• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sigh

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Ummm... actually I've always liked playing DK, it's just no one really seems to post here.

It's sad because he's actually a decent character and fun to play as. Although spikes **** his recovery.

And his shield sucks.

As does his fair.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
Spikes don't **** my recovery with DK. You gotta learn to ledge tech and mind game them so that they don't spike you when you're too far from the ledge. I don't remember the last time i was spiked and i play against marth and falco on a regular basis. And to make this thread worthwhile, i'll add in something that i don't really see anyone doing that i've been doing that works really well, and its also something i've never posted before.

When DK grabs fastfallers at stages like final d, we all know what happens. But we also know how difficult it is to do it at a stage with platforms. A good di by the fastfaller can break up the combo at stages with platforms. HOWEVER, i've learned to 0-death fast fallers on stages with platforms, and it only takes 3 hits. =). When you grab him on a stage with platforms, do a backthrow so that they just clear the edge and then jump out with a full jump, and at the top of your jump, do a n air and fast fall it, you should hit the fast faller lightly, just enough to knock them back a little bit and force them into using their up b. At this point, use your second jump and jump towards them and use your up b and recover. This'll knock them back even more and just enough so that they can only go for grabbing the ledge, which you will be taking a hold of when you recover. Just hold onto the edge and roll up and they'll fall to their miserable deaths. =). Been tested and works beautifully. Be carefull against falco though, if you mistime your n air, you'll catch an illusion and can possibly be killed by it

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Well it's just that if you're far out and trying to recover, people like Falcon or Ganon can fly out and spike you. I don't really have a problem with ledgetechs, it's just DK's crappy Meteor Cancel that destroys me.

And when I play Marth on DK, I ledgehog to ledgehop Counter for the edgeguard =P

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
DK is amazing and M2K says he's top 11.

That has to be worth something, right? Right?!?

/cries in corner

But in all seriousness, DK isn't really... popular. Boards tend to be more popular when more than 10 people globally play the character.

TrikELotus

Smash Apprentice
Mexican,

That sounds like a cool idea, I'll probably experiment with that in my next session.

Thanks for keeping this board alive lol

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
DK is amazing and M2K says he's top 11.

That has to be worth something, right? Right?!?

/cries in corner

But in all seriousness, DK isn't really... popular. Boards tend to be more popular when more than 10 people globally play the character.
M2K also says sheik is the best character but i don't believe that, because if she was the best character, that would be the character he'd be using...

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Mew2King does use Sheik time to time, but he uses Marth cause he's just plain better with Marth. The reason why he even switch to going mostly Marth is because he lost his controller which helped him have a techy Fox. So, since he lost that controller and had to buy a new one, "Fox wasn't his best anymore".

Also, his Sheik randomly gets ***** and Drephen makes fun of it lol.

Anyways, yeah, DK forums have always been the least popular, and the same actually goes for the DK forums in the Brawl section (but it's not as bad there, DK being a more usuable character and much much easier to use cause it's brawwwwl). Now just combine that with the fact Melee is less popular now.

DK in general is not a popular character.

cykofox

Smash Ace
Wow. Melee is indeed becoming less popular everyday, I'll still play and i'll pick up donkey kong and i'll call him betadk.

Cia

das kwl
DK ***** in the Atl. north area of US.. and i also believe that tier list is severely out dated. if they made an updated version i think it'd look something like this.

Top tier

Sheik
Fox

High tier

Marth
Falco
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Peach

Mid tier

Ice Climbers
Donkey Kong
Samus
Ganondorf
Dr. Mario
Mario
Luigi
Young Link

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
M2K also says sheik is the best character but i don't believe that, because if she was the best character, that would be the character he'd be using...
m2k does use sheik. a lot. there just aren't many vids of it except teams.

and i wasn't being too serious when i posted that earlier but i guess tone =/= transferable onto internet?

ye25

Smash Journeyman
Everyone shuns Dk cause dk also stands for double kill :].

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
why do people always laugh when i say fox is close and not that bad at all :(

and that ic are close and not that bad at all :(

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
This kids right.

And mexican I demand to see this edgeguard of yours in action.
It's a little bit difficult, but i do it all the time. I don't really have a way of uploading vids online though....I only have a vcr. lol. Maybe i should just record a bunch of tapes and then mail them to someone who can put them online for me....

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
why do people always laugh when i say fox is close and not that bad at all :(

and that ic are close and not that bad at all :(
This is completely true. Sheik's edgeguarding destroys fox's recovery (her ability to gimp fox is on par with marth's) and her tilts can outprioritize his entire approach.
The only real weakness she has is that she can't combo fox at low percent. But she can tech chase so... >.>

Cia

das kwl
This is completely true. Sheik's edgeguarding destroys fox's recovery (her ability to gimp fox is on par with marth's) and her tilts can outprioritize his entire approach.
The only real weakness she has is that she can't combo fox at low percent. But she can tech chase so... >.>
a thread where they talk about sheik ****** fox? i love this place.

but yeah. i also think sheik is the best in the game. the only characters that give me trouble are overly technical falcos.. until i get him off the stage and he gets *****. and for some reason, i suck against marth w/ sheik. lol

oh- and i just realized this thread is in the DK boards.. lol

HiIH

Smash Lord
Mexican said:
M2K also says sheik is the best character but i don't believe that, because if she was the best character, that would be the character he'd be using..
it's because he can tech chase a fox 0-death with his. = |

Top Bottom