
Intended Strengths -
  • A character intended to have a high skill cap, she is capable of performing several complex maneuvers when you master her, giving her some of the best mobility in the game.
  • Tesla Shot is a powerful primary weapon for Kalin to have, transitioning from a solid method to rack up damage to a large kill move.
  • Unique movement options make her very slippery to hit.

Intended Weaknesses -
  • Since she needs to move to build the Static Meter, she can have some incredibly erratic movement at times, making her somewhat hard to control.
  • She lacks powerful kill options outside a charged Telsa Shot and a few other moves.
  • May be too complex to use properly.

Planned Stats: (Give a letter grade from E- to A+)
Walk Speed -
B-
Running Speed - B-
Traction - B+
Jump Height - B-
Air Acceleration - B+
Fall Speed - B-
Weight - B-

Ground Moves:
Jab -
Teslaglove - With her palm out, Kalin unloads a continuous jolt of electricity. In terms of raw power this is one of weakest jabs, but is also one of the quickest in the game.
Forward Tilt - Lightning Hook - Using her mechanical arm, Kalin socks the opponent with a forward hook, can spike grounded opponents.
Up Tilt - Neuron Bash - An upwards headbutt, with the nodes in her head dealing extra electrical damage.
Down Tilt - Electric Floor - Kneeling, Kalin charges the floor with electricity, in exchange for impressive range, this attack only attacks grounded opponents.
Back Tilt - Frayed Volts - Some stray bolts of electricity attacks the foe from behind, quite a quick move with some good knockback, making up for low raw damage.
Dash Attack - Electric Slide - Kalin performs a sliding kick (Ala Mega Man's slide) with her boot dealing the most damage due to being electrically charged.

Charge Attacks:
Side Charge - Gigawatt Punch -
A charged punch performed with Kalin's mechanical arm, seething in blue lightning, a slow but powerful charge attack.
Up Charge - Brainblast - Kalin's nodes blast electricity upwards, only hitting foes above, luckily it is quite powerful.
Down Charge - Crackling Storm - A thunderbolt creates an electrical burst around Kalin to attack both sides.

Aerials:
Neutral Air - Shock Field -
Kalin conjures an electric field around herself, making a short-ranged attack with good speed.
Forward Air - Tesla Orb - A short ranged electric projectile gets launched forward from her palm, giving Kalin a ranged aerial, a rarity among the cast.
Up Air - Head Rush - An upwards thrust using Kalin's head, using the coils to zap anyone that hits her head.
Down Air - Lightning Stomp - A downward kick gets performed, one that speeds up Kalin's descent (thought it is not a stall and fall), the boot is where the attack is the strongest at it can spike.
Back Air - Bolted Kick - A backwards kick, with lightning charged throughout, like the previous move the boot of the attack is the strongest.

Grabs:
Pummel - Zap Clasp -
Several electrical volts get charged into the opponent, damaging them.
Forward Throw - Arching Thunder - A strong over the shoulder swing that launches foes diagonally forward, a good kill throw.
Down Throw - Electron Press - Kalin uses electrically enhanced strength to bury the opponent, good to combo into her Electric Floor attack.
Back Throw - Power Pulse - Kalin propels the opponent backwards with an electric blast.
Up Throw - Thunderdriver - Kalin tosses the foe upwards before a lightning bolt crahses the foe back to the floor.

Specials:
Neutral Special - Tesla Shot
-
A unique projectile that is linked to the Static Meter:
  • Tesla Shot - Level 1 - At 20 units or lower, Kalin will shoot weak electrical shocks that function as weak but quick projectiles. These projectiles don't do any knockback but are great at racking up damage.
  • Tesla Shot - Level 2 - Between 20 and 40 units Kalin can dispense her Static Meter to shoot a powerful arrow of electricity. This arrow can pierces through walls and stuns opponents that get hit by the arrow.
  • Tesla Shot - Level 3 - Between 40 and 50 units, Kalin will shoot a spreadshot of electrical nodes, while not the strongest of her shots these nodes cover the most area, being launched in a cone.
  • Tesla Shot - Level 4 - A giant orb of lightning gets shot, and is among the strongest attacks in the game in terms of raw damage and knockback, it is Kalin's primary kill move. The main weaknesses of this attack is that it is slow and has short range.
  • Neutral Hyper - Tesla Shot + - If her Static Meter isn't filled, enhancing the move will upgrade her to the next level of the move (If Kalin has enough power to use a Level 3 Tesla Shot and uses some meter, she can shoot a Level 4 Tesla Shot.) If she has a maxed out Static Meter, Kalin can enhance it further by making the projectile fast and longer ranged.
Side Special - Kinetic Nodes - Kalin launches a trio of nodes in the air, she can then press the special button again to pause them in place and create an electrical net, each node linking to each other with electricity, good for setplay and zoning. The nodes are fragile and can be broken with a strong hit or two, so the main purpose is keeping foes away as Kalin tries to charge her Static Meter.
  • Side Hyper - Gigawatt Nodes - Kalin launches double the amount of nodes, but the same rules apply to the base attack.
Down Special - Pulse Barrier - A counterattack, Kalin creates an electric barrier around herself and anyone that hits it will be launched back and she will gain 10 points in her Static Meter. This attack is risky since it is very quick to put up, but has a long cooldown if it fails, which combined with her gimmick makes it very paying if it does fail.
  • Down Hyper - EMP - The field is bigger and is more safe to use, allowing Kalin to perform this attack much more effectively.
Up Special - Static Warp - A simple teleport, has good range and safety, but lacks any offensive pressure, also sends Kalin in freefall afterwards.
  • Up Hyper - Thunder Warp - Both the beginning and ending of the teleport has Kalin create an electric field, damaging foes in the process, however the warp has a shorter distance as a trade-off. Offers a more offensive take on a standard teleport.
Hypermax Attacks -
Level 1 - Volt Net -
Kalin conjures 5 small electrical nodes that home into the nearest target, shocking them in the net they create.
Level 2 - Volt Crawler - A gaint orb comes down and splits into 4 other orbs, which then run along the ground as traps.
Level 3 - Volt Therapy - Kalin heals herself, the percentage she heals is dependant on the Static Meter, with her gaining 1% of her damage healed for every 2 points she has on the Static Meter, meaning her healing maxes out at 25%. This move drains all of her Static Meter in the process.

This is a rough idea I had for Kalin's kit, I feel like it needs work but this is the basic idea I want to put out for her. I even intergrated her original concept of using magnetic nodes to be a normal part of her kit. Her aerials, grabs, and Hypermax Attacks were more difficult to create however. My intentions Kirbeh Kirbeh is to create a unique zoner that relies on trying to move a lot in order to build up more powerful zoning options to make up for the fact that her normal attacks have trouble killing.
Kirbeh Kirbeh I am going to remake Kalin's kit, and improve it overall. Do you like the whole nuclear idea I suggested? I think her physical design is perfect.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Kirbeh Kirbeh I am going to remake Kalin's kit, and improve it overall. Do you like the whole nuclear idea I suggested? I think her physical design is perfect.
Honestly I prefer the original solely electricity based moveset. It feels more cohesive that way, both from a plain moveset standpoint and when taking her visual design and lore into account.

Part of creating character identity is making sure the things that they're doing really fit. "She's a scientist therefore nuclear" feels pretty tacked on for the sake of squeezing another idea in.

A character based around nuclear power would be best built from the ground up imo. That way you can fully explore the concept rather than just relegating it enhanced special moves. That and you can then build the character's visual and story elements around the concept too.

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
Honestly I prefer the original solely electricity based moveset. It feels more cohesive that way, both from a plain moveset standpoint and when taking her visual design and lore into account.

Part of creating character identity is making sure the things that they're doing really fit. "She's a scientist therefore nuclear" feels pretty tacked on for the sake of squeezing another idea in.

A character based around nuclear power would be best built from the ground up imo. That way you can fully explore the concept rather than just relegating it enhanced special moves. That and you can then build the character's visual and story elements around the concept too.
True, I'm just thinking of a natural evolution as she builds up static electricity and therefore improves her Plasma Shot, going from static electricity to lighting to pure plasma, what do you think is a natural step from that, since Plasma Shot has 4 stages of power.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
True, I'm just thinking of a natural evolution as she builds up static electricity and therefore improves her Plasma Shot, going from static electricity to lighting to pure plasma, what do you think is a natural step from that, since Plasma Shot has 4 stages of power.
You could probably break up the 4 stages into power and utility, kinda like how Robin's Thunder tome works. The base version is an okay projectile, the 2nd is bigger and travels farther, the third briefly paralyzes on contact and the fourth can a big ol' Dr. Doom style plasma beam/Robin Thoron in or something.

Suddenly going from electricity/plasma to nuclear power doesn't really feel cohesive to the rest of her kit.

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
You could probably break up the 4 stages into power and utility, kinda like how Robin's Thunder tome works. The base version is an okay projectile, the 2nd is bigger and travels farther, the third briefly paralyzes on contact and the fourth can a big ol' Dr. Doom style plasma beam/Robin Thoron in or something.

Suddenly going from electricity/plasma to nuclear power doesn't really feel cohesive to the rest of her kit.
That's probably the better option, anyway ill clean up her kit, how's the progress on Aremi?

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
That's probably the better option, anyway ill clean up her kit, how's the progress on Aremi?
I think you already know the answer to that. Remember, I only just got back to a more regular schedule. The new concept sketches were my first time picking up the tablet since, late July/early August I think?

I do have this Monday off though so I'll see about finally going back to sprite work. That aside, when I have sprites ready I'll let you know. Keep in mind I'm only one person, working on this for a little bit once or twice a week. Progress is going to remain slow.

Normally you'd have a team with people assigned to different characters or different parts of the process; lineart, clean up, coloring, shading, etc.

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
I think you already know the answer to that. Remember, I only just got back to a more regular schedule. The new concept sketches were my first time picking up the tablet since, late July/early August I think?

I do have this Monday off though so I'll see about finally going back to sprite work. That aside, when I have sprites ready I'll let you know. Keep in mind I'm only one person, working on this for a little bit once or twice a week. Progress is going to remain slow.

Normally you'd have a team with people assigned to different characters or different parts of the process; lineart, clean up, coloring, shading, etc.
Yeah true, I'm still looking for those types of people who are interested in a project like this

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
I did do some other things, managed to make the menus activated via controllers and not just the mouse, and I got the perfect skidding physics.

Progress is slow for me too, but it exists, we just need a bigger team.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
Archetype - Zoner
Gimmick - Static Meter

• When Kalin is moving, or successfully uses her down special, Pulse Barrier, she builds up kinetic energy. This kinetic energy fills up a meter separate from the Hyper Meter called the Static Meter. The more she moves, the more she fills the Static Meter with points. The Static Meter fills up to 50 points.
  • When not moving, Kalin will lose 1 point a second in the Static Meter, as that potential energy gets lost. Additionally, she will lose 5 points in the Static Meter when she gets hit.
  • Kalin can use the Static Meter to enhance her neutral special, Tesla Shot, making it more powerful. The logistics of such a process will be detailed in the moveset section.
  • Kalin normally has 2 jumps, like most characters in the game; however, she can spend 10 points in the Static Meter to gain a third, more floaty jump. Kalin can also glide by levitating in the air by pressing up while airborne, slowing her descent at the cost of doubling the consumption of her Static Meter.
Intended Strengths -
  • A character intended to have a high skill cap, she is capable of performing several complex maneuvers when you master her, giving her some of the best mobility in the game.
  • Tesla Shot is a powerful primary weapon for Kalin to have, transitioning from a solid method to rack up damage to a larger kill move.
  • Unique movement options make her very tricky to hit even to experienced players.

Intended Weaknesses -
  • Since she needs to move to build the Static Meter, she can have some incredibly erratic movements at times, making her somewhat hard to control.
  • She lacks powerful kill options outside a charged Telsa Shot and a few other moves.
  • Her high skill ceiling can make her tricky to use.

Planned Stats: (Give a letter grade from E- to A+)
Walk Speed -
B-
Running Speed - B-
Traction - B+
Jump Height - B-
Air Acceleration - B+
Fall Speed - B-
Weight - B-

Ground Moves:
Jab -
Teslaglove - With her palm out, Kalin unloads a continuous jolt of electricity. In terms of raw power, this is one of the weakest jabs, but it is also one of the quickest in the game, giving it some strong combo potential.
Forward Tilt - Lightning Hook - Using her mechanical arm, Kalin socks the opponent with a forward hook, and can spike grounded opponents.
Up Tilt - Neuron Bash - Kalin performs an upwards headbutt, with the nodes in her head dealing extra electrical damage.
Down Tilt - Electric Floor - Kneeling, Kalin charges the floor with electricity, in exchange for impressive range, this attack only attacks grounded opponents.
Back Tilt - Frayed Volts - Some stray bolts of electricity attack the foe from behind, quite a quick move with some good knockback, making up for low raw damage.
Dash Attack - Electric Slide - Kalin performs a sliding kick (Ala Mega Man's slide), with her boot dealing the most damage due to being electrically charged.

Charge Attacks:
Side Charge - Gigawatt Punch -
A charged punch performed with Kalin's mechanical arm, seething in blue lightning, a slow but powerful charge attack with good kill power.
Up Charge - Brainblast - Kalin's nodes blast electricity upwards, only hitting foes above, luckily it is quite powerful.
Down Charge - Crackling Storm - A thunderbolt creates an electrical burst around Kalin to attack both sides.

Aerials:
Neutral Air - Shock Field -
Kalin conjures a small electric field around herself, making a short-range attack with good speed.
Forward Air - Tesla Orb - A short-ranged electric projectile gets launched forward from her palm, giving Kalin a ranged aerial, a rarity among the cast.
Up Air - Head Rush - An upward thrust using Kalin's head, using the coils to zap anyone that hits her head.
Down Air - Lightning Stomp - A downward kick gets performed, one that speeds up Kalin's descent (though it is not a stall and fall), the boot is where the attack is the strongest at it can spike.
Back Air - Bolted Kick - A backward kick, with lightning charged throughout, like the previous move the boot of the attack is the strongest.

Grabs:
Pummel - Zap Clasp -
Several electrical volts get charged into the opponent, damaging them.
Forward Throw - Arching Thunder - A strong over-the-shoulder swing that launches foes diagonally forward, a good kill throw.
Down Throw - Electron Press - Kalin uses electrically enhanced strength to bury the opponent, good to combo into her Electric Floor attack.
Back Throw - Power Pulse - Kalin propels the opponent backward with an electric blast.
Up Throw - Thunderdriver - Kalin tosses the foe upwards before a lightning bolt crashes the foe back to the floor.

Specials:
Neutral Special - Tesla Shot -
A unique projectile that is linked to the Static Meter, the more the meter is filled, the more powerful the attack becomes:
  • Tesla Shot - Level 1 - At 20 units or lower, Kalin will shoot small electrical shocks that function as weak but quick projectiles. These projectiles don't do any knockback but are great at racking up damage due to their quick firing speed.
  • Tesla Shot - Level 2 - Between 20 and 40 units Kalin can dispense her Static Meter to shoot a powerful arrow of electricity. When the arrow hits a target it will wrap them in electricity and stun them in place.
  • Tesla Shot - Level 3 - Between 40 and 50 units, Kalin will shoot a spread shot of electrical nodes, while not the strongest of her shots, these nodes cover the most area, being launched in a cone.
  • Tesla Shot - Level 4 - A giant orb of lightning gets shot, and is among the strongest attacks in the game in terms of raw damage and knockback, it is Kalin's primary kill move. The main weaknesses of this attack are that it is slow and has short range.
  • Neutral Hyper - Tesla Shot + - If her Static Meter isn't filled, enhancing the move will upgrade her to the next level of the move (If Kalin has enough power to use a Level 3 Tesla Shot and uses some meter, she can shoot a Level 4 Tesla Shot.) If she has a maxed-out Static Meter, Kalin can enhance it further by making the projectile a massive beam of electricity.
Side Special - Kinetic Nodes - Kalin launches a trio of nodes in the air; she can then press the special button again to pause them in place and create an electrical net, each node linking to each other with electricity, good for set-play and zoning. The nodes are fragile and can be broken with a strong hit or two, so the main purpose is to keep foes away as Kalin tries to charge her Static Meter.
  • Side Hyper - Gigawatt Nodes - Kalin launches double the amount of nodes, but the same rules apply to the base attack.
Down Special - Pulse Barrier - A counterattack, Kalin creates an electric barrier around herself and anyone that hits it will be launched back and she will gain 10 points in her Static Meter. This attack is risky since it is very quick to put up, but has a long cooldown if it fails, which combined with her gimmick makes it very paying if it does fail.
  • Down Hyper - EMP - The field is bigger and is more safe to use, allowing Kalin to perform this attack much more effectively.
Up Special - Static Warp - A simple teleport that has good range and safety, but lacks any offensive pressure, also sends Kalin in freefall afterward.
  • Up Hyper - Thunder Warp - Both the beginning and ending of the teleport have Kalin create an electric field, damaging foes in the process, however, the warp has a shorter distance as a trade-off. Offers a more offensive take on a standard teleport.
Hypermax Attacks -
Level 1 - Volt Net -
Kalin conjures 5 small electrical nodes that home into the nearest target, shocking them in the net they create.
Level 2 - Volt Crawler - A giant orb comes down and splits into 4 other orbs, which then run along the ground as traps.
Level 3 - Volt Therapy - Kalin heals herself, the percentage she heals is dependent on the Static Meter, with her gaining 1% of her damage healed for every 2 points she has on the Static Meter, meaning her healing maxes out at 25%. This move drains all of her Static Meter in the process.

Kirbeh Kirbeh honestly the moveset I already have is pretty solid, just gave it some grammar touch-ups, how do you like it/

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Forward Tilt - Lightning Hook - Using her mechanical arm, Kalin socks the opponent with a forward hook, and can spike grounded opponents.
Is this the new "spins like a tornado" Up Smash?

Your Ahab:
Forward Tilt: A downward hook from his left arm that can spike opponents.
From Rudder:
Forward Tilt - Slugger Punch - A forward hook done with a clenched fist, can be used to spike grounded opponents.
Granted, this one hasn't come up quite as often, but I think there was one other move set that had this at one point (LAM's I think?)

I still have to look over the rest of the moveset, but two moves in, I thought it was kind of funny to suddenly get that deja vu.

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
Is this the new "spins like a tornado" Up Smash?

Your Ahab:

From Rudder:

Granted, this one hasn't come up quite as often, but I think there was one other move set that had this at one point (LAM's I think?)

I still have to look over the rest of the moveset, but two moves in, I thought it was kind of funny to suddenly get that deja vu.
I didn't intend to make a coincidence, I just saw a metal arm and imagine that a forward hook from it would hurt, hence the moves creation 😅

FlexTape467

Smash Rookie

View attachment 394214

View attachment 394215
is kamen rider on netflix?

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Appearance - Rudder doesn't have a typical humanoid built/posture, instead mainly being hunched over with a build slightly resembling a sumo wrestler.
So, as I work on the Vespa rework, I remembered this detail from Rudder's description.

I never did finish the original design I was making for Rudder and personally, I wasn't very happy with the little I had. Looking back to this though, I finally got some inspiration to take another crack at it. With that in mind, I was thinking that perhaps the sumo inspiration could be transferred to Rudder alongside Vespa's rework into a weapon wielder via the honey dipper.

Extremely basic, quick doodle of what I have in mind for Rudder.

Screenshot 2024-09-19 000144.png

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
So, as I work on the Vespa rework, I remembered this detail from Rudder's description.

I never did finish the original design I was making for Rudder and personally, I wasn't very happy with the little I had. Looking back to this though, I finally got some inspiration to take another crack at it. With that in mind, I was thinking that perhaps the sumo inspiration could be transferred to Rudder alongside Vespa's rework into a weapon wielder via the honey dipper.

Extremely basic, quick doodle of what I have in mind for Rudder.

View attachment 394446
Looks good, reminds me of Quagsire oddly enough, due to the face, can you link me Rudder's old kit, it was quite old last time I remember.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Looks good, reminds me of Quagsire oddly enough, due to the face, can you link me Rudder's old kit, it was quite old last time I remember.
it's from page 15

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
it's from page 15

Yeah, Rudder's kit is solid but may need some touch-ups. As for his design making him more grimey to match his occupation as a garbage man could add some character to him.

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
Kirbeh Kirbeh been looking through Rudder's and Kalin's kits and both seem solid, how do you like them? I don't think they need much changes.

Last edited:

FlexTape467

Smash Rookie
yar har fiddle dee dee being a pirate is alright with me

and i assume i can obtain older power rangers seasons via this method?
ok to be completely honest i already know the answer to this i just wanted to keep a conversation going that didnt need to continue tbh and i dont know why

Top Bottom