• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Side B... Do or Die, sadly.

ph15h

Smash Cadet
Wow. I really love his side B. Now that his aerial Side B grabs and smashes opponents into the ground or downward.

Sadly, I've found little use for this. You would think the enemy would get KO'd first if used in Mid air to send them to their doom, right? Wrong. Ganondorf Gets KO'd first. How did I learn?

In a match against an opponent where he had 180% and I had 35, I thought I'd be cool and grab him and smash him into oblivion for a flashy ending. =/ Ganondorf died first and I lost the match.

Uses for his Side B? Well. You can use it on the ground and do some damage, but it's easily dodgeable and has no knockback. So how do you Kill with it? The aerial Side B. That's a little harder. His Side B is fast enough to catch hit someone preparing with an airdodge, yet slow enough to still destroy them if they dodged too soon (He threw a Pit that he flew pass by a few feet... funny really.) A meteor smash from him takes too long and it doesn't leave a bad *** trail of purple

To set up a perfect kill thats flashy. You have to do it right. The only way to save your self yet have the opponent be humiliated is as follows

X= Ganondorf
O= Opponent.
...= Air. The formatting left aligns everything
....................X
--------------------O

______________X_

........................O
By using it while in the air Right at the edge, your opponent will fly down and act as a spike that cannot be countered (I tried it against my friend 4 times and he couldn't Up B or a second jump) Sadly, its so hard to set up perfectly, but when you do, its so awesome.

When I have 2 stocks left and my opponent only has 1, I still Kamikaze. It just looks cooler.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
I use his side b for chaining. just follow up when they roll or wait a few seconds if they don't and side b em again. I just use to combo and rack up damage.

triforceswordmaster

Smash Apprentice
i was fighting peach on toon link's ship and a funny thing happened. i suicided her over the edge of the ship into the water and she died but i swam.

i havn't tried it again so i dunno if it'll always happen. it was sweet though.

Chro

Smash Apprentice
That's not always true. I've forced Sudden Death with Ganoncide (my brother was freaking playing Snake, too. BAD MOVE. Note to self: Do NOT play Snake in Sudden Death on FD. EVER.)

And I know what you mean. On a recovering Jigglypuff on Bridge of Eldin with the gap I did side-B right at the edge--I hit the edge, they got spiked. It was pretty cool, but it's pretty hard to pull off, especially since most people end up grabbing the edge instead of coming up on top of it. It can happen, tho.

Crow02

Smash Rookie
I have also forced Sudden Death with a Ganoncide, though I was against Mario I think. Maybe it's character dependant? I've heard lots of stories where Ganon died first. Has anyone tried this with a huge character like Bowser or Dedede? If I can get someone to help me out I'll try to make up a list of who will die first in this situation.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Yea, I use >B for tech-chasing by >B'ing em after they roll. Its hilarious, then i go for the aerials to knock em out.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
It doesnt even count as a kill when you suicide someone like that.

Its useful for stock matches or if you're being edgeguarded and you watn to reset.

JFunk

Smash Rookie
I usually follow a flame choke with a FTilt, Thunder punch, or DTilt. The down tilt usually works. And if they dodge it all the time, don't use it.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Uh, side+B is basically his best move. It's a grab, so it's much less dodgeable than any of his other moves. Once you land it, as long as you correctly predict your opponent, you can land many in a row, and finish by chasing into an f-air or down+B.

Edit - And of course d-tilt/whatever if they don't move.

Top Bottom