• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Side steppers.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
The most annoying thing in the world, are side steppers, unfortunately, it's VERY effective in this game.

How to beat it? I find I'm having troubles against these people...

Statistics

Smash Cadet
wait a half-second before you attack. Remember that spot-dodging is bad when you're not being attacked. If you play against people who do it constantly (I'm gonna assume you're using Wolf), then get up in their face but don't attack right away in an attempt to get them to dodge. If they do, grab or d-smash them depending on their damage. If they don't, then the mind games escalate and you need to adapt.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Well you can do the noob thing and spam smashes until it wears off but thats pointless. I tend to empty SH alot so Im ready for both ground and aerial hits after the dodge, but either way you have to wait abit for it end before attempting an attack.

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
If their only way of approaching is like this than I spam pistol until one shot hits or they end up in range of one of my attacks. I dunno why but I find that when they try this it makes it very easy for me to knock some sense into them.

snadmonkey

Smash Journeyman
Hold in the A button to rapidly spam first blow of 3 hit jab till conencts and does 3 hit combo.

Top Bottom