• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Siggy Icons by N3ON~ Requests Temporarily Closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
At the same time, putting the weight off your shoulders and just overall make the process much painless.
Seeing as how requests have been closed for a while and N3on looks like a busy person, it's a good idea.
That's why she has me, so I can help fulfill the requests.

Again, that's just a crappy remake of the one N3ON and I already have. (For example, the bottom right of the gray.)

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I still have a mock up template of my own when I was wizarding up that experimental redo of the Shantae card, but I won't link it up here if you guys really don't want it. I'm sure you guys are hard at work on the rest of those signatures ^_^ (Besides on mine it was an experiment, and I linked the card I made of her in here anyway a week or so back. The only thing I don't really like about mine is the symbol :/.. Nothing I can do about that though.)

Anyways, keep up the good work. :p

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
That's why she has me, so I can help fulfill the requests.

Again, that's just a crappy remake of the one N3ON and I already have. (For example, the bottom right of the gray.)
I never said it was the actual template, and jeez man why'd you have to call it crappy? It's made out of the actual signatures.

And you haven't given an actual reason for giving out a template for other users to easily whip up their own signatures.

Last edited:

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
I never said it was the actual template, and jeez man why'd you have to call it crappy? It's made out of the actual signatures.

And you haven't given an actual reason for giving out a template for other users to easily whip up their own signatures.
It's just crappy how it was assembled.

And I have given a reason to not give out our template. But here's another, it'd destroy the originality of them. It's supposed to be special for N3ON to make them for the public.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
It's just crappy how it was assembled.

And I have given a reason to not give out our template. But here's another, it'd destroy the originality of them. It's supposed to be special for N3ON to make them for the public.
You said it'd defeat the purpose of fulfilling requests, which makes no sense. If you are really having fun with doing people's requests, then don't worry because they are still people out there who can't do this stuff themselves and would love for you to do it for them.

"It'd destroy the originality of them"... Uhhh, I have no idea what you're trying to say with this.

And about you saying the image I supplied is crappy, let's compare an icon made with the "crappy" template and one made with the official, not much of a difference. So I don't know why you said the base template looks crappy when it's almost the exact same thing.

Here I am ready to sound like an ass again, but it sounds to me like you just want the attention to have people being forced to come here and reply to thread then wait for you guys to make them and not letting them willingly do it themselves with you being associated.

Especially when the thread has restrictions like now allowing certain artwork or the character being forced to be on a Nintendo console, it's all just very unreasonable.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Hmm.. Well now that you say that, I kinda wanted to run another experiment.. (I went with a card that has already had an entry, and used a model more in less for the lolz)

An Inkling Card alternate, in Squid form XD

This card right here uses my own recreation of that template through my Gimp magic. The differences between it, and the official are fairly minor. (To those with good eyes: Can you spot the differences in this card here from the Inkling's official card? While most of the differences are down to little pixels.. there is one in particular that you should notice though, if you look hard enough.

I still of course am not giving out any form of it though. I am still going to respect the heads of this thread, and not botch up anything.

Does the issue with templates have more to do with quality and quantity control? I'm certain it would get rather hectic and difficult to keep track of new entries from independent users working on these cards... I mean its one thing when you have two or three people working on cards. When there is like ten... then things get tricky XD.. Not to mention what kind of cards they would try to make... (*cough* *cough* Shrek *cough*...)

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
If you respected us you wouldn't post this to begin with.
LMAO
This whole thread has an ego problem, If I wanted to I could just fufill people's requests even though they're supposed to be temporarily closed and I bet Hero and N3ON would go berserk because they wouldn't be getting the attention.

Because here we have a fellow user who is just trying to have fun yet he gets accused of not respecting a couple of people plastering random artwork onto a template because of it.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
If you respected us you wouldn't post this to begin with.
Nah. If I didn't respect you I would have posted the template itself here or elsewhere and let everyone have at it....

I'm not stupid. I know what chaos that would cause... I created that experiment primarily for other users to use.. also because your previous replies smelled of A-hole. You could have just simply told the guy "While the offer is nice, we would rather you not post templates. It would cause chaos in this thread and everything would grow unorganized." But nope. You instead decided to insult the guy up there's blemishes in that mockup template. (I'm not gonna lie, the blemishes are definitely present when the template itself has nothing on it.) Not only that, it would make N3ON's work a waste.. and I respect N3ON's efforts. My respect for you however has has started to dwindle with your recent replies.. Through creating separate cards, that are different. I'm only supplying the line-up. Templates are a bigger concern. It's not "originality" that would be the problem. It would be quality and quantity control, as I have stated.

It has nothing to do with "originality" or any garbage like that. These are signature cards... not massive, awe inspiring works of art... If they were the latter, they wouldn't be so easy to replicate, now would they?.. Now the things that probably really took work? The renders and models themselves, be them from official sources, or fan sources. THOSE are certainly original. The only remotely original card, would be the first card N3ON ever crafted, whichever that is. As that is when the card was first created, as that was when the card really meant something. However once it started being used to pump out cards for other characters, it became nothing more than template. The definition goes "present or existing from the beginning; first or earliest." That was the case with the first card. With the template?... that can't be said. The only thing "original" beyond that, is the models, icons, and the text. The former is childs play, if you know where to find a good render. Not to mention more than likely half of them are crafted by other fans, or by the official IP holders. Trying to claim originality over those would be an insult to the original creators of those renders, so that part is definitely out. The icon can be... assuming it's not of a character that already has a definite icon to use.. the only thing I would have issues with would be the text.. and that is only from not having the fonts for them, and for technical reasons. "Those" seem unique.

My primary goal in my gimp work, is to produce work that other users can use, and can find use for. Otherwise, we would just be creating works for ourselves... and to me, that is pointless, and BLOODY BORING..

Not to step on the card or anything. Its great, really it is... N3ON did a great job in it's over all design. However you make it out like it's a big to do.. What are you "really" here for? To show off, or to produce cards for the users to use here? As the way you have been replying over the past few hours is making it seem like the former........

LMAO
This whole thread has an ego problem, If I wanted to I could just fufill people's requests even though they're supposed to be temporarily closed and I bet Hero and N3ON would go berserk because they wouldn't be getting the attention.

Because here we have a fellow user who is just trying to have fun yet he gets accused of not respecting a couple of people plastering random artwork onto a template because of it.
Well I haven't seen a statement from N3ON in all of this yet. From what I've gathered of her, she seems definitely in this for the users, at least to what I am seeing. I dunno what Hero's problem is though. Sad really, since he seemed like a nice guy from his much earlier messages in this thread.. :/

<Message deleted due to accidentally making a new reply, rather than an edit>

Last edited by a moderator:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Nah. If I didn't respect you I would have posted the template itself here or elsewhere and let everyone have at it....

I'm not stupid. I know what chaos that would cause... I created that experiment primarily for other users to use.. also because your previous replies smelled of A-hole. You could have just simply told the guy "While the offer is nice, we would rather you not post templates. It would cause chaos in this thread and everything would grow unorganized." But nope. You instead decided to insult the guy up there's blemishes in that mockup template. (I'm not gonna lie, the blemishes are definitely present when the template itself has nothing on it.) Not only that, it would make N3ON's work a waste.. Through creating separate cards, that are different. I'm only supplying the line-up. Templates are a bigger concern. It's not "originality" that would be the problem. It would be quality and quantity control, as I have stated.

It has nothing to do with "originality" or any garbage like that. These are signature cards... not massive, awe inspiring works of art... If they were the latter, they wouldn't be so easy to replicate, now would they?.. Now the things that probably really took work? The renders and models themselves, be them from official sources, or fan sources. THOSE are certainly original. The only remotely original card, would be the first card N3ON ever crafted, whichever that is. As that is when the card was first created, as that was when the card really meant something. However once it started being used to pump out cards for other characters, it became nothing more than template. The definition goes "present or existing from the beginning; first or earliest." That was the case with the first card. With the template?... that can't be said. The only thing "original" beyond that, is the models, icons, and the text. The former is childs play, if you know where to find a good render. Not to mention more than likely half of them are crafted by other fans, or by the official IP holders. Trying to claim originality over those would be an insult to the original creators of those renders, so that part is definitely out. The icon can be... assuming it's not of a character that already has a definite icon to use.. the only thing I would have issues with would be the text.. and that is only from not having the fonts for them, and for technical reasons. "Those" seem unique.

My primary goal in my gimp work, is to produce work that other users can use, and can find use for. Otherwise, we would just be creating works for ourselves... and to me, that is pointless, and BLOODY BORING..

Not to step on the card or anything. Its great, really it is... N3ON did a great job in it's over all design. However you make it out like it's a big to do.. What are you "really" here for? To show off, or to produce cards for the users to use here? As the way you have been replying over the past few hours is making it seem like the former........
I agree very much with what you've said, If I wasn't on Mobile I'd type a much longer message but I'll keep it short til I go to bed.

Just like you said, the creation itself is the card; the template. It's basic knowledge by now that N3ON is a very popular user and if the template was just revealed to the public allowing them to create what they like without the OP rules in my opinion would not create to what you're presuming "chaos", people will remember who started it and N3ON wouldn't be forgotten.

Now of course if the card format blew up and became the standard for wanted newcomer miscellaneous then this thread would be forgotten and not many people would come here to request anymore since it'd be right there so they could do it themselves, but is there anything wrong with that? No. It's basically confirmed that N3ON wants attention for the templates and is highly against anybody trying to do it instead, but she shouldn't be.

I'm not stupid. I know what chaos that would cause... I created that experiment primarily for other users to use.. also because your previous replies smelled of A-hole. You could have just simply told the guy "While the offer is nice, we would rather you not post templates. It would cause chaos in this thread and everything would grow unorganized." But nope. You instead decided to insult the guy up there's blemishes in that mockup template. (I'm not gonna lie, the blemishes are definitely present when the template itself has nothing on it.) Not only that, it would make N3ON's work a waste.. and I respect N3ON's efforts. My respect for you however has has started to dwindle with your recent replies.. Through creating separate cards, that are different. I'm only supplying the line-up. Templates are a bigger concern. It's not "originality" that would be the problem. It would be quality and quantity control, as I have stated.

Well I haven't seen a statement from N3ON in all of this yet. From what I've gathered of her, she seems definitely in this for the users, at least to what I am seeing. I dunno what Hero's problem is though. Sad really, since he seemed like a nice guy from his much earlier messages in this thread.. :/
I don't know if you saw the earlier messages from awhile ago where I attempted at a Crash Bandiicot template, but I tried my hand at one and I was immediately called an ass and an impatient person for just that. I feel like Hero is only trying to follow in N3ON's way and white-knight her.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I agree very much with what you've said, If I wasn't on Mobile I'd type a much longer message but I'll keep it short til I go to bed.

Just like you said, the creation itself is the card; the template. It's basic knowledge by now that N3ON is a very popular user and if the template was just revealed to the public allowing them to create what they like without the OP rules in my opinion would not create to what you're presuming "chaos", people will remember who started it and N3ON wouldn't be forgotten.

Now of course if the card format blew up and became the standard for wanted newcomer miscellaneous then this thread would be forgotten and not many people would come here to request anymore since it'd be right there so they could do it themselves, but is there anything wrong with that? No. It's basically confirmed that N3ON wants attention for the templates and is highly against anybody trying to do it instead, but she shouldn't be.
Well I was mostly referring to the sense of multiple cards showing up in this thread in particular. If there were still an attempt to manage it if such a thing occurred. Multiple workers are harder to keep tabs on after all. Considering how large threads can get sometimes, (and I can bet from the quality of these signature cards, it will grow bigger..) it could become possible for some cards to be lost in the messages, and end up not getting to be added to the main lineup, in the OP for users to see. Not to mention there would be a chance they could be plopped into new threads, and things could get murky. N3ON is only human after all. It's the same reason why she got flooded from all of the requests in the first place. I also do at least appreciate Hero trying to get more cards out for users to use.. as I am certain it has definitely been helping take a bit of the burden off of her back, that is for sure. However from the way his mindset seems to be, from his recent replies... I'm just not sure what to make of em :/

I don't know if you saw the earlier messages from awhile ago where I attempted at a Crash Bandiicot template, but I tried my hand at one and I was immediately called an *** and an impatient person for just that. I feel like Hero is only trying to follow in N3ON's way and white-knight her.
I'm afraid I didn't. For some reason my notification feed doesn't always fire for this thread for some reason.. I'm not sure why though.

Were you trying to craft another template at the time, or were you creating a card specifically for Crash?

If it's the latter I can definitely see it. These sort of things steal the spotlight from his own work after all.. Perhaps he is being hostile because of that? If that is the case, I am quite disappointed..

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Well I was mostly referring to the sense of multiple cards showing up in this thread in particular. If there were still an attempt to manage it if such a thing occurred. Multiple workers are harder to keep tabs on after all. Considering how large threads can get sometimes, (and I can bet from the quality of these signature cards, it will grow bigger..) it could become possible for some cards to be lost in the messages, and end up not getting to be added to the main lineup, in the OP for users to see. Not to mention there would be a chance they could be plopped into new threads, and things could get murky. N3ON is only human after all. It's the same reason why she got flooded from all of the requests in the first place. I also do at least appreciate Hero trying to get more cards out for users to use.. as I am certain it has definitely been helping take a bit of the burden off of her back, that is for sure. However from the way his mindset seems to be, from his recent replies... I'm just not sure what to make of em :/
As a guy who has started two "Request a character to be in this format" threads like this, although not even half as big as this one I can definitely say that this kind of stuff is incredibly easy to produce and fill in requests in less than an hour. And you may say the icons/banners that I made are far less complex, then I can tell you that I've made about 3 of these types of cards and they're nowhere near as harder to make.

I doubt if the template was given out then people would bombard this thread with their own creations but rather upload them onto deviantart or just use them for signatures.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
As a guy who has started two "Request a character to be in this format" threads like this, although not even half as big as this one I can definitely say that this kind of stuff is incredibly easy to produce and fill in requests in less than an hour. And you may say the icons/banners that I made are far less complex, then I can tell you that I've made about 3 of these types of cards and they're nowhere near as harder to make.

I doubt if the template was given out then people would bombard this thread with their own creations but rather upload them onto deviantart or just use them for signatures.
Heh yeah. By the way, I certainly have been fond of the style of your icons as well. Their small size also makes them really viable for signatures too, that is for sure. There are ways to edit the size of cards and things... but I wouldn't doubt all that many people who don't know their way around the programs we use would know how to without harming the quality of them. (I hate it when things pixelate :/) I had to get help from another kind user on here with that myself before I grew accustomed to Gimp, so there is the proof there

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Heh yeah. By the way, I certainly have been fond of the style of your icons as well. Their small size also makes them really viable for signatures too, that is for sure. There are ways to edit the size of cards and things... but I wouldn't doubt all that many people who don't know their way around the programs we use would know how to without harming the quality of them. (I hate it when things pixelate :/)
I think my icons look like crap right now because of how pixelated they look, I'll be opening the new and improved thread hopefully soon.

But on topic and hopefully in conclusion, the template should honestly just be revealed and should be open to those who have the programs to utilize them instead of people just requesting the original creator to do it for them with the unnecessary OP rules.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I think my icons look like crap right now because of how pixelated they look, I'll be opening the new and improved thread hopefully soon.

But on topic and hopefully in conclusion, the template should honestly just be revealed and should be open to those who have the programs to utilize them instead of people just requesting the original creator to do it for them with the unnecessary OP rules.
Yeah. I can understand their place though, when being run by one person. If one doesn't set up guidelines, once people start noticing you you start getting requests out of the wood works. XD I mean she got swamped even with them in place, so that says something :/

Speaking of N3ON.. I just realized she is at 9,998 messages.. She's almost at a big milestone. XD Gratz to ya N3ON, Whenever you see this message!

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Yeah. I can understand their place though, when being run by one person. If one doesn't set up guidelines, once people start noticing you you start getting requests out of the wood works. XD I mean she got swamped even with them in place, so that says something :/

Speaking of N3ON.. I just realized she is at 9,998 messages.. She's almost at a big milestone. XD Gratz to ya N3ON, Whenever you see this message!
Hey, with you having fun with GIMP and editing yourself, I guess your tagline/nickname could be... "The Maker". ;)

D

Deleted member

Let's all be chill here? Business is done, and atleast I am happy. How bout ya'll go get eat a snickers, cuz your not you when your hungry!

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Yeah guys, let's settle down. N3ON was doing us a favor, this is no way to act to someone who's making these for us. :p
But here's the thing, she isn't doing much at all. We could all be doing this ourselves with total creative control but she won't let us do that but she wants the attention.

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
But here's the thing, she isn't doing much at all. We could all be doing this ourselves with total creative control but she won't let us do that but she wants the attention.
See, this is what I mean. You say she does nothing, yet look at all of those siggies in the OP. You clearly take that for granted. Stop trying to take control of her thread, you're not making things any better by doing this.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
See, this is what I mean. You say she does nothing, yet look at all of those siggies in the OP. You clearly take that for granted. Stop trying to take control of her thread, you're not making things any better by doing this.
"Stop trying to take control of her thread", yeah okay buddy.

And it's just amusing how you act like those siggies take effort or talent, anybody can slap artwork from Google Images onto a template.

I don't take anything for granted either, look at my CSS Styled Signature Icon thread, over 176 icons with every single one having an alternate version (So that'd technically be over 352) and it was only started about a month ago. http://smashboards.com/threads/css-...equests-until-220-over-170-characters.396639/

While this thread only has 162 icons and has started almost 2 months ago.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
And it's just amusing how you act like those siggies take effort or talent, anybody can slap artwork from Google Images onto a template.
Then why does your version of the Cooking Mama icon clearly lack the quality of the ones made by N3ON?
UltraMario is right, and sharing the template and letting everyone make their own icons would defeat the purpose of N3ON making them in the first place.
Your own stuff isn't so bad, so stick to that instead.

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Then why does your version of the Cooking Mama icon clearly lack the quality of the ones made by N3ON?
UltraMario is right, and sharing the template and letting everyone make their own icons would defeat the purpose of N3ON making them in the first place.
Your own stuff isn't so bad, so stick to that instead.
Clearly lack quality? The only thing that it's lacking is the white silhouette, it was made poorly through the wrong method. And it's obvious that N3ON is using a different program so she probably has a tool to do that stuff for her.

And you're wrong when you say releasing the template would just make the requests meaningless, people who don't have the tools to do it themselves would still request N3ON to do it for them.
Even if it did, what's wrong with that? It's far better for the people.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
RedAndWatch, it's appalling how disrespectful you're being. This isn't a competition, this isn't some art content, I made these for me, I offered to make them for others in my spare time, people took a liking to them, so I make them when I can. The only thing I ask in return is for people to be patient, because believe it or not, making these, while enjoyable, isn't my life's highest priority. If you think the owner/creator wanting to have control over their own assets is so ridiculous, I urge you to go use the assets of any trademarked or copyrighted material against the consent of their owners and see how far your defenses get you. Or maybe go criticize some not-for-profit volunteer organization. I see nothing adverse with us sticking to our icons and you sticking to yours, there doesn't need to be conflict or competition.

In any case, this is not the direction I wanted the thread to go. I'm requesting a lock until I can get back on top of things. For those of you that bared with me without losing your cool, which was just about all of you, many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom